Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Am I the only one who finds this disturbing?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:07 PM
  • 78 Replies

What are your thoughts? Does this girl's wish make you uncomfortable?

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c3#/video/us/2012/10/03/dnt-girl-kills-bear.waow

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:11 PM

okay, first I was hoping this was about NW04. = /

anywho...

As long as it was legal and bear season, why not? It's an odd wish, but it sounds like a lot of kids have 'hunting' wishes.

I did think it was weird that she pretended it was a lion and looked away before she shot. hmm

SunshneDaydream
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:32 PM
3 moms liked this

Yeah.  I find hunting disturbing in general.  I understand the need for population control....but kids using guns?  Not cool.  Also what was most disturbing were the pictures of the dead bear.  I don't need that in my face. 

.Bubbles.
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:36 PM

This is a local new item for me and this is very standard around here.  I personally am not a huge fan of hunting but there are several charities that take children with disabilities out hunting and they really enjoy the experience.  It may seem odd to some but in this area it isn't odd at all.

MDWife12
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Eh I don't see a problem with it :) Whatever floats her boat right?! :)

dustinsmom1
by JENN on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:48 PM
3 moms liked this

I have no problem w/ kids hunting.

Kids who hunt, fish and trap don't mug little old ladies.

The only thing I don't like is that she said she turned her head. That's dangerous. There's is nothing wrong or bad about children learning how to use firearms and/ or hunt. She did good!

dustinsmom1
by JENN on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Yeah.  I find hunting disturbing in general.  I understand the need for population control....but kids using guns?  Not cool.  Also what was most disturbing were the pictures of the dead bear.  I don't need that in my face. 

Whats "not cool" about children learning to properly use firearms and hunt? And as far as the pictures of the dead bear "in your face" please, there wasnt even any blood.

Pema_Jampa
by SxyTaco on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Killing is wrong. 

Ahimsa

SunshneDaydream
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:54 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting dustinsmom1:

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Whats "not cool" about children learning to properly use firearms and hunt? And as far as the pictures of the dead bear "in your face" please, there wasnt even any blood.

Blood is not what disturbs me.  Real-life pictures of dead things disturbs me.  If it were a picture of a dead person you'd be disturbed.  I don't care for dead animals, and I think hunting for sport is barbaric and violent.  I am disturbed by sweet little children partaking in violent acts. 

dustinsmom1
by JENN on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Quoting dustinsmom1:

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Blood is not what disturbs me.  Real-life pictures of dead things disturbs me.  If it were a picture of a dead person you'd be disturbed.  I don't care for dead animals, and I think hunting for sport is barbaric and violent.  I am disturbed by sweet little children partaking in violent acts. 

sidesplittinglaughterare you serious, omg. lololol

SunshneDaydream
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Quoting dustinsmom1:

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Quoting dustinsmom1:

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

sidesplittinglaughterare you serious, omg. lololol

I am very serious.  I have incredible respect for all living creatures and killing them for fun seems barbaric and violent to me.  Would you like to further ridicule my spiritual beliefs? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)