Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Ann Romney: ‘Stop It. This Is Hard’

Posted by   + Show Post
Ann Romney: ‘Stop It. This Is Hard’

Time out: Ann Romney’s had enough. Responding to complaints about Mitt’s campaign in an interview with Radio Iowa on Thursday, Mrs. Romney challenged her fellow Republicans to take on the job themselves if they think they can do better. “This is hard. You want to try it? Get in the ring,” she said, urging them to realize “how lucky we are to have someone with Mitt’s qualifications and experience and know-how” as a presidential candidate. Romney seemed to shrug off criticism of his 47 percent comment and other recent jabs at his campaign, but Ann’s remarks suggest she and her husband are more concerned about the Republicans who have since distanced themselves from Mitt.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2012/09/21/ann-romney-stop-it-this-is-hard.html
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Replies (21-30):
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:34 AM
3 moms liked this

Hmmm.  While I'm sure she is right, I don't have much sympathy for her.  Yep, it is hard.  And...

asfriend
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Let's do be honest, if you heard what he actually said and you don't agree with him, you are the problem.

Quoting kiriis:

I've gotta be honest, if my husband was stupid enough to say something like that even behind closed doors while running for political office, he be on his own.

Quoting MyJaidonreturns:

Sounds like those Republicans can see right through Romney. Good for them for making it clear that the entire party is not behind him. Of course Mrs. Romney is going to stand up for her husband. Who wouldnt do that for their husband?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:36 AM

She's right.  It is hard and I'm so tired of hearing people complain, but don't it "anything".  That said, I don't think the comment changes a thing.

asfriend
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:37 AM
it's"quit" not "quite"

Quoting mikiemom:

wow, quite picking on my husband because my whole existence depends on him. How sad. They are not the right people for the position, she will make a horrible first lady,

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:39 AM
2 moms liked this

how lucky we are to have someone with Mitt’s qualifications and experience and know-how” as a presidential candidate.

lol

What she doesn't see is that we are NOT lucky to have a man running for President who has so much disdain for half of the country he wishes to govern.

asfriend
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
False, ignorant, racist, vulgar, mean spirited rant.

Quoting glitterteaz:

They FINALLY realized what a moron they selected for the most important job in the country.  I mean it is now OBVIOUS he is hiding from the media. Refusing to do interview shows and such is not helping him at all then you have all the leaked video of his richie rich lack of compassion or care for the people in the USA under a certain tax bracket. I mean think about it he wants the richest in the country to not have to pay taxes FUCKING come on!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rfurlongg
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Ditto

Quoting brookiecookie87:

I imagine it would take a toll. Especially if fellow Party Members started chipping in.

I don't envy either Ann or Michelle.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiriis
by Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Wow really? Did I say I didn't agree or is that just someting ASSumed? But, his wife doesn't pay income tax, right? So doesn't that put her in the 47%? Or because her husband is a political figure, is she some how above the rest of us?

Quoting asfriend:

Let's do be honest, if you heard what he actually said and you don't agree with him, you are the problem.

Quoting kiriis:

I've gotta be honest, if my husband was stupid enough to say something like that even behind closed doors while running for political office, he be on his own.

Quoting MyJaidonreturns:

Sounds like those Republicans can see right through Romney. Good for them for making it clear that the entire party is not behind him. Of course Mrs. Romney is going to stand up for her husband. Who wouldnt do that for their husband?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gotnothinonme
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:42 AM
2 moms liked this

could you expand on that? is someone who heard what he said and disagrees the problem because they fall into the 47% he's dismissed or are they the problem because they DON'T fit into his blanket statement?

Quoting kiriis:

Quoting MyJaidonreturns:

kiriis
by Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:45 AM
I agree completely glitterteaz. It would seem our mutual friend here has issues with people who even hint at having a different political view point than her.

Quoting asfriend:

False, ignorant, racist, vulgar, mean spirited rant.

Quoting glitterteaz:

They FINALLY realized what a moron they selected for the most important job in the country.  I mean it is now OBVIOUS he is hiding from the media. Refusing to do interview shows and such is not helping him at all then you have all the leaked video of his richie rich lack of compassion or care for the people in the USA under a certain tax bracket. I mean think about it he wants the richest in the country to not have to pay taxes FUCKING come on!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)