Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
So how come for 20 years we heard about Dec 2012 being the end of the world, movies, tv specials, all about 2012. Now that we are a couple months away from that fateful day, no one is talking about it at all. No mention. WTH?

by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Replies (21-30):
Grainia
by Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 6:52 PM
14 moms liked this

cammibear
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Funny, because I think I read they got the dates wrong and it already passed. lol

Quoting UpSheRises:

Because they announced they read the calendar wrong we we still have like another 2000 years to go.

Or at least i read that on the internet at sometime in the last year.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 7:36 PM
6 moms liked this

I swear I never paid it no mind.LOL,My Daughter called me after  seeing 2012 all upset,and I told her,revelations is what I go by. Only GOD knows the hour.

I find it amazing how movies,books,and calenders continues to depict humanity's demise,with all of us being sinners,you'd think they would try hard not draw attention to judgement day!

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 6:30 AM
7 moms liked this

I believe the Biblical accounting for the end of the world.  read the prophecies that have already been fulfilled---we are getting closer to the end-times. 

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 6:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Because everyone knows that the Cleveland Browns aren't going to win the Super Bowl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaylyn318
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 8:47 AM
8 moms liked this

Because of this.

Seriously I think most people don't believe it and they aren't thinking about it.

shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:34 AM
Beat me to it!

Quoting FrogSalad:

I feel fine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Because according to the Mayan calendar it already happened... LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Without trying to sound snarky, how much time do you think we have? What evidence do you have of this, or is it simply a faith thing. Again, not trying to be a jerk, but I can't let it go without asking....

Quoting toomanypoodles:

I believe the Biblical accounting for the end of the world.  read the prophecies that have already been fulfilled---we are getting closer to the end-times. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cutenessmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Y2K thing it is a gimmick! I survived many a end of the world scenerios.  They did already make enough money on all  new agey / survual hide in your bunker classess.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN