Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 year old still showers with her dad... Ok or taboo?

Posted by   + Show Post
My bf's dd just told us tonight that her cousin who is 5 still showers with her dad sometimes.

When do you think you cut off ur dd from showering with her dad? Or when is there a cutoff time for your ds showering with you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Replies (11-20):
stephjohn
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 1:40 AM

I think that is not okay. I have twin 5 yr old girls and they're just to curious. They would ask so many questions. Hell my dh will even sit down to pee because he doesn't want them to see. I think for daddy's and little girls is just kind of odd except if they're babies. The same for my ds. Once he is a toddler and is curious i would no longer take showers with him.

collectivecow
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 1:49 AM

BUMP!

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 1:53 AM

when they start asking about body parts times up

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Sep. 23, 2012 at 2:22 AM
3 moms liked this
When the kids say they feel uncomfortable or ask not to...

Every kid is dfferent.

My oldest are 5 & 3 and they still shower with me. Saves water wit all 3 of us there and I can make sure they wash up. No big deal to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Sep. 23, 2012 at 2:22 AM
Yup.

Quoting bearsbabies:

When they or u feel its awkward
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Sep. 23, 2012 at 2:24 AM
3 moms liked this
Just because you're not comfortable doesn't mean other parents aren't...

Why "never"? When my husband was deployed and my son was a baby I couldn't bring him in the shower with me? That's silly...

Quoting LexRi0709:

Imo parents shouldn't shower with children of the opposite sex, ever. My girls are 3 and 5, and I have probably showered 2x with each girl. I'm just not comfortable with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arroree
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

When the kids say they feel uncomfortable or ask not to...

Every kid is dfferent.

My oldest are 5 & 3 and they still shower with me. Saves water wit all 3 of us there and I can make sure they wash up. No big deal to me.

Agreed, and ditto.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:26 AM
7 moms liked this

For me, I was still taking showers with my son at age 5, as in just turned.  Over the past year, we've gravitated away from showering together, though he still showers with dad.  Whatever is fine.  Honestly, we have all these hangups about sex... kids don't know these things are culturally wrong unless we get all uptight about it.  I remember a while back a woman freaking out that any kid of any age, even 2, would ever see either of their parents without at least underwear on.  Honestly, I think that sort of thing is slightly unhealthy, and speaks to the mother's hangups about the human body.  All that being said, the comfort of the parents and the children are what matters most.  If they're not comfortable, then they shouldn't do it.  If they are, then who cares?

jshalas89
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:29 AM
When they start remembering. So about 4 no later. 5 is way too old. I remember seeing my dads, ugh..junk and that just disgusts me now. I was about 5.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
qqhotplay
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:39 AM

the cut off is when they start school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured