Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Why Are People Saying Romney Won The Debate?

Posted by   + Show Post
He couldn't answer a single question, couldn't give any details...he just blew hot air over and over about Obama's policies without explaining how his would work better, even when given the opportunity. All I heard was "cut PBS", "repeal Obamacare", constant interruptions and politely telling Jim Lehrer to shut up. This wins the debate???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
asfriend
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Ridiculous post.

Most people realize that Bush had nothing to do with the Obama disaster.

Quoting radioheid:

Right, but how do they figure? Romney offered nothing but a return to the Bush era that got us into the mess we're in now.

Quoting smalltowngal:

CNN's poll that just came out said 67% said Romney won and 25% said Obama won. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
radioheid
by Libertarian on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:55 PM
5 moms liked this
And that's just the thing. We already knew what Obama was going to say, what I wanted to hear were specifics from Romney as to how he'd *fix* things, and I heard a lot of bitching and a lot of promise to repeal this and that, but no solution, no remedy, just "I'm gonna cut this and repeal that". The questions went unanswered. He didn't offer anything new, or even anything old that actually worked.

Quoting katzmeow726:

He did seem more eloquent, and Obama unprepared.

I wouldn't say it was that Mitt won, but that president Obama lost.  Mitt, like you said, was a lot of hot air. He spent more time turning every question to how Obama was doing things wrong, instead of how he planned to do things right.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:55 PM
2 moms liked this

i think it was more aggressive. obama did not attack like he should have, we will see what happens next time

Quoting katzmeow726:

I wouldn't say it was that Mitt won, but that president Obama lost.  Mitt, like you said, was a lot of hot air. He spent more time turning every question to how Obama was doing things wrong, instead of how he planned to do things right.

asfriend
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Ridiculous post

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Because apparently rude and disrespectful = winner.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katzmeow726
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm all fine with him saying he would repeal stuff...but I wanted to hear what he would do in place of the repealed programs.

Quoting radioheid:

And that's just the thing. We already knew what Obama was going to say, what I wanted to hear were specifics from Romney as to how he'd *fix* things, and I heard a lot of bitching and a lot of promise to repeal this and that, but no solution, no remedy, just "I'm gonna cut this and repeal that". The questions went unanswered. He didn't offer anything new, or even anything old that actually worked.

Quoting katzmeow726:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:57 PM
3 moms liked this

I listened to most of it and Romney was an arrogant ass. I dont feel that he won. 

I also listened online so I could here a couple of the third party candidates weigh in, much better debate with them invovled. Too bad they couldnt have been on the stage with Romney and Obama.

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree, he didnt answer any questions and seemed to have gotten his panties in a bunch quite a bit.

Quoting radioheid:

Quoting katzmeow726:

asfriend
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:58 PM
3 moms liked this
That's him off prompter, clueless.

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting Sisteract:

He had a more aggressive presentation.

Although he presented no mathematically viable economic  or hc plan.

It was Obama's "huh's." He had these long pauses that made it uncomfortable to listen to him. It was driving me nuts. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styleestevie
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:59 PM
3 moms liked this

Did anyone else hear that NPR piece this morning about "The Pivot?"  Where candidates turn an answer into an answer to a different question?  I bet Romney pivoted a lot!

Kermitthemom23
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting katzmeow726:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)