Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Tell us how you get your kids to eat veggies and Green Giant will donate up to $2000!!

Cafe Steph
Yesterday at 9:01 PM
Lets Watch The Walking Dead Episode 2 Together! - CafeMom

The second episode of The Walking Dead airs Sunday, October 19th! Meet us here at 9pm EST as we watch and discuss the show

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:21 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Getting your little ones to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be.

Click here>>> How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables? to take the One Giant Pledge to serve more veggies to your family and tell us how you get your kids to eat more vegetables.

Green Giant will donate $1 - up to $2000 - to Feeding America for every mom that shares a comment.

eating

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom23heathens
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I put them in a food processor and then use it for spaghetti or soups and sauces for the meat.

SLTmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I eat my veggies. They see me eat, and they follow suit. When they were young, they loved to eat anything so long as it came off my plate, so, I always made sure there were plenty of veggies on it.

I also just consistently offered them veggies. Eventually, they ate them. Now, my kids eat all kinds of veggies, mostly raw. I never have a problem with veggies.

dustinsmom1
by JENN on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:27 PM

He just does, my son loves veggies!

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:29 PM

My children love vegetables.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Sorry can't click on that link, lol. My kids and I eat fresh veggies, not canned/frozen. We try to grow as much as we are able & patronize local farms for the rest.
duets
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I began my boys on eating veggies when they were in the hi-chair.  I would eat a salad every day & after they ate...I would give them a handful of salad as finger food, it paid off.... because now they love carrots, broccoli, tomato, cucumbers, lettuce, celery, green beans, cauliflower, corn, eggplant & more!!!!

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:37 AM

How did I GET them to eat them???  Gee wiz, I'm the MOM---I TOLD them to. 

Never had picky kids cuz I simply didn't allow it.

JanuaryBaby06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM

qhen my kids are younger we make up fun names (that usually compare it to something they already know and like.... ex.- broccalli we call trees we would say things like "wow. that is sooo big, probably too big for you." and our oldest always said no i call do it watch-lol)

MentorMom1
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I ate veggies while pregnant and breastfeeding. The flavors are stored in "flavor memories," researchers say, and the baby will be more likely to like the flavors his mother introduced before he could even pick up a spoon!

Plus, I think little ones want to emulate their parents. So sitting down as a family for meals is super important.  We always had breakfast and dinner together. Keep a positive attitude at mealtimes. No threatening or bribing.  And serve really small portions.  Never say "Little Junior doesn't like brocolli, but he loves this or that."  How silly to reinforce negative ideas!

OneToughMami
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Yeah I was like "this is good for you!" She even eats veggies I don't like! She likes peas with a little butter and a sprinkle of adobo. She will only eat beans in rice or chilli though...only things she won't eat straight.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

How did I GET them to eat them???  Gee wiz, I'm the MOM---I TOLD them to. 

Never had picky kids cuz I simply didn't allow it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)