Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Why Are People Saying Romney Won The Debate?

Posted by   + Show Post
He couldn't answer a single question, couldn't give any details...he just blew hot air over and over about Obama's policies without explaining how his would work better, even when given the opportunity. All I heard was "cut PBS", "repeal Obamacare", constant interruptions and politely telling Jim Lehrer to shut up. This wins the debate???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Replies (301-310):
pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:05 AM

First of all, if you really want to get your point across and have people read what you obviously took awhile for you to write, then don't start off being insulting and downgrading to your reader. Because after the first insulting sentence the reader stops reading the non-sense.

Quoting katzmeow726:

Probably because it isn't logical...although I'm sure basic logic probably escapes you anyway.

He's doing something because he *gasp* loves his job.  It means tightening our belts, and cutting our budget down right now, but we're not struggling by any means.

It would seem that charity, kindness, and the basic idea of helping others are also things you are incapable of following.

Then again, from your posts in here, that does not surprise me in the slightest. I'd rather be on a strict budget for another couple of months, so that people can truly benefit from my DH's help, then live easy on more money, knowing that the increased pay put others in a hardship.

As long as my children want for little, and need for nothing, I am proud of my husband, and the work he does.  And i'm willing to stretch our budget thin a few more months, if it means  a few more people finding homes and jobs.

If you're unable to understand that, then that is on you.  Like I said, I didn't actually expect you to understand the concept of giving to others. 

Quoting pvtjokerus:

What?  He stays on stamps in order to finish a couple of projects?  I am not following the logic here.

Quoting katzmeow726:

Where did I say that I wanted Obama?

And by the way we pay our taxes, we pay our cell phones, we pay out the rear for our (admittedly very good) insurance and co pays, and no, no lower bracket in college.  I have the loan repayments to prove it.

Where did I say I was voting democratic again?  I didn't.  Work on those reading comprehension skills, and drop the assumtions.   

But nice of you to assume that we're living off the government...too bad you're wrong.  The ONLY assistance we get is $100 a month in stamps, so my DH could stay as his current low paying job to finish out some projects he's working on that will greatly help the company he works for assist homeless clients better, and because he has two clients that are so close to housing right now and really need his help.

It's that whole sacrfice for others thing....seems like that is a foreign concept to you.   

Quoting pvtjokerus:

ok....so stick w/ Obama and see how far that will get you..........of course, if you are in the 47% bracket that will get you a free pass of not paying your taxes, a free cellular, free hospital care and maybe a lower bracket in the college tuition arena.  Hell, if you really pay attention and mark X in the hispanic, illegal box you may even qualify for green stamps and welfare the true taxpayers's dime.  The only thing you have to do is vote DEMOCRATIC......

Quoting katzmeow726:

Oh, I do want to try a different candidate...but certainly not mitt.  

Quoting pvtjokerus:

LOLOL.  Alrighty then.  You obviously have not seen my pass comments on Mitt in the beginning.  Bottom line is, Obama has failed us for 4 years.  You want to continue down that same path?  Or do you want to get off the pot and try to go a different candidate?  Sorry, disagree w/ your analyst on the debate.

Quoting katzmeow726:

You DO realize that there are people who oppose Mitt, that are not Obama fans right. Or does that not fit into your mind set?  You're obviously not one to think outside your GOP box.  But Mitt did no better than Obama last night.  He may have been more agressive, but neither one of them offered anything remotely close to satisfactory answers.  

If you actually think Mitt said anything that makes him candidate worthy, then I think you're the one with blinders.  Not to mention, while he may have appeared more composed on screen, the fact checks are hitting him hard.  People are so quick to judge this debate on appearances, and yes He did APPEAR to win.  But if you take off your Mitt colored glasses, and look past the fluff, he lied through his teeth, and spentmore time telling us what Obama is doing wrong, instead of stating how he would do it right.

Not impressed by either of them...oops, look at that.  No Obama blinders, and I STILL think Mitt is worthless as a candidate. 

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Because you had your Obama blinders on and your MNBC earplugs in........

Karen2313
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:10 AM

For everyone that thinks the debates mean nothing they need to look at the latest Rasmussen polls. The debates make a huge difference for the independent and undecided voters.

Karenlefty
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Yesterday, it was posted here that no poll released before Sunday (tomorrow) would be reflective of the debates-

GOP needs to decide-

Flip flop

Quoting Karen2313:

For everyone that thinks the debates mean nothing they need to look at the latest Rasmussen polls. The debates make a huge difference for the independent and undecided voters.

Separation of church and state is for the protection of BOTH church and state.
Leading with hate and intolerance only leads to MORE hate and intolerance.
katzmeow726
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Take your own advice.  Automatically lumping us in with people who rely on the government and refuse to do anything about their situation...

Yeah, that qualifies as an insult and is downgrading to your reader.

"because you had your Obama blinders on"
Insult. Downgrading.

I guess I just assumed that since it is the only way you know how to speak to others, it would be the only thing you could possibly understand.  It is your loss if you didn't read the rest of my reply.  

But you're right, I shouldn't have insulted you...it is beneath me. I guess I just get irritated when someone equates our living situation to those living off the government, when we work hard. Or when my husband performs a job that people like you would turn their nose up at, and someone basically says we're mooching off the government.

So yeah, I think I have every right to react the way I did when you pretty much insult my husband who has busted his butt trying to not only provide for his family, but help people who are in desperate need.  He deserves 10 times what he is getting paid, but it is what it is. 

Quoting pvtjokerus:

First of all, if you really want to get your point across and have people read what you obviously took awhile for you to write, then don't start off being insulting and downgrading to your reader. Because after the first insulting sentence the reader stops reading the non-sense.

Quoting katzmeow726:

Probably because it isn't logical...although I'm sure basic logic probably escapes you anyway.

He's doing something because he *gasp* loves his job.  It means tightening our belts, and cutting our budget down right now, but we're not struggling by any means.

It would seem that charity, kindness, and the basic idea of helping others are also things you are incapable of following.

Then again, from your posts in here, that does not surprise me in the slightest. I'd rather be on a strict budget for another couple of months, so that people can truly benefit from my DH's help, then live easy on more money, knowing that the increased pay put others in a hardship.

As long as my children want for little, and need for nothing, I am proud of my husband, and the work he does.  And i'm willing to stretch our budget thin a few more months, if it means  a few more people finding homes and jobs.

If you're unable to understand that, then that is on you.  Like I said, I didn't actually expect you to understand the concept of giving to others. 

Quoting pvtjokerus:

What?  He stays on stamps in order to finish a couple of projects?  I am not following the logic here.

Quoting katzmeow726:

And by the way we pay our taxes, we pay our cell phones, we pay out the rear for our (admittedly very good) insurance and co pays, and no, no lower bracket in college.  I have the loan repayments to prove it.

Where did I say I was voting democratic again?  I didn't.  Work on those reading comprehension skills, and drop the assumtions.   

But nice of you to assume that we're living off the government...too bad you're wrong.  The ONLY assistance we get is $100 a month in stamps, so my DH could stay as his current low paying job to finish out some projects he's working on that will greatly help the company he works for assist homeless clients better, and because he has two clients that are so close to housing right now and really need his help.

It's that whole sacrfice for others thing....seems like that is a foreign concept to you.   

Quoting pvtjokerus:

ok....so stick w/ Obama and see how far that will get you..........of course, if you are in the 47% bracket that will get you a free pass of not paying your taxes, a free cellular, free hospital care and maybe a lower bracket in the college tuition arena.  Hell, if you really pay attention and mark X in the hispanic, illegal box you may even qualify for green stamps and welfare the true taxpayers's dime.  The only thing you have to do is vote DEMOCRATIC......

Quoting katzmeow726:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

LOLOL.  Alrighty then.  You obviously have not seen my pass comments on Mitt in the beginning.  Bottom line is, Obama has failed us for 4 years.  You want to continue down that same path?  Or do you want to get off the pot and try to go a different candidate?  Sorry, disagree w/ your analyst on the debate.

Quoting katzmeow726:

You DO realize that there are people who oppose Mitt, that are not Obama fans right. Or does that not fit into your mind set?  You're obviously not one to think outside your GOP box.  But Mitt did no better than Obama last night.  He may have been more agressive, but neither one of them offered anything remotely close to satisfactory answers.  

If you actually think Mitt said anything that makes him candidate worthy, then I think you're the one with blinders.  Not to mention, while he may have appeared more composed on screen, the fact checks are hitting him hard.  People are so quick to judge this debate on appearances, and yes He did APPEAR to win.  But if you take off your Mitt colored glasses, and look past the fluff, he lied through his teeth, and spentmore time telling us what Obama is doing wrong, instead of stating how he would do it right.

Not impressed by either of them...oops, look at that.  No Obama blinders, and I STILL think Mitt is worthless as a candidate. 

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
meriana
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:24 AM

So Romney won the debate...so what, it was a debate, one debate NOT the election. It almost seems that people feel because he won the debate, he has the election all or nearly all, sewed up. That's a bit like saying the group that won one small battle is automatically going to win the war.

pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:28 AM

If I offended you personally, then I apologize.  However, you are being too sensitive about you thinking that I am insulting your husband.  I don't know him and have not said anything about him, so I think you went too far. I am though interested you plight because it is irregular.  Do you not work?

Quoting katzmeow726:

Take your own advice.  Automatically lumping us in with people who rely on the government and refuse to do anything about their situation...

Yeah, that qualifies as an insult and is downgrading to your reader.

"because you had your Obama blinders on"
Insult. Downgrading.

I guess I just assumed that since it is the only way you know how to speak to others, it would be the only thing you could possibly understand.  It is your loss if you didn't read the rest of my reply.  

But you're right, I shouldn't have insulted you...it is beneath me. I guess I just get irritated when someone equates our living situation to those living off the government, when we work hard. Or when my husband performs a job that people like you would turn their nose up at, and someone basically says we're mooching off the government.

So yeah, I think I have every right to react the way I did when you pretty much insult my husband who has busted his butt trying to not only provide for his family, but help people who are in desperate need.  He deserves 10 times what he is getting paid, but it is what it is. 

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting katzmeow726:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting katzmeow726:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting katzmeow726:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting katzmeow726:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Twofeathers
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:02 AM

yes, your right..we COULD say lots of things but facts are facts..

Quoting AdrianneHill:

That's funny, if we are going back that far might as well be honest and say it is all Nixon's fault for taking us off the metal standard or Wilson's fault for thinking of the League of Nations. Hell we could blame Europe for allowing their colonies to fall apart and become independent nations. Having to deal with more than half a dozen governments makes international politics tricky.

Quoting Twofeathers:

This "mess" started in Clinton's regime..

Quoting radioheid:

Right, but how do they figure? Romney offered nothing but a return to the Bush era that got us into the mess we're in now.

Quoting smalltowngal:

CNN's poll that just came out said 67% said Romney won and 25% said Obama won. 

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:21 AM
And you still want to out it all at Clinton's feet?

Well, I'm blaming France. They couldn't maintain control over indochina and their other colonies after the second world war. They begged for help and claimed that the entire region was going commie if we didn't save the day, again. We needed those backwater countries to be strong democracies as god intended but we couldn't let them vote because the ingrates decided that they'd vote for communism if given half the chance so we had to invade to save the Vietnamese from themselves. The second and most damaging outcome for our desire to be the world's police officer was Vietnam but we didn't learn well so we sit in Afghanistan.
How different the world would be huh? No hopes, no Nixon, or at least no need for Watergate. What a different world it would be.

Quoting Twofeathers:

yes, your right..we COULD say lots of things but facts are facts..

Quoting AdrianneHill:

That's funny, if we are going back that far might as well be honest and say it is all Nixon's fault for taking us off the metal standard or Wilson's fault for thinking of the League of Nations. Hell we could blame Europe for allowing their colonies to fall apart and become independent nations. Having to deal with more than half a dozen governments makes international politics tricky.

Quoting Twofeathers:

This "mess" started in Clinton's regime..

Quoting radioheid:

Right, but how do they figure? Romney offered nothing but a return to the Bush era that got us into the mess we're in now.

Quoting smalltowngal:

CNN's poll that just came out said 67% said Romney won and 25% said Obama won. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL..I think it was clear tonight that Romney won the first debate because Obama was asleep and Romney's verbal bullying without any checks and balances just ran the show.

Tonight Obama was awake and calling R out on his lies. Romney just looked like a pathetic bully.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:38 AM
I clicked this post without reading the date and was like... Really? Even the die hards can't be gloating about Romney tonight and then realized...
Lol.
Perhaps it was the debate camp some of the more awesome Obama detractors were freaking out about (OMG he left the White House! Why cant he prepare at the wh! Taxpayer money golf lol)
Eat: my autocorrect changes Romney to money!! So awesome!

Quoting NWP:

LOL..I think it was clear tonight that Romney won the first debate because Obama was asleep and Romney's verbal bullying without any checks and balances just ran the show.

Tonight Obama was awake and calling R out on his lies. Romney just looked like a pathetic bully.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN