Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Why Are People Saying Romney Won The Debate?

Posted by   + Show Post
He couldn't answer a single question, couldn't give any details...he just blew hot air over and over about Obama's policies without explaining how his would work better, even when given the opportunity. All I heard was "cut PBS", "repeal Obamacare", constant interruptions and politely telling Jim Lehrer to shut up. This wins the debate???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Replies (261-270):
cherylw993
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Quoting tooptimistic:

If you support Romney, then you are going to think Romney won.  If you support Obama, then your are going to think Obama won. 

I think this is true of most people in this group, but some people do have an open mind and will give credit where credit is due. I am not a Obama supporter, but I did admit back in 2008 that he gave a few good speeches. And if Obama wins the next debate, I will admit that also.

candlegal
by Judy on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:14 AM

and I would be willing to bet he had his teleprompter in front of him.

Quoting cherylw993:

Quoting tooptimistic:

If you support Romney, then you are going to think Romney won.  If you support Obama, then your are going to think Obama won. 

I think this is true of most people in this group, but some people do have an open mind and will give credit where credit is due. I am not a Obama supporter, but I did admit back in 2008 that he gave a few good speeches. And if Obama wins the next debate, I will admit that also.

Simmeringhearts
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:15 AM

Obama didn't nail Romney because he is arrogant enough to think all he had to do and stand there looking pretty. Too bad he is nothing more than a spineless, whining little bitch.

Quoting glitterteaz:

THat is what me and hubby are saying he was aggressive yes but offered nothing. He is a big fat nothing but rich entitled attitude. I am dissappointed Obama didn't nail his ass to a fence with his 47% BS.

Simmeringhearts
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:16 AM

You must be confused. Obama didn't win.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Because apparently rude and disrespectful = winner.

Simmeringhearts
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM

I wonder why 'inherited' and 'campaigned for' is the same?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting radioheid:

Right, but how do they figure? Romney offered nothing but a return to the Bush era that got us into the mess we're in now.

Quoting smalltowngal:

CNN's poll that just came out said 67% said Romney won and 25% said Obama won. 

The problem with the Bush era was a couple of wars..Obama has DOUBLED the problems he "inherited" from Bush. 

ms-superwoman
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:35 AM

SMH *Sigh*

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

You must be confused. Obama didn't win.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Because apparently rude and disrespectful = winner.

ms-superwoman
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:37 AM

Oh look yet another person to offer nothing but bashing!

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

Obama didn't nail Romney because he is arrogant enough to think all he had to do and stand there looking pretty. Too bad he is nothing more than a spineless, whining little bitch.

Quoting glitterteaz:

THat is what me and hubby are saying he was aggressive yes but offered nothing. He is a big fat nothing but rich entitled attitude. I am dissappointed Obama didn't nail his ass to a fence with his 47% BS.

pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:46 AM

LOLOL.  Alrighty then.  You obviously have not seen my pass comments on Mitt in the beginning.  Bottom line is, Obama has failed us for 4 years.  You want to continue down that same path?  Or do you want to get off the pot and try to go a different candidate?  Sorry, disagree w/ your analyst on the debate.

Quoting katzmeow726:

You DO realize that there are people who oppose Mitt, that are not Obama fans right. Or does that not fit into your mind set?  You're obviously not one to think outside your GOP box.  But Mitt did no better than Obama last night.  He may have been more agressive, but neither one of them offered anything remotely close to satisfactory answers.  

If you actually think Mitt said anything that makes him candidate worthy, then I think you're the one with blinders.  Not to mention, while he may have appeared more composed on screen, the fact checks are hitting him hard.  People are so quick to judge this debate on appearances, and yes He did APPEAR to win.  But if you take off your Mitt colored glasses, and look past the fluff, he lied through his teeth, and spentmore time telling us what Obama is doing wrong, instead of stating how he would do it right.

Not impressed by either of them...oops, look at that.  No Obama blinders, and I STILL think Mitt is worthless as a candidate. 

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Because you had your Obama blinders on and your MNBC earplugs in........

Simmeringhearts
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Nothing but the truth.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Oh look yet another person to offer nothing but bashing!

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

Quoting glitterteaz:

stefvan
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Because Obama look flustered, angry and unprepared.  Obama had said before hand that Romney was a better debater. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)