Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Obama and Biden are reducing women to the sum of their "lady parts".

Their misogyny bubbles to surface at the Obama camp.

Vote for Romney and tell Obama you are more than just a vagina!

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:29 PM
7 moms liked this

That's backwards, OP.  If I want to be more than a vagina (and I do, and I am) I will vote for the ones who will not treat us as such.  Obama and Biden.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:30 PM
4 moms liked this

This took all of 2 minutes to debunk.  Yes, the source is a blog, but look at the content.  Anyway, if you're dumb enough to believe this post is true, you're dumb enough that the source won't matter.

How #ladyparts went viral

politicalmugshot

(CNN) - It started as an ecard, became a post on a Obama campaign blog, and eventually became fodder for conservative websites.

It wasn't the average get-out-the-vote banner.

Tune to CNN for Wednesday's presidential debate coverage starting at 7 p.m. ET on CNN TV, CNN.com and via CNN's apps for iPhone, iPad and Android. Web users can become video editors with a new clip-and-share feature that allows them to share favorite debate moments on Facebook and Twitter.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

– Check out the CNN Electoral Map and Calculator and game out your own strategy for November.

"Vote like your lady parts depend on it," the meme read.

The post appears to have been posted first to the blogging site Tumblr by someone known on the site as Vennstiel on September 25.

When posting it last Tuesday, that user added, "Because they kinda do."

Someone with the Obama campaign "reblogged" it on their official campaign Tumblr this week, adding the commentary, "Really, though," plus a link to the women's health page on Obama's campaign website.

The post has since been removed from the Obama campaign Tumblr, but the page was first saved by web sites that "cache" or save the impressions from web sites over time. Google's caching service provided a snapshot of the page showing it online just before 4 p.m. ET on Monday afternoon.

A spokesman with the Obama campaign did not return a request from CNN for comment on the post.

It was done in the style of the ecards on the website Someecards, whose website shows it was posted there by a user of the site known as WiscoWoman on May 27.

The Obama campaign post brought the meme to prominence online. On Tuesday afternoon, the original Tumblr post had over 8,700 "notes" which includes other users posting the graphic to their Tumblr pages.

Conservative websites, including The Drudge Report and The Weekly Standard noted the post, and it drew a flurry of comments on Twitter.

Obama's campaign website lists Tumblr alongside other popular social networking websites, including Twitter and Facebook, where supporters can interact with the campaign online.

A separate Tuesday afternoon post mentioned women in a different context, noting the platform differences between Obama and Romney on Planned Parenthood and reproductive health care.

Tumblr says it has 75.8 million blogs and that nearly 63 million posts are added daily.

As the Tumblr user who posted the original meme noted on a separate Tuesday afternoon post, "It's got a life of its own now."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/02/how-ladyparts-went-viral/comment-page-5/

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:31 PM
5 moms liked this
Nope, it should be, vote for Romney, and prove you just that-lady parts only. No brains whatsoever!

Quoting Jesi_79:

Obama and Biden are reducing women to the sum of their "lady parts".

Their misogyny bubbles to surface at the Obama camp.

Vote for Romney and tell Obama you are more than just a vagina!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:32 PM
3 moms liked this

Nice try at trying to make us think we should vote for Mitt instead of the Prez. You knew that though......

Quoting asfriend:

Nice try at what?

Quoting lga1965:

sidesplittinglaughterummm, no, that won't work. Still voting for Obama. But it was funny ....nice try.

lga1965
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:33 PM
4 moms liked this

Exactly!   :-)

Quoting stacymomof2:

That's backwards, OP.  If I want to be more than a vagina (and I do, and I am) I will vote for the ones who will not treat us as such.  Obama and Biden.

bch1
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:35 PM

For real!

asfriend
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM
I don't think that even you are so bereft of intelligence, that one post would change your mind, tricky as it was.

Quoting lga1965:

Nice try at trying to make us think we should vote for Mitt instead of the Prez. You knew that though......

Quoting asfriend:

Nice try at what?

Quoting lga1965:

sidesplittinglaughterummm, no, that won't work. Still voting for Obama. But it was funny ....nice try.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this
OK, it doesn't clearly state that Romney will gut reproductive freedom, women's healthcare, other feminist rights, etc. & the language is a silly replacement for the word vagina. But its a far cry from misogyny. A really far cry. Sure, its a bad ad. OK. You got him; mazel tov. He took it down. Doesn't have anything to do with misogyny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Kissy_
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:45 PM
4 moms liked this
" But while the nation remains so divided, he believes that the right next step is for the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade – a case of blatant judicial activism that took a decision that should be left to the people and placed it in the hands of unelected judges. "

http://www.mittromney.com/issues/values

That's taken from his website. He wants to overturn Roe v. Wade. He's also against all abortions except in the case of rape, incest, or of the mother's life is in danger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asfriend
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:45 PM
It was less than fabulous, not murder worthy, agreed.

Could you pass on to the others, the story, they are a little closed minded.

Quoting Bookwormy:

OK, it doesn't clearly state that Romney will gut reproductive freedom, women's healthcare, other feminist rights, etc. & the language is a silly replacement for the word vagina. But its a far cry from misogyny. A really far cry. Sure, its a bad ad. OK. You got him; mazel tov. He took it down. Doesn't have anything to do with misogyny.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN