Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
Anyone want to give me some highlights? All I've heard is that Romney kicked Obama's butt. (=
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Replies (71-80):
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Madow is a woman.

SMFH

Quoting asfriend:

I have checked a half dozen sites only you seem to think this.

Chris Mathews and that Maddow guy are about to share a stroke.

Quoting annabl1970:

Oh hold your horses. There a more debates to come...

BTW It's Romney, who didn't give any REAL answers.

Quoting asfriend:

No, he never has had to answer real questions before- this was him.

Better learn to accept it.

Quoting NWP:

Ugh...O certainly came to the stage with something else on his mind. I wonder what it was.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Yep!

I was saddened.

Quoting tiffyhamm:

Obama got owned in this debate, didn't even fight like I know he can. Disappointed in my President. He let Romney push that bs...over and over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting styleestevie:

Oh NOOOO, I missed it too, so I was browsing the news online just now and the articles that said Romney "won" were all owned by NewsCorp (Wall St. Journal, Washington Post) so I didn't believe it!!!  Why are you moms out there who I have never met more believable than Fox"News"???  Too bad, I figured Obama would kick ass.  Will have to listen to NPR tomorrow morning to get their opinion.

Maybe because we watched the debate.  And the other thing being, that quite a few of the moms relunctantly agreeing that Romney won, are Obama fans.

grandma B

little.worthen
by Tess on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:23 AM
This is exactly what my husband said (=

Quoting grandmab125:

Obama came out thinking he could win this one because he's so brilliant.  He just kept throwing out dem talking points and lies, that Romney debunked.  He couldn't give a cohesive argument on anything.  Without his teleprompter with a pre-written speech by someone else, he is lost.  Obama came off looking bored, surly, irritated and unprepared to debate anything.

Romney came out swinging, looked him in the eye the whole 90 minutes.  Where as, Obama, looked at the mod to rescue him or the podium, which was totally disrespectful...guess maybe he was trying not to show his anger at looking so weak.  He was sinking so hard and fast, that he even asked the moderator to change the topic once...I believe it was in the taxes part.  Never in the history of presidential debates, have the oponents asked a moderator to change the topic.  Sheer desperation on Obama's part.

Even the world of Tweeter is running amok with his biggest supporters knocking him for his weak performance.  Bill Maher tweeted something that started out with "I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe Obama really does need his teleprompter".

You ladies can try to spin this any way you want, but your guy got his butt kicked but good.  He wasn't prepared.  He believes his own press too much.  He lives in a very insular world, where everyone around him tells him how brilliants he is, and how well he's doing.  He didn't know how to respond tonight, when confronted with the truth.  Obama can't defend his failed record.

Romney came across confident, intelligent, articulate, with a plan, and as a strong leader, and a president who will work with both dems and republicans. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting little.worthen:

Wth? How so, it seems to me Romney was the only one giving facts... How in the world did he win the debate if he didn't give any real answers....

Quoting annabl1970:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting NWP:

Ugh...O certainly came to the stage with something else on his mind. I wonder what it was.

Some people continue to be delusional.

grandma B

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:24 AM

You said you missed the debate...

Quoting little.worthen:

Wth? How so, it seems to me Romney was the only one giving facts... How in the world did he win the debate if he didn't give any real answers....

Quoting annabl1970:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting NWP:

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting little.worthen:

This is exactly what my husband said (=

Quoting grandmab125:

Obama came out thinking he could win this one because he's so brilliant.  He just kept throwing out dem talking points and lies, that Romney debunked.  He couldn't give a cohesive argument on anything.  Without his teleprompter with a pre-written speech by someone else, he is lost.  Obama came off looking bored, surly, irritated and unprepared to debate anything.

Romney came out swinging, looked him in the eye the whole 90 minutes.  Where as, Obama, looked at the mod to rescue him or the podium, which was totally disrespectful...guess maybe he was trying not to show his anger at looking so weak.  He was sinking so hard and fast, that he even asked the moderator to change the topic once...I believe it was in the taxes part.  Never in the history of presidential debates, have the oponents asked a moderator to change the topic.  Sheer desperation on Obama's part.

Even the world of Tweeter is running amok with his biggest supporters knocking him for his weak performance.  Bill Maher tweeted something that started out with "I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe Obama really does need his teleprompter".

You ladies can try to spin this any way you want, but your guy got his butt kicked but good.  He wasn't prepared.  He believes his own press too much.  He lives in a very insular world, where everyone around him tells him how brilliants he is, and how well he's doing.  He didn't know how to respond tonight, when confronted with the truth.  Obama can't defend his failed record.

Romney came across confident, intelligent, articulate, with a plan, and as a strong leader, and a president who will work with both dems and republicans. 

Great minds think alike......Glad to hear there are more people out there who can see through Obama.

grandma B

viv212
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:31 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Moreso because Romney is full of bs. It was time wasted since everyone knows Romney's full of💩

Quoting asfriend:

Obama was annoyed that he had to show up, he thinks he is simply entitled to be President.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting tiffyhamm:

Obama got owned in this debate, didn't even fight like I know he can. Disappointed in my President. He let Romney push that bs...over and over.

He wasn't bad, Tiff...but his heart wasn't in it.

Hey, miss ya in the Doghouse---find some time for us.  :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizardannie1966
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

From what I have been told, President Obama seemed a bit surprised that Mitt Romney could hold his own and it showed in how our president handled a lot of the questions and comments thrown at him.

IOW, he thought he had this in the bag and wouldn't need to work that hard.

Seems that the man who wanted windows that open on airplanes wasn't present at this debate. In his place was someone who'd taken some time to at least think through what his answers might be.

Impressive, even if I still won't be voting for him.

It would seem that Romney's finally entered the race for president.

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Quoting viv212:

I was thinking the same thing. Moreso because Romney is full of bs. It was time wasted since everyone knows Romney's full of💩

Quoting asfriend:

Obama was annoyed that he had to show up, he thinks he is simply entitled to be President.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting tiffyhamm:

He wasn't bad, Tiff...but his heart wasn't in it.

Hey, miss ya in the Doghouse---find some time for us.  :)

What planet are you on?  You obviously weren't watching that debate.  Did you honestly sit there for an hour and a half convincing yourself that that pathetic excuse for a president was winning?  He was uninformed, spouted dem talking points, was petulant, angry, and couldn't even face Romney or the American citizens.  He just kept staring at the podium or the moderator.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)