Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Bloomberg poll: Obama 49, Romney 43

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:26 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

Bloomberg poll: Obama 49, Romney 43

Source: Politico/Bloomberg

The president continues to hover around the 50-percent mark, as increased voter optimism fails to fully allay concern about the economy, according to Bloomberg's latest polling: 

Half of Americans hold an unfavorable view of Romney -- a September high for a presidential challenger in the last three decades -- and 49 percent of likely voters consider the former Massachusetts governor out-of-touch compared with 40 percent who say that of Obama in the latest Bloomberg National Poll conducted Sept. 21-24. 

Still, Obama heads into the closing stretch of the race with a majority of Americans -- 53 percent -- disapproving of his handling of the economy, and Romney holding a slim edge as the candidate likely voters rate best able to create jobs. The president does have one clear advantage -- his economic plan is breaking through with more Americans, who give him a 48 percent to 39 percent advantage over Romney on having a vision for a successful future. 

In the head-to-head contest, Obama leads Romney among likely voters, 49 percent to 43 percent, even as 60 percent of Americans say the nation is headed off on the wrong track as the president completes his first term. 

One of the fundamental assumptions of Romney's campaign, all along, has been that voters who feel this negatively about the president's economic performance and the overall direction of the country can't possibly vote to reelect Obama. Either that gravitational force will produce a real change in Obama's numbers as Election Day approaches, or it'll be fair to ask whether that assumption was flawed from the outset. 

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/09/bloomberg-poll-obama-romney-136680.html?hp=l3_b1 

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-26/romney-negativity-muddies-message-as-obama-leads-in-poll.html 

complete results: http://media.bloomberg.com/bb/avfile/rhMzOK9Gexhs
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:30 AM

well this is going to crush those who keep insisting that Romney is winning.

trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Another one of those peski polls that all seem to be showing Obama gaining week by week. It's just the media trying to spin thing dontcha know?
Pema_Jampa
by SxyTaco on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Jon Stewart: Obama’s Winning Because Closer We Get To Election, ‘Dumber’ Romney Gets - video link

VIDEO herehttp://www.mediaite.com/tv/jon-stewart-obamas-winning-because-closer-we-get-to-election-dumber-romney-gets/ 

On Tuesday night, Jon Stewart took a critical look at President Barack Obama‘s decision to forego one-on-one meetings with world leaders while the United Nations General Assembly is in New York City. Looking further into the dynamics of this campaign cycle, Stewart deemed Obama “the luckiest dude on the planet.” Because without Mitt Romney (read: the gift that keeps on giving), he’d be in trouble. -snip-

radioheid
by Libertarian on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:09 AM

A lot of people *are* dissatisfied with Obama's performance, but what will get him re-elected is the general distrust of and utter disgust with Romney. Romney is a cold, crisp businessman who "likes to fire people", would have our auto industry (which employs 1 in 8 Ohioans) "go bankrupt", sold off American companies with Bain, admittedly bought a Chinese sweatshop, and classifies nearly half (47%) of our nation as free-loading "victims" who will vote for Obama to continue getting hand-outs.

Fucking. Ew.

I'm part of Romney's "47%", and I'm a registered Republican and disabled veteran, but I'd go to hell before I'd vote for him. Gary Johnson has my vote, and I don't care if that is viewed as "a vote for Obama".

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

GLWerth
by Gina on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Nah, they'll just say they don't believe in polls.

Until one shows Romney closer...then, they believe 100%.

Quoting turtle68:

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I think more and more people are feeling like that

Quoting radioheid:

A lot of people *are* dissatisfied with Obama's performance, but what will get him re-elected is the general distrust of and utter disgust with Romney. Romney is a cold, crisp businessman who "likes to fire people", would have our auto industry (which employs 1 in 8 Ohioans) "go bankrupt", sold off American companies with Bain, admittedly bought a Chinese sweatshop, and classifies nearly half (47%) of our nation as free-loading "victims" who will vote for Obama to continue getting hand-outs.

Fucking. Ew.

I'm part of Romney's "47%", and I'm a registered Republican and disabled veteran, but I'd go to hell before I'd vote for him. Gary Johnson has my vote, and I don't care if that is viewed as "a vote for Obama".

Pema_Jampa
by SxyTaco on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:50 PM

O/T 

I love your siggy!

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

I think more and more people are feeling like that

Quoting radioheid:

Fucking. Ew.

LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Exactly...now polls don't matter, everyone is 'waiting for the debates'...with Romney's Foot In Mouth disease, I'm not sure that's exactly a winning campaign strategy...

Quoting GLWerth:

Quoting turtle68:

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:56 PM

I have a dinner at the Melting Pot riding on the debate. I have bet my husband that Romney will be able to say something stupider than he already has and my husband says that's not possible - yummy - I know was cheese fondue I want but I haven't decided on which chocolate to get.

Quoting LucyMom08:

Exactly...now polls don't matter, everyone is 'waiting for the debates'...with Romney's Foot In Mouth disease, I'm not sure that's exactly a winning campaign strategy...

Quoting GLWerth:

Quoting turtle68:

LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I'm interested to see the reactions to the debates...I know it will get plenty of attention, but I'm wondering if the VP debates will be used as distraction, KWIM?

Quoting mikiemom:

I have a dinner at the Melting Pot riding on the debate. I have bet my husband that Romney will be able to say something stupider than he already has and my husband says that's not possible - yummy - I know was cheese fondue I want but I haven't decided on which chocolate to get.

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting GLWerth:

Quoting turtle68:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN