Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
Anyone want to give me some highlights? All I've heard is that Romney kicked Obama's butt. (=
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Replies (61-70):
asfriend
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:40 PM
2 moms liked this
I have checked a half dozen sites only you seem to think this.

Chris Mathews and that Maddow guy are about to share a stroke.

Quoting annabl1970:

Oh hold your horses. There a more debates to come...

BTW It's Romney, who didn't give any REAL answers.

Quoting asfriend:

No, he never has had to answer real questions before- this was him.

Better learn to accept it.

Quoting NWP:

Ugh...O certainly came to the stage with something else on his mind. I wonder what it was.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I've been called a tin hatter on this site for the last 5 years talking about how our country's currency will eventually collapse.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

You should be more concerned with the currency collapse of THIS country.

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting grandmab125:

You've got to be kidding.

Again, currency collapse is not a big deal? 

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:43 PM
I agree with you. Especially if Obama wins again.

How do you think it will collapse? Just picking your brain. I have my own ideas.

Quoting smalltowngal:

I've been called a tin hatter on this site for the last 5 years talking about how our country's currency will eventually collapse.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting grandmab125:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asfriend
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Noted Obama lover, andrew sullivan at the daily beast, had a hilarious running commentary.

He might hang himself by morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asfriend
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:51 PM
No chance, there is no path to victory for Obama.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

How do you think it will collapse? Just picking your brain. I have my own ideas.

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting grandmab125:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kermitthemom23
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:52 PM
I think butt kicked is a bit strong. But romney I do think won.

I havent caught that bit about iran. Disturbing, I might have to go read about that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Personally, I don't think it will matter if Obama or Romney wins because Bernanke will still be head of the Fed until 2014. I've been watching Europe closely and amazed at how slowly things can fall apart. People keep on getting pay cuts while taxes are being raised and growth is slowing down dramatically. I don't see our government going the austerity route like the smaller countries in Europe have been forced to by Germany and the stronger countries.

I think we're going to see a steady increase in prices, might have a temporary dip as Europe collapses, until the value of the dollar drops faster and faster. At that point, I think the IMF will step in with a global currency saying only one country should have reserve currency status and the IMF's currency should take it's place.

The benefit we have going for us is we supply a lot of food to the rest of the world. Other countires will work hard at trying to get a stable currency for the US so their isn't an interuption in food distribution. Ultimately, I think we'll end up stronger as the crisis will pull communities as people figure out ways to get by. I do worry about a world currency and a small amount of people having that much power. 

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

styleestevie
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Oh NOOOO, I missed it too, so I was browsing the news online just now and the articles that said Romney "won" were all owned by NewsCorp (Wall St. Journal, Washington Post) so I didn't believe it!!!  Why are you moms out there who I have never met more believable than Fox"News"???  Too bad, I figured Obama would kick ass.  Will have to listen to NPR tomorrow morning to get their opinion.

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Obama came out thinking he could win this one because he's so brilliant.  He just kept throwing out dem talking points and lies, that Romney debunked.  He couldn't give a cohesive argument on anything.  Without his teleprompter with a pre-written speech by someone else, he is lost.  Obama came off looking bored, surly, irritated and unprepared to debate anything.

Romney came out swinging, looked him in the eye the whole 90 minutes.  Where as, Obama, looked at the mod to rescue him or the podium, which was totally disrespectful...guess maybe he was trying not to show his anger at looking so weak.  He was sinking so hard and fast, that he even asked the moderator to change the topic once...I believe it was in the taxes part.  Never in the history of presidential debates, have the oponents asked a moderator to change the topic.  Sheer desperation on Obama's part.

Even the world of Tweeter is running amok with his biggest supporters knocking him for his weak performance.  Bill Maher tweeted something that started out with "I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe Obama really does need his teleprompter".

You ladies can try to spin this any way you want, but your guy got his butt kicked but good.  He wasn't prepared.  He believes his own press too much.  He lives in a very insular world, where everyone around him tells him how brilliants he is, and how well he's doing.  He didn't know how to respond tonight, when confronted with the truth.  Obama can't defend his failed record.

Romney came across confident, intelligent, articulate, with a plan, and as a strong leader, and a president who will work with both dems and republicans. 

little.worthen
by Tess on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Wth? How so, it seems to me Romney was the only one giving facts... How in the world did he win the debate if he didn't give any real answers....

Quoting annabl1970:

Oh hold your horses. There a more debates to come...

BTW It's Romney, who didn't give any REAL answers.

Quoting asfriend:

No, he never has had to answer real questions before- this was him.

Better learn to accept it.

Quoting NWP:

Ugh...O certainly came to the stage with something else on his mind. I wonder what it was.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN