Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Planned Parenthood's Facebook Page For Teens Be A "Proud Slut"

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:58 PM
  • 220 Replies
4 moms liked this

(CNSNews.com) – Planned Parenthood’s Facebook page, “Planned Parenthood Info for Teens,” includes sexual content, including a link to an MTV program, “Sextra Credit Episode 2,” focusing on the meaning of the word “slut.”

“Find a seat in the class and let Francisco school you with his lecture on slutty slander!” the teaser above the video states when a visitor clinks on the line on Planned Parenthood’s Facebook page.

“A lot of people define slut as someone who has too much sex or too many partners – but according to who?” Francisco asks. “The slut fairy?”

Francisco continues by sharing the “positive” side to being called a slut.

“But did you know that some people use slut in a positive way? Francisco says. “They use it to define a woman who is confident in her sexuality and being the sexual being that she is.” Francisco says. “I personally think there’s a little bit of slut in all of us.”

“Why is it that when girls have lots of sex they’re sluts, but when guys have it, they’re studs? Francisco says. “Not only does that make zero sense, but it’s also totally unfair.

“So hey, stand up for equality,” Francisco says. “Stop the slut-shaming.”

There is also a link to Seventeen Magazine: “We’re taking sex questions over at Seventeen Magazine,” the teaser to the link says.

If the Facebook visitor clicks on the link they are taken to the part of the magazine’s website where Planned Parenthood’s offers “expert advice” to teens’ questions about sex, including graphic descriptions of oral sex.

Planned Parenthood’s Facebook page for teens also has links to its affiliates, clinics and political action organizations.

The “timeline” on the page provides dates, such as the launch of Planned Parenthood in 1840, and information on topics ranging from the average age a girl starts menstruation to “facts” about masturbation.

Funny how being a liberated woman today is ALL about her sexual organs. I thought we were supposed to be considered more than a bio-pleasure unit. I thought liberation meant equality. Guess I was wrong.......

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2012/09/21/planned-parenthood-s-facebook-page-teens-slut-positive-word

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sat.Wed
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
*pops popcorn*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlekD
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah girls. Remember, unless you are having promiscuous sex regularly, you are not being confident in your sexuality or embracing your role as a purely sexual being!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:06 PM
7 moms liked this

There is no positive side to being a slut.  I am ashamed to be sharing the same air with people who tell children that it's okay to have a lot of sex.  Teens don't need to be focusing on their sexuality at any aspect, but if they absolutely must, we should be teaching only one partner at a time, with frequent STD testing.  Not that it's perfectly acceptable to bounce from one person to the next.  Not only is it beyond immoral, it is also extremely dangerous.

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

And we wonder why teens are committing suicide, just look at the type of information they are being given? 

morrigan914
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:09 PM
10 moms liked this
I read it as excepting your sexuality, not necessarily having wild hot monkey sex with anything with a pulse.

Sat.Wed
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
EXACTLY! but you see how its being "mistaken"

Quoting morrigan914:

I read it as excepting your sexuality, not necessarily having wild hot monkey sex with anything with a pulse.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:11 PM
6 moms liked this
I would like to see less slut-shaming. As long as girls are fully educated and aware if what they are doing and doing WHAT THEY WANT (I cannot stress that enough), then I have no problem with teaching them to be confident and stick up for themselves in terms of their sexuality.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
This... And didn't women already start taking back the word slut, with the slut walks? This is old news.

Quoting morrigan914:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
morrigan914
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:14 PM
4 moms liked this
Yes, being told to embrace yourself and not be ashamed of yourself must cause a lot of teens to think "I just can't do this anymore" suicide is never funny and adults should have more tact then to use it for shock value or for a cheap laugh. SMDH
Quoting 12hellokitty:

And we wonder why teens are committing suicide, just look at the type of information they are being given? 

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:16 PM
5 moms liked this
It's a fb page. It's not stats or info supported by WHO, THE CDC or AMEDF
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured