Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Unwanted Children...What is YOUR solution?

Posted by   + Show Post

So we dont' want easy access to birth control and Plan B because it 'encourages' unsafe sex and many want to outlaw abortion. We have proven time and time again that you cannot legislate morality and sexual conduct to those who don't subscribe to your personal set of values. I anticipate a major baby boom soon. 

What should happen to all of these extra unwanted children and how will we be addressing the social issues they bring:

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5556524_effects-unwanted-pregnancy.html

Health Problems

• Both Russo and David and the National Campaign state that often women who face an unwanted pregnancy do not get prenatal care, putting their baby at risk for a premature birth, low birth weight, or other neurological disorders.

Single Families

• Women must often raise the unwanted child by themselves, working a low-paying job, and the child may be forced to live below the poverty line. The mother may take her stress out on the child and start the cycle of child abuse.

Cognitive Issues

• Children born to unprepared mothers may suffer academically as well. Since they live in poor neighborhoods, and their mother is always working and not spending time interacting with them, children may learn the alphabet or their numbers significantly later.

Behavior

• According to Russo and David, unwanted children may suffer from low self-esteem during their childhood, and later act out their frustrations by turning to criminal behavior.

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Replies (221-230):
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM

That, I somewhat agree with. I want to adopt and you are right, depending on the foreign country, it is easier to adopt. 

Quoting Redwall:

My husband and I tried for years to adopt.  We were willing to take a handicapped child, a child of a race that was different that ours...all we got was excuses...my husband was Catholic, I was Lutheran...we'd not been married long enough, my husband didn't make enough money, I had a bird that could possibly bite a child.  It would have been WAY easier to adopt a foreign child.  I stand by my first though...If you can'd afford a child, don't have one.,

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting Redwall:

If you don't want kids and can't afford them, use birth control or don't have sex...it seems so simple to me.  If you get pregnant and don't want the baby, in the US there's a shortage of babies for adoption.

so..only the babies should be adopted..

there is no shortage of children who need homes... there are people waiting in line to adopt.. but, either the children are too old, not the right color, sick, or handicapped, they are not wanted. Let's get them homes first, shall we?

mommyintraining
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Not a subject to be taken so lightly and considering rape consists of only 7% of the nations abortions......really? why does everyone want to run to the rape card rather than just take responsibility for your actions? Is it really that difficult?

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting MyJaidonreturns:

Dont have kids you cant afford. Dont have sex. Wear metal chastity panties and ignore the opposite sex all together.

^^i dont agree with any of that, I just wanted to beat the morally superior and self righteous moms :-)

Keep yer legs together and if you're raped, it must be God's plan?

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Because its a 'back atcha' to ladies like you who ignore the facts that one in four American women between the ages of 15-30 are victims of 'pregnancy coersion' and simply find it easier to assume that every woman has a life where they're of sound mind and body and able to 'just say no' and have those words respected.

Quoting mommyintraining:

Not a subject to be taken so lightly and considering rape consists of only 7% of the nations abortions......really? why does everyone want to run to the rape card rather than just take responsibility for your actions? Is it really that difficult?

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting MyJaidonreturns:

Dont have kids you cant afford. Dont have sex. Wear metal chastity panties and ignore the opposite sex all together.

^^i dont agree with any of that, I just wanted to beat the morally superior and self righteous moms :-)

PamR
by Pam on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Since when did anyone need "encouragement" to have sex?

The way to decrease the number of unwanted children is to educate young people, provide affordable and easily accessible birth control and encourage responsibility.  Provide support programs, job training and affordable (or free) daycare for young moms who need to finish their education in order to provide for their children. 

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:35 PM

There is only one choice because this would be a move backwards.

Orphanages will return....large institutions.  Church run probably becasue the government wouldnt want to pay for it.

mommyintraining
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:19 PM

where in the world do you attain your false info???

Quoting Woodbabe:

Because its a 'back atcha' to ladies like you who ignore the facts that one in four American women between the ages of 15-30 are victims of 'pregnancy coersion' and simply find it easier to assume that every woman has a life where they're of sound mind and body and able to 'just say no' and have those words respected.

Quoting mommyintraining:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting MyJaidonreturns:

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Quoting EireLass:

I'm thinking you're very young, and not wise to the ways of the world.

Quoting rayroe2:

of course a rapists cant sign but a lot of times a women's rapists is someone she knows so she should provide the name or description so the man can get a fine or be arrested LOL something.

Quoting EireLass:

Alot of times it's hard to locate those damn rapists for a signature once you find out you're pregnant.

Quoting rayroe2:

I don't agree with the women having the final say, yes she is carrying the baby but if she agreed to unprotected sex and so did the guy. Then your chance for getting pregnant are high so maybe the father wants the child and to raise it but the women killed it because she didn't want it. So therefore both parties should have to sign that they agree to kill this unborn child. I don't want to write a long paragraph but this is my thought on because I am pro-life but other aren't so they would find ways. so why not just have a unit at the hospital where a doctor preforms it does it the legit way and follows threw on procures but the twist would be that the father and mother both have to sign an agreement stating that,  I will get on birth control ya da ya da FATHER NAME and MOTHER NAME agree that they can not and do not want to bare this child. therefore giving us the go ahead to abort the fetus. something like that. If both parties aren'tthere they the women needs to give the name or info about her the person who raped her. A lot of times the mother wants it or the father doesn't so he makes her kill it or the father wants it but the mother kills it so it was never a unwanted child. It is just wishful thinking . I just cant stand women that use abortion has protection like if you don't want kids find other ways to stop that.

Quoting Woodbabe:

Who should sign what? I don't understand...

Quoting rayroe2:

I am pro life but I don't think taking away protection is a good idea, thing is you should have to go to a doctor to get it done not at some clinic that doesnt have much guidlines and both parties should have to sign, and if a women was raped she needs to report who raped her because 6 out of 10 times it is someone you know.

lol

And that is putting it mildly.  I cannot even write what I think.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MyJaidonreturns:

Taking birth control is taking responsibility. When did I ever say access was limited?

You were the one stating that condoms and spermicide is a better substitute.

Quoting msjoecool:

Then you take responsibility for your health and pregnancy prevention.  Go buy something else.  Get a prescription for whatever is going to help with easing your cycle.  Your access is not being limited.

Quoting MyJaidonreturns:

What if I am allergic to latex and/or polyurethane?

What if I have some type of extreme menstrual condition that prevents me from going through day to day life, and the bc pill is known to treat it? Do I just stick a condom in my vag and pray the pain and suffering away?

Quoting msjoecool:

How is easy access to birth control going away?  ANYONE can walk into the store to buy condoms and spermicide.

lol

:)

I heart you.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I know, I know. You prefer to pretend it's false information so you don't have to deal with the truth.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2896047/

Background

Reproductive control including pregnancy coercion (coercion by male partners to become pregnant) and birth control sabotage (partner interference with contraception) may be associated with partner violence and risk for unintended pregnancy among young adult females.

1. Introduction

Nearly one in four women in the United States report experiencing violence by a current or former spouse or boyfriend at some point in her life [1], with adolescents and young adults at highest risk for intimate partner violence [25]. Studies have highlighted the association between partner violence and unintended pregnancy [614]. Recent evidence suggests these associations co-occur with reproductive control, i.e., male partners’ attempts to control a woman’s reproductive choices. Abused women face compromised decision-making regarding, or limited ability to enact, contraceptive use and family planning, including fear of condom negotiation [91520]. Women’s lack of control over her reproductive health is increasingly recognized as a critical mechanism underlying abused women’s elevated risk for unintended pregnancy [2122].

One specific element of abusive men’s control that may, in part, explain the association of partner violence with unintended pregnancy is overt pregnancy coercion and direct interference with contraception. Some males use verbal demands, threats, and physical violence to pressure their female partners to become pregnant [122324]. Reproductive control may also take the form of direct acts that ensure a woman cannot use contraception -- birth control sabotage – including flushing birth control pills down the toilet, intentional breaking of condoms, and removing contraceptive rings or patches [2324]

Quoting mommyintraining:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting mommyintraining:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting MyJaidonreturns:

mommyintraining
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Woodbabe.....or is it Woodchuck? You self pompous a$$! Where do you get your great ability to communicate w/others? Obviously your inferiority complex leaves you feeling the need to use such ignorant sarcasicm at the expense of your own intellect! The degree to how quickly you judge others reminds me of my early elementary students! Clearly you need to get out of the woods more often!

http://www.abortionno.org/Resources/fastfacts.html

Quoting Woodbabe:

I know, I know. You prefer to pretend it's false information so you don't have to deal with the truth.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2896047/

Background

Reproductive control including pregnancy coercion (coercion by male partners to become pregnant) and birth control sabotage (partner interference with contraception) may be associated with partner violence and risk for unintended pregnancy among young adult females.

1. Introduction

Nearly one in four women in the United States report experiencing violence by a current or former spouse or boyfriend at some point in her life [1], with adolescents and young adults at highest risk for intimate partner violence [25]. Studies have highlighted the association between partner violence and unintended pregnancy [614]. Recent evidence suggests these associations co-occur with reproductive control, i.e., male partners’ attempts to control a woman’s reproductive choices. Abused women face compromised decision-making regarding, or limited ability to enact, contraceptive use and family planning, including fear of condom negotiation [91520]. Women’s lack of control over her reproductive health is increasingly recognized as a critical mechanism underlying abused women’s elevated risk for unintended pregnancy [2122].

One specific element of abusive men’s control that may, in part, explain the association of partner violence with unintended pregnancy is overt pregnancy coercion and direct interference with contraception. Some males use verbal demands, threats, and physical violence to pressure their female partners to become pregnant [122324]. Reproductive control may also take the form of direct acts that ensure a woman cannot use contraception -- birth control sabotage – including flushing birth control pills down the toilet, intentional breaking of condoms, and removing contraceptive rings or patches [2324]

Quoting mommyintraining:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting mommyintraining:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting MyJaidonreturns:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN