Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

2012 Presidential Debate October 3: Watch It and Discuss the Issues with Us!

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:42 AM
  • 78 Replies

The First Presidential Debate is Wednesday, October 3rd at 9 p.m. ET in Denver, Colorado where the candidates will focus on Domestic Policy.

patriotic        

You can watch this debate on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, all cable news channels including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC and via live stream at 2012PresidentialElectionNews.com.

Watch it and join us in the Election 2012 Talk & Debate group starting at 9 pm Eastern October 3rd to debate the debate with the Election 2012 Talk & Debate group! Are you ready?

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE DISCUSSION>>>

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:24 PM

This is going to be the first presidential debate I'm going to watch. I'm so excited! lol

mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I'm so excited!  I hope dh will watch it with me!!

nb34
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Popping some popcorn for this one!!

Due9
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I CANNOT wait! This is better than going to the movies!

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:48 PM
3 moms liked this
I'd be more excited if they allowed Johnson to join. He qualified and did his part but they are keeping him out of the debate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JonJon
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Everyone in this discussion should watch on the same channel because cable and off-air channels are not always in-sync.  Even watching the same show on the same cable company has delays.  When my mom and I discuss Dancing with the Stars or Jeopardy I can hear the show coming back from commercial on her tv significantly sooner than on my own tv and she's only 60 miles away from me. 

It's inevitable that unless everyone watches on the same channel there will be some lag time and some participants will be disadvantaged during the discussion.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Will be watching.

radioheid
by Libertarian on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Will be watching. We're gathering at my sister's house & ordering pizza. Politics, current events & US history are HUGE in my family. We look forward to this.

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I will be watching.

Hey Jon Jon............which of the major networks did you have in mind

GrandmaAllGirls
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Quoting JonJon:

Everyone in this discussion should watch on the same channel because cable and off-air channels are not always in-sync.  Even watching the same show on the same cable company has delays.  When my mom and I discuss Dancing with the Stars or Jeopardy I can hear the show coming back from commercial on her tv significantly sooner than on my own tv and she's only 60 miles away from me. 

It's inevitable that unless everyone watches on the same channel there will be some lag time and some participants will be disadvantaged during the discussion.

I believe there is a delay if you are watching something in HD versus regular signal.  I have HD in my bedroom and regular cable in the living room and there is a delay when both TV's are on and set on the same station. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN