Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Why Are People Saying Romney Won The Debate?

Posted by   + Show Post
He couldn't answer a single question, couldn't give any details...he just blew hot air over and over about Obama's policies without explaining how his would work better, even when given the opportunity. All I heard was "cut PBS", "repeal Obamacare", constant interruptions and politely telling Jim Lehrer to shut up. This wins the debate???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Replies (51-60):
muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:36 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Sisteract:

Let's not forget he wants to reform education too.

Pie in the sky thinking.

radioheid
by Libertarian on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:36 AM
5 moms liked this
So let me get this straight: the economic crisis Obama inherited isn't the Bush admin's fault because Congress is to blame, but its Obama's fault because...what? Congress is to blame? So its the Democrat Congress of the Bush era's fault that...fuck it. You just made about // that much sense. First you say the Prez has no power, then Congress has little power, then you blame Congress, then the Obama admin...Jesus Christ, figure it the fuck out already.

Quoting norwegianwood:

That's such a ridiculous freaking thing to say..."Bush era got us into this...." It's so absent ANYTHING remotely accurate. LOL Presidents don't control our economy; they don't control our spending, AND...hello...even congress--which was under Dem control for those two last years when ALL the trouble started--can only do 'so much' to encourage opportunity for business. At the end of the day, the downturn was GLOBAL and most certainly no one person and no one industry...the fact is there is ALWAYS an ebb and flow.

What gov't can do that doesn't HELP is 'spend/borrow' ALL available funds that banks are willing to risk. This has happened under the 'current' administration. What it can do is PRINT MORE MONEY...something this president just gave Bernanke the green light to do..THAT will cause inflation. What it 'can' do is what it did four years ago, which is 'undermine all confidence in the consumer and small business owner.' They did it to win--by invoking fear and doom and gloom--and they were so successful, that four years later they have not been able to get consumers and business owners' confidence back.

This administration has been the WORST EVER in our HISTORY. PERIOD.

This administration has NO LEG to stand on with all their ads about Romney's taxes and how 'he' doesn't pay enough. LMAO...THIS president's OWN Treasury Secty didn't pay ANY taxes! His own party chair of the Weighs and Means committee didn't PAY....and the president ENDORSED these people rather than lambast them for not 'paying their fair share'....He's got NO CREDIBILITY on the issue of taxes...none.

He has NO credibility when he continues to suggest the spending from the Bush years is what 'got us here'...Really??? Where was Obama during those years? Oh, yeah...he was IN THAT CONGRESS...remember, Congress, not the president has the 'power of the purse'...What spending bills did Obama FIGHT as a Senator...any? Really?....He didn't fight ANY of it..in fact, he insured MUCH of it with his votes....he has NO credibility to anyone who actually KNOWS how the gov't works, who is responsible for what, and what power the office actually holds...it's STUPID to give ANY president all the credit or all the criticism for ANYTHING regarding the economy...STUPID....our gov't has LITTLE to do with our economy and the part that DOES is the CONGRESS...jeez...they know they can get by with that type of ridiculously stupid commentary because the public is really that ignorant to their OWN gov't and how it works...or doesn't as the case may be.

P

Quoting radioheid:

Right, but how do they figure? Romney offered nothing but a return to the Bush era that got us into the mess we're in now.

Quoting smalltowngal:

CNN's poll that just came out said 67% said Romney won and 25% said Obama won. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DSamuels
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:37 AM

No, Gore tried that with Bush and he lost that debate BIG time.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Because apparently rude and disrespectful = winner.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I say it was a grand and scripted show. 

I don't see the difference in either of them. 

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:43 AM
5 moms liked this

THe debate was more like this....

My impression of the debate...Romney never laid a glove on him and Obama ZINGED Romney without even trying hard.
{S}

JazzyMommyx3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Im voting third party. I refuse to vote for either one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizardannie1966
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I would say he "won" because so many expected that same goof who spoke up about airplane windows a week ago or so to show up at THIS debate and it didn't happen.

President Obama went into this with quite a bit of confidence--perhaps too much. Did he get his ass handed to him? I don't think so.

But he most certainly was surprised by the what was said and what was asked, though I'm sure others will have an alternative opinion.

That's the fun of these televised debates--seeing what the little people like all of us come away with and the differing, diverse opinions.

radioheid
by Libertarian on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Not entirely sure on that one. If I had to play his side in a debate, I'd say its because doctors make hundreds of thousands off the public, the tax coffer and insurers, while the average teacher here in Ohio makes about 50 g's. More money---and lives---at stake. *shrugs* I think anyone funded by the taxpayer should be paid by performance. Shitty job edges you into the margins, good job is rewarded with more pay.

Quoting Tanya93-:

If President Obama thinks doctors should be paid for performance, why doesn't he support the same thing for teachers?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sat.Wed
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:04 AM
So basically they were a waste of time? And oh my god the damn ass phone calls during it ughhh thank god for caller id sorry stupid people I dont do "opinion" polls or any crap like that you dont need to know what Im thinking. I missed most because I was showering but frick my damn phone was ringing like every danm 15 minutes or so
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cammibear
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:06 AM
2 moms liked this
Obama lost when he showed he obviously doesn't have a clue in the area of Economics. Even my 14 year old understood that more jobs = more revenue, and it doesn't involve raising taxes.

Romney scored points because he came across as passionate, knowledgeable, and believable. I do think he is more likely to be able lead by working across party lines. Obama has not accomplished that, and made at least one statement that made it seem he is not the President of the nation, but the President of "some" of the people.

Romney could be all talk, but he has a good record of working with Democrats in his state. He is the better possibility of uniting us. And if I end up hating his policies, at least it will be a new face to be upset with for the next 4 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN