Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
So how come for 20 years we heard about Dec 2012 being the end of the world, movies, tv specials, all about 2012. Now that we are a couple months away from that fateful day, no one is talking about it at all. No mention. WTH?

by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Replies (41-50):
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

waaaaaaaaaaaaat?  The world is ending?  Noooooooooooooooooooo!

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 6:20 AM
6 moms liked this

Quoting shannonnigans:

I'm sorry I asked. However, to be fair, I actually read what you posted, though I don't believe in it. Nothing there beyond vague generalizations that could and have been said about other times by prior generations. I know you believe it but it does t change that it's faith and only faith.

Yes, it's definitely FAITH.  But when Christ hooks ya, it's easy to live and walk in faith.  I love the faith I carry in me---it makes life worth living and death not fearful at all.  My HOPE!  :)

Thank you for being respectful. 

shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Yes but isn't history and evidence and technology and the discovery process in general exciting as all get out? Seems to me that too often these are swept aside for faith. I'm not even sure why some people find them mutually exclusive.

PS No I am not looking forward to death and I find that makes life even that much more precious and worth living. Fear of death is instinctive and you have it like everyone else. It generally = survival.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting shannonnigans:

I'm sorry I asked. However, to be fair, I actually read what you posted, though I don't believe in it. Nothing there beyond vague generalizations that could and have been said about other times by prior generations. I know you believe it but it does t change that it's faith and only faith.

Yes, it's definitely FAITH.  But when Christ hooks ya, it's easy to live and walk in faith.  I love the faith I carry in me---it makes life worth living and death not fearful at all.  My HOPE!  :)

Thank you for being respectful. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livelaughlov26
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I highly doubt the world will end in december.

Armymom134
by Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Archaeologists found another calendar that was older and it went beyond the 2012 date.

flowerfunleah
by Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:32 AM

That's easy.

Denial.

It's just like our impending deaths (assuming the world doesn't end after all) we all deal with our mortality in a different way. Maybe NOT talking about the end of the world means it won't happen O_o.

celestegood
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

What?  That song was by Prince.  What does Will Smith have to do with it?

*shuffles off to get more coffee*

Quoting Euphoric:

Prince or Will Smith?

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

I'm still partying like it's 1999 since the world will end in 2000

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I think someone posted something about it in this group its like 4012

Quoting UpSheRises:

Because they announced they read the calendar wrong we we still have like another 2000 years to go.

Or at least i read that on the internet at sometime in the last year.

Stephanie nice to meet you.
circle_of_life
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I read it too. This is the part that really gets me.

The reason we can trust biblical prophecy is that it, like the rest of Scripture, was written—literally “God-breathed”—by the Creator of the universe. It is inerrant, perfect, and true. We must understand that before we can understand the role of biblical prophecy.

That sums it up alright, because in other words if you don't start off believing whole heartedly that the bible is the complete infallible word of god, then the rest won't make sense to you???

Quoting shannonnigans:

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:45 AM
2 moms liked this

Because after careful study and sobering up, they realized that the Mayans forgot to factor in Leap Years and according to their calendar, the world ended already.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN