Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Am I the only one who finds this disturbing?

Posted by   + Show Post

What are your thoughts? Does this girl's wish make you uncomfortable?

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c3#/video/us/2012/10/03/dnt-girl-kills-bear.waow

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
dustinsmom1
by JENN on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Quoting dustinsmom1:

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Quoting dustinsmom1:

Blood is not what disturbs me.  Real-life pictures of dead things disturbs me.  If it were a picture of a dead person you'd be disturbed.  I don't care for dead animals, and I think hunting for sport is barbaric and violent.  I am disturbed by sweet little children partaking in violent acts. 

sidesplittinglaughterare you serious, omg. lololol

I am very serious.  I have incredible respect for all living creatures and killing them for fun seems barbaric and violent to me.  Would you like to further ridicule my spiritual beliefs? 

I only ridicule spiritual beliefs when they leave one woefully uneducated, as you obviously are about hunting. Most people who hunt do so for food and for conservation. most animals that are hunted would overpopulate quickly and spread disease and starve if not hunted responsibly. Children who learn to hunt learn responsibility, morality, and a love of nature and conservation. Brush up on some facts then get back to be w/ out the holier then thou attitude fueled by mis-education.

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Whatever makes this little one happy

SunshneDaydream
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:15 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting dustinsmom1:

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Quoting dustinsmom1:

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Quoting dustinsmom1:

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Yeah.  I find hunting disturbing in general.  I understand the need for population control....but kids using guns?  Not cool.  Also what was most disturbing were the pictures of the dead bear.  I don't need that in my face. 

Whats "not cool" about children learning to properly use firearms and hunt? And as far as the pictures of the dead bear "in your face" please, there wasnt even any blood.

Blood is not what disturbs me.  Real-life pictures of dead things disturbs me.  If it were a picture of a dead person you'd be disturbed.  I don't care for dead animals, and I think hunting for sport is barbaric and violent.  I am disturbed by sweet little children partaking in violent acts. 

I am very serious.  I have incredible respect for all living creatures and killing them for fun seems barbaric and violent to me.  Would you like to further ridicule my spiritual beliefs? 

I only ridicule spiritual beliefs when they leave one woefully uneducated, as you obviously are about hunting. Most people who hunt do so for food and for conservation. most animals that are hunted would overpopulate quickly and spread disease and starve if not hunted responsibly. Children who learn to hunt learn responsibility, morality, and a love of nature and conservation. Brush up on some facts then get back to be w/ out the holier then thou attitude fueled by medication.

I already said I understand the need for population control and obviously I understand the need for food.  What I don't understand is getting enjoyment out of it.  I teach my children about nature and conservation without killing anything.  I believe killing anything is wrong, and if one has to do it for sustenence, it should be done begrudgingly and with some sort of respect for the dead.  Posing in victory pictures with the corpse is disgustingly disrespectful to God's creatures. 

And I don't take medication. 

Tanya93-
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Idon't find it disturbing.

I might find it disturbing if she wanted to kill the last of species though.

3gr8tKids
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:19 PM
bummer it would not open on my mobile device"

Quoting nb34:

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c3#/video/us/2012/10/03/dnt-girl-kills-bear.waow

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3gr8tKids
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:19 PM
bummer it would not open on my mobile device"

Quoting nb34:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dustinsmom1
by JENN on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Quoting dustinsmom1:

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Quoting dustinsmom1:

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Quoting dustinsmom1:

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Yeah.  I find hunting disturbing in general.  I understand the need for population control....but kids using guns?  Not cool.  Also what was most disturbing were the pictures of the dead bear.  I don't need that in my face. 

Whats "not cool" about children learning to properly use firearms and hunt? And as far as the pictures of the dead bear "in your face" please, there wasnt even any blood.

I only ridicule spiritual beliefs when they leave one woefully uneducated, as you obviously are about hunting. Most people who hunt do so for food and for conservation. most animals that are hunted would overpopulate quickly and spread disease and starve if not hunted responsibly. Children who learn to hunt learn responsibility, morality, and a love of nature and conservation. Brush up on some facts then get back to be w/ out the holier then thou attitude fueled by medication.

I already said I understand the need for population control and obviously I understand the need for food.  What I don't understand is getting enjoyment out of it.  I teach my children about nature and conservation without killing anything.  I believe killing anything is wrong, and if one has to do it for sustenence, it should be done begrudgingly and with some sort of respect for the dead.  Posing in victory pictures with the corpse is disgustingly disrespectful to God's creatures. 

And I don't take medication. 

Oooo gods little warrior poised for the attack eh, that was a spell check typo, it was supposed to say mis-education, and I changed it but you were too fast weren't you lol. I see it as a pride thing, i posed w/ pics of my deer because I worked hard to get them, and was proud of my accomplishment I fed my family and those in my camp.

Just because you find it disrespectful doesnt mean everyone else agrees. You are spending an awful lot of time ion a post discussing something you dont believe in. lololol 

You contradict yourself very well in this reply by the way. lol you are funny! ;)

ittybit2012
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I understand your point.  Each family is different.  I don't agree with you, but I respect it.  

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

nb34
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

That's how I feel about it too. Senseless killing of animals just for fun is disturbing to me. I donate to charities who help realize last wishes of kids with terminal illness, but I do not feel comfortable my money going to someone whose wish is to kill an animal just for fun.

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Quoting dustinsmom1:

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

chrlstoncharmed
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Personally, I couldn't shoot a bear unless lives were in danger. I came to this conclusion unexpectedly, when my family encountered a bear while we were hiking through the mountains this past August. DH did pull his gun but thankfully we were able to scare it away. I really didnt want to shoot the bear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)