Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2012 Presidential Debate October 3: Watch It and Discuss the Issues with Us!

Posted by   + Show Post

The First Presidential Debate is Wednesday, October 3rd at 9 p.m. ET in Denver, Colorado where the candidates will focus on Domestic Policy.

patriotic        

You can watch this debate on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, all cable news channels including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC and via live stream at 2012PresidentialElectionNews.com.

Watch it and join us in the Election 2012 Talk & Debate group starting at 9 pm Eastern October 3rd to debate the debate with the Election 2012 Talk & Debate group! Are you ready?

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE DISCUSSION>>>

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Replies (61-70):
Tanya93-
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:23 AM

I wouldn't know.  I  don't watch it.  However, the Fox News statement seems to be a viable argument for so many when they can't argue with facts.

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

Well, if you think that's true then I guess you believe all the other lies spewed on Fuxit up news....

Quoting Tanya93-:

Sometimes the truth hurts.

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

I hate the ignorant statements about President Obama not knowing, following, and/or respecting the Constitution

Quoting Tanya93-:

Romney also has a JD.

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

You are so high, President Obama is a constitutional lawyer..fyi...Romney stated out right lies and all of a sudden cared about the 47%..

Quoting GertieK:

I don't know what ya'll were watching, but Romney whooped obama's butt.  It was a rout.  You can try to spin it any way yo want to, but if that had been a game, the umpire wold have called it.  obama was flat, weak, no passion, and totally unprepared.  The msm has run interference for him for so long he has gotten soft.  He hasn't had to defend anything in so long becase the media has covered everything up, pitched him softballs, and led him to believe he is bullet-proof.  No tele-prompter, and he folds like a house of cards.  Loved it when obama had totally run out of excuses, clearly had no way to defend the economics he doesn't understand, and asked to change the subject.  He was called out, and he was exposed.  Romney looked obama straight in the eye and obama kept talking to the moderator, looking annoyed, and seemed to be waiting for someone to rescue him.  He has accused Romney of so much crap, and Romney called him out on his lies and BS.  But the best part was when obama was asked about the purpose of government, and his only answer was "to keep us safe", and Romney pointed to the CONSTITUTION, a docment obama doesn't believe in and reminded him that THAT - the CONSTITUTION - was what government was meant to defend, to apply. 

mommymandy06
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Quoting Tanya93-:

Whoo hoo!
motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:58 AM
If you think he is anti constitution you have no idea what a fact is, so carry on
Quoting Tanya93-:

I wouldn't know.  I  don't watch it.  However, the Fox News statement seems to be a viable argument for so many when they can't argue with facts.

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

Well, if you think that's true then I guess you believe all the other lies spewed on Fuxit up news....

Quoting Tanya93-:

Sometimes the truth hurts.

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

I hate the ignorant statements about President Obama not knowing, following, and/or respecting the Constitution

Quoting Tanya93-:

Romney also has a JD.

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

You are so high, President Obama is a constitutional lawyer..fyi...Romney stated out right lies and all of a sudden cared about the 47%..

Quoting GertieK:

I don't know what ya'll were watching, but Romney whooped obama's butt.  It was a rout.  You can try to spin it any way yo want to, but if that had been a game, the umpire wold have called it.  obama was flat, weak, no passion, and totally unprepared.  The msm has run interference for him for so long he has gotten soft.  He hasn't had to defend anything in so long becase the media has covered everything up, pitched him softballs, and led him to believe he is bullet-proof.  No tele-prompter, and he folds like a house of cards.  Loved it when obama had totally run out of excuses, clearly had no way to defend the economics he doesn't understand, and asked to change the subject.  He was called out, and he was exposed.  Romney looked obama straight in the eye and obama kept talking to the moderator, looking annoyed, and seemed to be waiting for someone to rescue him.  He has accused Romney of so much crap, and Romney called him out on his lies and BS.  But the best part was when obama was asked about the purpose of government, and his only answer was "to keep us safe", and Romney pointed to the CONSTITUTION, a docment obama doesn't believe in and reminded him that THAT - the CONSTITUTION - was what government was meant to defend, to apply. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

Quoting GertieK:

Once again, you don't know what you are talking about.  Obama is not and never was a Constitutional lawyer.  He taught a course in Constitutional law at U of Chicago Law School, while he was a lawyer for a firm there.  Even Hilary Clinton debunked his claim when she was running against him.

grandma B

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

Quoting Tanya93-:

Romney also has a JD.

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

Quoting GertieK:

And you can show less ignorance by checking out a You Tube video clip with Obama discussing the "flawed Constitution" with someone on Chicago Public Radio in 2001 at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11OhmY1obS4-117.  Or you can read about the major things he thinks are wrong with the Constitution  at http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgregory/2012/09/23.

grandma B

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Obama came out thinking he could win this one because he's so brilliant. He just kept throwing out dem talking points and lies, that Romney debunked. He couldn't give a cohesive argument on anything. Without his teleprompter with a pre-written speech by someone else, he is lost. Obama came off looking bored, surly, irritated and unprepared to debate anything.

Romney came out swinging, looked him in the eye the whole 90 minutes. Where as, Obama, looked at the mod to rescue him or the podium, which was totally disrespectful...guess maybe he was trying not to show his anger at looking so weak. He was sinking so hard and fast, that he even asked the moderator to change the topic once...I believe it was in the taxes part. Never in the history of presidential debates, have the oponents asked a moderator to change the topic. Sheer desperation on Obama's part.

Even the world of Tweeter is running amok with his biggest supporters knocking him for his weak performance. Bill Maher tweeted something that started out with "I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe Obama really does need his teleprompter".

You ladies can try to spin this any way you want, but your guy got his butt kicked but good. He wasn't prepared. He believes his own press too much. He lives in a very insular world, where everyone around him tells him how brilliants he is, and how well he's doing. He didn't know how to respond tonight, when confronted with the truth. Obama can't defend his failed record.

Romney came across confident, intelligent, articulate, with a plan, and as a strong leader, and a president who will work with both dems and republicans.

grandma B

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:51 AM

No he did not.

Quoting viv212:

Did he also say that under his health plan that the deductibles will gradually lessen so that later the wealthy won't have to pay into the system? I caught the debate at this point so I could be wrong.

Quoting terpmama:

My favorite was romneys claim that Obamacare had an unelected board that would essentially "decide what treatments you could have"... Isn't that what he's trying to do with women's healthcare?!?

viv212
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Thanks!!! I wasn't sure. I really need to watch it again.

Quoting Carpy:

No he did not.

Quoting viv212:

Did he also say that under his health plan that the deductibles will gradually lessen so that later the wealthy won't have to pay into the system? I caught the debate at this point so I could be wrong.

Quoting terpmama:

My favorite was romneys claim that Obamacare had an unelected board that would essentially "decide what treatments you could have"... Isn't that what he's trying to do with women's healthcare?!?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:44 AM

yes, youtube, the beacon of truth. There are flaws in the constitution, and...

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

Quoting Tanya93-:

Romney also has a JD.

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

Quoting GertieK:

And you can show less ignorance by checking out a You Tube video clip with Obama discussing the "flawed Constitution" with someone on Chicago Public Radio in 2001 at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11OhmY1obS4-117.  Or you can read about the major things he thinks are wrong with the Constitution  at http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgregory/2012/09/23.

GrandmaAllGirls
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Quoting asfriend:

This thread is absolutely hilarious, I luv Obama more, no I luv him more.

He looks like he always looks off prompter - stuttering deer in the headlights,
plus every sentence is a lie.

Oh there's that look when he gets angry, soo funny.

Excuse me?  Is that every sentence from Obama was a lie?  Can you name one?  How about I give you 10 Romney lies for one Obama lie.  If you smile while you tell a lie, that doesn't make it true or any more believable.  FYI...Obama never got angry, don't know what you were watching.  Romney was just rude, a bulldozer.  You could tell he was following his debate coaches advice, "don't let them get a word in edgewise, less chance they have to bring up the bad stuff." 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured