Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unwanted Children...What is YOUR solution?

Posted by   + Show Post

So we dont' want easy access to birth control and Plan B because it 'encourages' unsafe sex and many want to outlaw abortion. We have proven time and time again that you cannot legislate morality and sexual conduct to those who don't subscribe to your personal set of values. I anticipate a major baby boom soon. 

What should happen to all of these extra unwanted children and how will we be addressing the social issues they bring:

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5556524_effects-unwanted-pregnancy.html

Health Problems

• Both Russo and David and the National Campaign state that often women who face an unwanted pregnancy do not get prenatal care, putting their baby at risk for a premature birth, low birth weight, or other neurological disorders.

Single Families

• Women must often raise the unwanted child by themselves, working a low-paying job, and the child may be forced to live below the poverty line. The mother may take her stress out on the child and start the cycle of child abuse.

Cognitive Issues

• Children born to unprepared mothers may suffer academically as well. Since they live in poor neighborhoods, and their mother is always working and not spending time interacting with them, children may learn the alphabet or their numbers significantly later.

Behavior

• According to Russo and David, unwanted children may suffer from low self-esteem during their childhood, and later act out their frustrations by turning to criminal behavior.

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Replies (191-200):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Quoting rayroe2:

I already stated why if you read through the feeds because I don't think it should be used has a first choice as protection it should be done by a doctor. I am pro-life but I don't agree in making a 10 year old carry a baby because she was raped by a cousin or uncle so it should be done by doctors. I am not some crazy activist with it but I do feel as tho it needs to be changed and not so easily used.

Quoting EireLass:

Why?

Quoting rayroe2:

I just said abortion shouldn't be allowed at a clinic.

Quoting OneToughMami:

No I think women should have access to clinics that provide birth control as they also provide std screening, Pap smears, cancer screening, mammograms...you know over all women's health on a sliding pay scale. My sil can't afford insurance and since she's not married yet her fiancé can't pu her on his insurance only their daughter...she needs places that she can pay what she can afford right now.

Quoting rayroe2:

I am pro life but I don't think taking away protection is a good idea, thing is you should have to go to a doctor to get it done not at some clinic that doesnt have much guidlines and both parties should have to sign, and if a women was raped she needs to report who raped her because 6 out of 10 times it is someone you know.

Quoting OneToughMami:Quoting rayroe2:

Send them to china.............

MI am a big fan of easy access to birth control though...but I sure hope the Pro-Life Republicans plan on adopting a few chil'ren

You are not making a lot of sense.

An abortion is not a form of 'protection'.  

Doctors work at clinics.   

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

rayroe2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:14 PM

it starts with change, I don't care what anyone says or thinks, I think that it needs to be changed most aren't going to get what I am saying because it is a crazy and a little out there but  It is hard to explain it over the Internet.

Quoting EireLass:

There are numerous reasons a rape does not get reported, or a rapist is not identified. Alot of times, family dynamics prevent the victim from doing this. Alot of time professional status prevents a woman from doing this. There is so much negative stigma attached to a reporting victim. The trauma of the act alone is horrendous and larger than what a woman believes she can handle, to report will only add more. We do not have a 'victim friendly' society.

Quoting rayroe2:

I can only type so fast I just answered it numerous of times and enlighten me about the ways of life and this world? because change comes from us.

Quoting EireLass:

You didn't answer me before, so I'll ask you again. What is wrong with having an abortion at a clinic?

Quoting rayroe2:

I was typing fast, but if it was confused. I was saying I agree with protection and all that stuff. just not the fact they do abortion at clinics, that shouldn't be used as a form of conception.....like a women not caring if she ends up pregnantor not because she knows she can just kill it, why not use something else to prevent it you know what I mean?

Quoting OneToughMami:

Actually in your reply to me you started out with protection and never mentioned abortion. Actually you did not mention abortion only China.
Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting OneToughMami:

No I think women should have access to clinics that provide birth control as they also provide std screening, Pap smears, cancer screening, mammograms...you know over all women's health on a sliding pay scale. My sil can't afford insurance and since she's not married yet her fiancé can't pu her on his insurance only their daughter...she needs places that she can pay what she can afford right now.
Quoting rayroe2:

I am pro life but I don't think taking away protection is a good idea, thing is you should have to go to a doctor to get it done not at some clinic that doesnt have much guidlines and both parties should have to sign, and if a women was raped she needs to report who raped her because 6 out of 10 times it is someone you know.

Quoting OneToughMami:
Quoting rayroe2:

MI am a big fan of easy access to birth control though...but I sure hope the Pro-Life Republicans plan on adopting a few chil'ren

CafeMom Tickers
OneToughMami
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:38 PM
I understand now that you clarified. I was just a Smidge confused lol

Quoting rayroe2:

I was typing fast, but if it was confused. I was saying I agree with protection and all that stuff. just not the fact they do abortion at clinics, that shouldn't be used as a form of conception.....like a women not caring if she ends up pregnantor not because she knows she can just kill it, why not use something else to prevent it you know what I mean?

Quoting OneToughMami:

Actually in your reply to me you started out with protection and never mentioned abortion. Actually you did not mention abortion only China.

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting rayroe2:

MAD JOBS FOR KIDS IN CHINA!

I am a big fan of easy access to birth control though...but I sure hope the Pro-Life Republicans plan on adopting a few chil'ren

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:46 PM

whatever. I don't know all the info about it because I don't agree with it, and it is used as a forum of protection because I saw a worker at the store one day with her work shirt on and it said something I wish I could remember but I just remember it saying abortion is protection.....pretty much "oh damn I am ovulating screw using a condom ill just get an abortionif it takes." Women think this way since it is so easy to get to and you know it. sexually mistakes don't happen dumb decisions do. If you do the deed keep the seed.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting rayroe2:

I already stated why if you read through the feeds because I don't think it should be used has a first choice as protection it should be done by a doctor. I am pro-life but I don't agree in making a 10 year old carry a baby because she was raped by a cousin or uncle so it should be done by doctors. I am not some crazy activist with it but I do feel as tho it needs to be changed and not so easily used.

Quoting EireLass:

Why?

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting rayroe2:

Doctors work at clinics.   

CafeMom Tickers
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Quoting rayroe2:

whatever. I don't know all the info about it because I don't agree with it, and it is used as a forum of protection because I saw a worker at the store one day with her work shirt on and it said something I wish I could remember but I just remember it saying abortion is protection.....pretty much "oh damn I am ovulating screw using a condom ill just get an abortionif it takes." Women think this way since it is so easy to get to and you know it. sexually mistakes don't happen dumb decisions do. If you do the deed keep the seed.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting EireLass:

Why?

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting rayroe2:

Doctors work at clinics.   

You don't know much about it because you don't agree with it yet you want to discuss it?  And  you base your assertion on a t-shirt some random woman had on, yet you can't recall what it said?

Oh my.

I agree with what an earlier poster said.............you do seem rather  young, not to mention naive and uneducated in this area as well as in life in general.  You have time, however.

Oh, and doctors work in clinics.  Really, what do you think?  That random woman wearing a t-shirt is going to perform an abortion?

Carry on................

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

rayroe2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I was just throwing an idea out there simple as that. I am not trying to change anyone's views, so I don't feel the need to argue or debate/discuss technicals, that is so annoying either you get what I am saying or you don't.

Some women DO use it as a forum of protection and they consider it birth control, I don't agree with that. If abortion is going to be done it should be done by a doctor AT a hospital. I think after 1 abortion you shouldn't be allowed to get no more because that is USING it as a form of birth control, get something more PERMITTNMENT.

I don't remember what the shirt said because it was a whole year ago that I saw it and I have pregnancy brain on top of that. The lady was a worker because she had her name tag on and the shirt said planned parenthood.

Who cares if I am younger or older. I was always have the motto about life: that change comes from us and can start with just one person.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting EireLass:

Why?

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting rayroe2:

Doctors work at clinics.   

You don't know much about it because you don't agree with it yet you want to discuss it?  And  you base your assertion on a t-shirt some random woman had on, yet you can't recall what it said?

Oh my.

I agree with what an earlier poster said.............you do seem rather  young, not to mention naive and uneducated in this area as well as in life in general.  You have time, however.

Oh, and doctors work in clinics.  Really, what do you think?  That random woman wearing a t-shirt is going to perform an abortion?

Carry on................

CafeMom Tickers
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Quoting MyJaidonreturns:

Dont have kids you cant afford. Dont have sex. Wear metal chastity panties and ignore the opposite sex all together.

^^i dont agree with any of that, I just wanted to beat the morally superior and self righteous moms :-)

lol

bookmommy
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:20 PM

I think we should make the adoption process simpler in this country. Most people i have heard of who adopt do so in other countries because it's too difficult and expensive here.

grammajuie
by New Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:26 PM

omg.  There is someone out there with my twisted sense of humor.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Quoting rayroe2:

I was just throwing an idea out there simple as that. I am not trying to change anyone's views, so I don't feel the need to argue or debate/discuss technicals, that is so annoying either you get what I am saying or you don't.

Some women DO use it as a forum of protection and they consider it birth control, I don't agree with that. If abortion is going to be done it should be done by a doctor AT a hospital. I think after 1 abortion you shouldn't be allowed to get no more because that is USING it as a form of birth control, get something more PERMITTNMENT.

I don't remember what the shirt said because it was a whole year ago that I saw it and I have pregnancy brain on top of that. The lady was a worker because she had her name tag on and the shirt said planned parenthood.

Who cares if I am younger or older. I was always have the motto about life: that change comes from us and can start with just one person.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Abortion is used by some woman as a way to control, as in birth control. I can agree with you there.  However, to say it is  used as protection is wrong.  What are they protecting themselves from?  Certainly not from getting pregnant.  Too late for that.  The protection comes prior to the abortion.  And, at times, that protection fails.

I do not agree with  abortion as a form of birth control.  I do not know any one who would agree with that.  There could be a host of issues with putting restrictions on how many a woman has, in what time frame.  If a woman has enough, and depending on her body, she could certainly cause harm to herself.  But how do we legislate how many a woman can have and in what time frame?  I'm thinking that would be crossing even more lines.  Something to think about, however.  But again, we cannot legislate the moral code of others.  That would be between herself and her medical professional.

You do not know what you are talking about when spouting on and on about how an abortion should be done in a hospital versus a clinic.  You have nothing to back up your thoughts.  

If you are going to throw out thoughts, shouldn't you be able to understand them yourself and be able to discuss them?  I'm not asking you to change my mind or my view and I am not trying to change yours.  I am, however, pointing out that your thoughts are not making much sense.  Now, you have clarified a few things but still........

Unless you can remember exactly what this shirt said and prove that this shirt was part of a Planned Parenthood organization, most will think you are full of shit.  Now, I get that you may not care.  That's all fine and dandy.  But if you are going to put it out there you should be able to back it up.  

You are right, change can come from us and begin with one person.  Like yourself.  You can start that change by being able to back up what you say and try to understand when you are mistaken and learn from it.

I am not being snarky to you, so don't think that.  

If I may ask, and if you will answer..............why should a doctor perform the procedure only in a hospital versus a clinic that meets the requirements and has the proper equipment and medical staff?

Are you thinking abortions are performed in the back rooms of Planned Parenthood by women you claim wear t-shirts like the one you can't remember?

That isn't the case.  Not now nor 30 years ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured