Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unwanted Children...What is YOUR solution?

Posted by   + Show Post

So we dont' want easy access to birth control and Plan B because it 'encourages' unsafe sex and many want to outlaw abortion. We have proven time and time again that you cannot legislate morality and sexual conduct to those who don't subscribe to your personal set of values. I anticipate a major baby boom soon. 

What should happen to all of these extra unwanted children and how will we be addressing the social issues they bring:

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5556524_effects-unwanted-pregnancy.html

Health Problems

• Both Russo and David and the National Campaign state that often women who face an unwanted pregnancy do not get prenatal care, putting their baby at risk for a premature birth, low birth weight, or other neurological disorders.

Single Families

• Women must often raise the unwanted child by themselves, working a low-paying job, and the child may be forced to live below the poverty line. The mother may take her stress out on the child and start the cycle of child abuse.

Cognitive Issues

• Children born to unprepared mothers may suffer academically as well. Since they live in poor neighborhoods, and their mother is always working and not spending time interacting with them, children may learn the alphabet or their numbers significantly later.

Behavior

• According to Russo and David, unwanted children may suffer from low self-esteem during their childhood, and later act out their frustrations by turning to criminal behavior.

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Replies (181-190):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 2, 2012 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Reading through the thread, I am not surprised that some feel that every woman should be and do as they feel is appropriate.  We all do this at times, expect others to do as we feel is right, as we might do or just do what we feel is appropriate.

No matter how hard some one tries to force another to do what they feel they should, make laws governing it and damn them to hell otherwise, a woman who does not want to have a child will find a way to not have that child.  Sure, some, many even, feel she gets what she gets if she dares to not be the type of person we think she should be.

Throw her to the curb because you don't like the choice/decision she wants to make.  Forget that you do not know her, or her circumstances.  None of that matters.  What matters is what you want and what you feel is right for her.  You are, after all, only looking out for the best interests of every single child. 

There will never come a day when all women accept that the choices of another are their own and should be their own.  Regardless of how awful that choice may be.   Better be careful, however, some day some one may step in to your business and demand, one way or another, that you do and say as they expect and want.

rayroe2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I was typing fast, but if it was confused. I was saying I agree with protection and all that stuff. just not the fact they do abortion at clinics, that shouldn't be used as a form of conception.....like a women not caring if she ends up pregnantor not because she knows she can just kill it, why not use something else to prevent it you know what I mean?

Quoting OneToughMami:

Actually in your reply to me you started out with protection and never mentioned abortion. Actually you did not mention abortion only China.

Quoting rayroe2:

I just said abortion shouldn't be allowed at a clinic.

Quoting OneToughMami:

No I think women should have access to clinics that provide birth control as they also provide std screening, Pap smears, cancer screening, mammograms...you know over all women's health on a sliding pay scale. My sil can't afford insurance and since she's not married yet her fiancé can't pu her on his insurance only their daughter...she needs places that she can pay what she can afford right now.

Quoting rayroe2:

I am pro life but I don't think taking away protection is a good idea, thing is you should have to go to a doctor to get it done not at some clinic that doesnt have much guidlines and both parties should have to sign, and if a women was raped she needs to report who raped her because 6 out of 10 times it is someone you know.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting rayroe2:

Send them to china.............

MAD JOBS FOR KIDS IN CHINA!

I am a big fan of easy access to birth control though...but I sure hope the Pro-Life Republicans plan on adopting a few chil'ren

CafeMom Tickers
rayroe2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:18 PM

of course a rapists cant sign but a lot of times a women's rapists is someone she knows so she should provide the name or description so the man can get a fine or be arrested LOL something.

Quoting EireLass:

Alot of times it's hard to locate those damn rapists for a signature once you find out you're pregnant.

Quoting rayroe2:

I don't agree with the women having the final say, yes she is carrying the baby but if she agreed to unprotected sex and so did the guy. Then your chance for getting pregnant are high so maybe the father wants the child and to raise it but the women killed it because she didn't want it. So therefore both parties should have to sign that they agree to kill this unborn child. I don't want to write a long paragraph but this is my thought on because I am pro-life but other aren't so they would find ways. so why not just have a unit at the hospital where a doctor preforms it does it the legit way and follows threw on procures but the twist would be that the father and mother both have to sign an agreement stating that,  I will get on birth control ya da ya da FATHER NAME and MOTHER NAME agree that they can not and do not want to bare this child. therefore giving us the go ahead to abort the fetus. something like that. If both parties aren'tthere they the women needs to give the name or info about her the person who raped her. A lot of times the mother wants it or the father doesn't so he makes her kill it or the father wants it but the mother kills it so it was never a unwanted child. It is just wishful thinking . I just cant stand women that use abortion has protection like if you don't want kids find other ways to stop that.

Quoting Woodbabe:

Who should sign what? I don't understand...

Quoting rayroe2:

I am pro life but I don't think taking away protection is a good idea, thing is you should have to go to a doctor to get it done not at some clinic that doesnt have much guidlines and both parties should have to sign, and if a women was raped she needs to report who raped her because 6 out of 10 times it is someone you know.

CafeMom Tickers
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm thinking you're very young, and not wise to the ways of the world.

Quoting rayroe2:

of course a rapists cant sign but a lot of times a women's rapists is someone she knows so she should provide the name or description so the man can get a fine or be arrested LOL something.

Quoting EireLass:

Alot of times it's hard to locate those damn rapists for a signature once you find out you're pregnant.

Quoting rayroe2:

I don't agree with the women having the final say, yes she is carrying the baby but if she agreed to unprotected sex and so did the guy. Then your chance for getting pregnant are high so maybe the father wants the child and to raise it but the women killed it because she didn't want it. So therefore both parties should have to sign that they agree to kill this unborn child. I don't want to write a long paragraph but this is my thought on because I am pro-life but other aren't so they would find ways. so why not just have a unit at the hospital where a doctor preforms it does it the legit way and follows threw on procures but the twist would be that the father and mother both have to sign an agreement stating that,  I will get on birth control ya da ya da FATHER NAME and MOTHER NAME agree that they can not and do not want to bare this child. therefore giving us the go ahead to abort the fetus. something like that. If both parties aren'tthere they the women needs to give the name or info about her the person who raped her. A lot of times the mother wants it or the father doesn't so he makes her kill it or the father wants it but the mother kills it so it was never a unwanted child. It is just wishful thinking . I just cant stand women that use abortion has protection like if you don't want kids find other ways to stop that.

Quoting Woodbabe:

Who should sign what? I don't understand...

Quoting rayroe2:

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

No they won't. They can do it now but they don't. Adopting a child through foster care is practically free in some states, but we still have a ton of children sitting in foster care just waiting.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

I don't believe a child is ever truly unwanted.  Just cuz the birth mother doesn't want the child doesn't mean there isn't a barren woman out there that would desperately love to adopt that child.  People seeking adoption WILL take a "broken" child--just to hold a child. 

Adoption needs to be the norm, not abortion, or letting a kid go unloved and not taken care of cuz it's not what the parent wanted. 

That's not true---it's far from free--we spent several thousand dollars.  And the majority of the kids in the system are NOT available for adoption because their birth parents still have rights to them while they are getting their acts together. MOST kids are there cuz dad's in jail, or mom's on meth or there is abuse or neglect.  Very few children are actually available for immediate adoption. 

The courts need to do a better job of getting those kids out of the hands of parents who are never going to do right by them and get the legally cleared for adoption. 

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:23 PM

You didn't answer me before, so I'll ask you again.

What is wrong with having an abortion at a clinic?

Quoting rayroe2:

I was typing fast, but if it was confused. I was saying I agree with protection and all that stuff. just not the fact they do abortion at clinics, that shouldn't be used as a form of conception.....like a women not caring if she ends up pregnantor not because she knows she can just kill it, why not use something else to prevent it you know what I mean?

Quoting OneToughMami:

Actually in your reply to me you started out with protection and never mentioned abortion. Actually you did not mention abortion only China.
Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting OneToughMami:

No I think women should have access to clinics that provide birth control as they also provide std screening, Pap smears, cancer screening, mammograms...you know over all women's health on a sliding pay scale. My sil can't afford insurance and since she's not married yet her fiancé can't pu her on his insurance only their daughter...she needs places that she can pay what she can afford right now.
Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting rayroe2:

M I am a big fan of easy access to birth control though...but I sure hope the Pro-Life Republicans plan on adopting a few chil'ren

rayroe2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I already stated why if you read through the feeds because I don't think it should be used has a first choice as protection it should be done by a doctor. I am pro-life but I don't agree in making a 10 year old carry a baby because she was raped by a cousin or uncle so it should be done by doctors. I am not some crazy activist with it but I do feel as tho it needs to be changed and not so easily used.

Quoting EireLass:

Why?

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting OneToughMami:Quoting rayroe2:

MI am a big fan of easy access to birth control though...but I sure hope the Pro-Life Republicans plan on adopting a few chil'ren

CafeMom Tickers
rayroe2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I can only type so fast I just answered it numerous of times and enlighten me about the ways of life and this world? because change comes from us.

Quoting EireLass:

You didn't answer me before, so I'll ask you again.

What is wrong with having an abortion at a clinic?

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting rayroe2:

MI am a big fan of easy access to birth control though...but I sure hope the Pro-Life Republicans plan on adopting a few chil'ren

CafeMom Tickers
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Doctors do work at clinics. I don't think the majority of abortions are done as a choice of protection, but rather a result of actions, and a not wanted situation.

Quoting rayroe2:

I already stated why if you read through the feeds because I don't think it should be used has a first choice as protection it should be done by a doctor. I am pro-life but I don't agree in making a 10 year old carry a baby because she was raped by a cousin or uncle so it should be done by doctors. I am not some crazy activist with it but I do feel as tho it needs to be changed and not so easily used.

Quoting EireLass:

Why?

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting OneToughMami:Quoting rayroe2:

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:32 PM

There are numerous reasons a rape does not get reported, or a rapist is not identified. Alot of times, family dynamics prevent the victim from doing this. Alot of time professional status prevents a woman from doing this. There is so much negative stigma attached to a reporting victim. The trauma of the act alone is horrendous and larger than what a woman believes she can handle, to report will only add more. We do not have a 'victim friendly' society.

Quoting rayroe2:

I can only type so fast I just answered it numerous of times and enlighten me about the ways of life and this world? because change comes from us.

Quoting EireLass:

You didn't answer me before, so I'll ask you again. What is wrong with having an abortion at a clinic?

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting OneToughMami:
Quoting rayroe2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured