Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
So how come for 20 years we heard about Dec 2012 being the end of the world, movies, tv specials, all about 2012. Now that we are a couple months away from that fateful day, no one is talking about it at all. No mention. WTH?

by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Replies (11-20):
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Yeah...i can kind of remember something like that.

Quoting deadlights86:

I thought it was more like 5,000 years. I read an article months ago they found a wall with lots of info about the calendar.

Quoting UpSheRises:

Because they announced they read the calendar wrong we we still have like another 2000 years to go.

Or at least i read that on the internet at sometime in the last year.

jenmeehan11
by Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Good question! I don't know. Maybe people don't want to talk about it for fear it might come true lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asfriend
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 5:58 PM
11 moms liked this
Because decent people are too busy making sure that we vote the current pos out of the White House, just in case the world doesn't end.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 6:04 PM
2 moms liked this

that one super religious guy that kept predicting the end of the world finally had a stroke a few days after his last prediction fell through.

but on a good note, the show Revolution is turning out to not be too bad.

Quoting FrogSalad:

The end is always conveniently a year, two years or 5 in the future.

Then as the deadline passes, a new end of the world myth gears up.

What I always wonder is if it's the same people each time that think "this time" it's really the end or do some people wise up and new people get sucked in in their place?

tiffluv81
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 6:08 PM
9 moms liked this

WELL i guess people are tired of making asses of themselves. us nor them, or the myans will ever know. Matter of Fact jesus dont even know. That information was sealed in revelations. When God sent JOhn to get the scroll from the beast on land and water the beast made him swallow is, so therefore no one knows. Just know we are in the last days so live according to the word. Seek ye first the kingdom of Heaven.

ok im done

qqhotplay
by Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 6:11 PM
2 moms liked this

what about planet x?

Nicoleb9
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 6:12 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't care for the Mayan thing. Give me The Walking Dead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
qqhotplay
by Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 6:13 PM

nope people will find other things to argue about and make asses of themselves. one example is the bill nye and the revolution ordeal

Quoting tiffluv81:

WELL i guess people are tired of making asses of themselves. us nor them, or the myans will ever know. Matter of Fact jesus dont even know. That information was sealed in revelations. When God sent JOhn to get the scroll from the beast on land and water the beast made him swallow is, so therefore no one knows. Just know we are in the last days so live according to the word. Seek ye first the kingdom of Heaven.

ok im done

xoxo
tiffluv81
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 6:15 PM

yep lol you are absolutely correct.

Quoting qqhotplay:

nope people will find other things to argue about and make asses of themselves. one example is the bill nye and the revolution ordeal

Quoting tiffluv81:

ok im done

trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this
After all the hoopla for Y2k I thought the nuts would be on fire right now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN