Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Why Are People Saying Romney Won The Debate?

Posted by   + Show Post
He couldn't answer a single question, couldn't give any details...he just blew hot air over and over about Obama's policies without explaining how his would work better, even when given the opportunity. All I heard was "cut PBS", "repeal Obamacare", constant interruptions and politely telling Jim Lehrer to shut up. This wins the debate???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Replies (311-315):
little.worthen
by Tess on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:40 AM
A few liberal friends say that neither won because they both were going back and forth like 10 year olds calling each other liars and stuff.. But idk, I missed it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I just watched it. Obama clearly won. Romney was caught in a lie by the mod who was fact checking during the debate. I think that will be played as the take away from tonight.

It helped to have an actual moderator who moderated.

It also helped that Obama was actually awake tonight.

Quoting little.worthen:

A few liberal friends say that neither won because they both were going back and forth like 10 year olds calling each other liars and stuff.. But idk, I missed it.

New World Peace

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I would say it was a tie.  Not sure how the polls rate it, but I'm sure we're going to hear...Some say that Obama  won...then some say, Romney won..OR it was a tie...Either way, it's always up to Americans to decide that.  Depending on what side you are on too, is what we are going to hear people say who won or not.  What counts is what happens on Election Day.  What 'Independants' are thinking right now...But, before I go I have to just show my support for Romney! Congrats!!  Great job!!  GO Romney!!you rock

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 5:35 AM
And you still want to put it all at Clinton's feet?

Well, I'm blaming France. They couldn't maintain control over indochina and their other colonies after the second world war. They begged for help and claimed that the entire region was going commie if we didn't save the day, again. We needed those backwater countries to be strong democracies as god intended but we couldn't let them vote because the ingrates decided that they'd vote for communism if given half the chance so we had to invade to save the Vietnamese from themselves. The second and most damaging outcome for our desire to be the world's police officer was Vietnam but we didn't learn well so we sit in Afghanistan.
How different the world would be huh? No hopes, no Nixon, or at least no need for Watergate. What a different world it would be.

Quoting Twofeathers:

yes, your right..we COULD say lots of things but facts are facts..

Quoting AdrianneHill:

That's funny, if we are going back that far might as well be honest and say it is all Nixon's fault for taking us off the metal standard or Wilson's fault for thinking of the League of Nations. Hell we could blame Europe for allowing their colonies to fall apart and become independent nations. Having to deal with more than half a dozen governments makes international politics tricky.

Quoting Twofeathers:

This "mess" started in Clinton's regime..

Quoting radioheid:

Right, but how do they figure? Romney offered nothing but a return to the Bush era that got us into the mess we're in now.

Quoting smalltowngal:

CNN's poll that just came out said 67% said Romney won and 25% said Obama won. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeIsForLOLZ
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 5:37 AM

It's called denial... people are happy in their ignorance...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN