Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Am I the only one who finds this disturbing?

Posted by   + Show Post

What are your thoughts? Does this girl's wish make you uncomfortable?

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c3#/video/us/2012/10/03/dnt-girl-kills-bear.waow

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Replies (71-78):
notgonnahappen
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Just another example of someone getting their panties in a bunch over nothing, isn't there some tree you need to go hug?

dustinsmom1
by JENN on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Vegan - Latin for freak.....hahaha sorry, heard that on the afternoon funnies today, had to add! ;) 

nb34
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Uh, I think you are the one who has her panties in a bunch!

I simply find it ironic and disturbing that a girl who needs heart transplant would want to go and shoot another living creature in the heart just for fun.

Quoting notgonnahappen:

Just another example of someone getting their panties in a bunch over nothing, isn't there some tree you need to go hug?

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Can't see the video.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:52 AM
I think it is awesome. Do I hunt no nor will my family members. I do see the value of it though and the fact she wanted it so badly was awesome. Congratulations to her what an awesome feat!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:29 PM

She wanted to do something, and she was able to do it. 

How is it any different than a man wanting to shoot a deer?

tambrathegreat
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:23 PM
I used to hunt squirrel, rabbit, and quail with my dad. I don't see anything wrong with this little girl wanting to hunt, as long as it wasn't one of those canned hunts where the bear didn't stand a chance.
SunshneDaydream
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

That's an irrelevant question.  I love to eat meat because I'm human and we're naturally supposed to eat it.  I don't kill it myself, and if I did, I would do it begrudgingly, and respectfully, perhaps saying a "thank you" to the animal for sacrificing it's life for me and paying my respects to a beautiful creature.  I would not pose in victory pictures and say "wooooohoo look what I killed!", or hang any of it's body parts on my wall as trophies. 

Quoting D.O.E.:

are you a vegan?

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Quoting dustinsmom1:

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Quoting dustinsmom1:

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Yeah.  I find hunting disturbing in general.  I understand the need for population control....but kids using guns?  Not cool.  Also what was most disturbing were the pictures of the dead bear.  I don't need that in my face. 

Whats "not cool" about children learning to properly use firearms and hunt? And as far as the pictures of the dead bear "in your face" please, there wasnt even any blood.

Blood is not what disturbs me.  Real-life pictures of dead things disturbs me.  If it were a picture of a dead person you'd be disturbed.  I don't care for dead animals, and I think hunting for sport is barbaric and violent.  I am disturbed by sweet little children partaking in violent acts. 

sidesplittinglaughterare you serious, omg. lololol

I am very serious.  I have incredible respect for all living creatures and killing them for fun seems barbaric and violent to me.  Would you like to further ridicule my spiritual beliefs? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)