Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Cry baby Chris Matthews accidentally tells the truth

Posted by   + Show Post

While crying about Obama's lackluster performance in the debate last night Chris Matthews accidentally told the thruth about MSNBC.

"Tonight wasn't an MSNBC debate tonight, was it?" Chris Matthews said after the first Obama-Romney presidential debate concluded on Wednesday night.

"I don't know what he was doing out there. He had his head down, he was enduring the debate rather than fighting it. Romney, on the other hand, came in with a campaign. He had a plan, he was going to dominate the time, he was going to be aggressive, he was going to push the moderator around, which he did effectively, he was going to relish the evening, enjoying it," Matthews said.

"Here's my question for Obama: I know he likes saying he doesn't watch cable television but maybe he should start. Maybe he should start. I don't know how he let Romney get away with the crap he throughout tonight about Social Security," Matthews complained.

Matthews then demanded that President Obama start watching cable news, specifically his program.

"Where was Obama tonight? He should watch -- well, not just Hardball, Rachel, he should watch you, he should watch the Reverend Al [Sharpton], he should watch Lawrence. He would learn something about this debate. There's a hot debate going on in this country. You know where it's been held? Here on this network is where we're having the debate," Matthews said.

"We have our knives out," Matthews said, admitting his network is trying their best to defend Obama and his policies. "We go after the people and the facts. What was he doing tonight? He went in there disarmed."

(continued)

Matthews admit that at MSNBC they attack the people, and the facts, that don't agree with their narrative.  He also admits, with encouragement from Rachel Maddow and Ed Schultz, that MSNBC is in the tank for Obama.   He also indicates that the MSNBC moderators woud be less than impartial, taking a more active role int he debate... perhaps he should learn about debates and the role of the moderator.  

However, his accidental truth is hidden in the litany of lies about Romney and the way he dominated the time and bullied the moderator, when in fact he was respectful.  If you can stomach Chris Matthews in his whiny meltdown the video shows shows it live on air... a far cry from "I've got tingles running down my leg".

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:18 AM
Replies (11-20):
asfriend
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Try to have a nice day in Iga's world today, after that bloodletting, you must feel a little queasy.

Quoting lga1965:

MSNBC and Fox are NOT news channels. Fox is a right wing propaganda machine.MSNBC is tilting to the Left.

WHy anyone watches either of those "News" shows is a mystery.

Don't watch them.

Quoting asfriend:

You seem like a sweet person, but you really have no clue here, at least look at some alternate sources, even Chris Mathews doesn't think MSNBC is a news channel, as he made clear last night, if anyone didn't already know.

Quoting MomTiara19:

Good morning,

I watched the debate last night and I understand what Chris Mathews(love Chris so passionate:) was saying.I am a democrat and understand what strategy Obama was coming from.He was calm,cool,and presidential.

Obama was told not to attack Romney because he would appear to aggressive,unstable,and unpresidential.Remember Obama is the president until the end of his term and must appear so.

Romney held alot of his policies under wraps in detail which is a great strategy for throwing his opponent off at the debate.Obama has always showed his plans in detail for our country openely.Romney threw out his plans and policies in a more generalized point at the debate which left the president having to think quickly and figure out and explain why Romneys figures and fluff still dont match or add up.Romneys approach was just to attack and look more confident.....never mind the full details.Just look at me and believe my big bold ideas so I can get the ax out if I am president.

Romney did alot of flip floping...and to me seemed inconsistent.Are you for medicaid or not,medicaire or not,education or not ...first you arent then you are....his treatment plan is Obama care just with a different name that he created in MA.

If you noticed Obama never once attacked Romney and has alot of ammunition left to do so.You will see a very different debate next time.I feel Obama will bring out the big guns in the next two debates.Romney showed his radical plans.

~Tia

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candlegal
by Judy on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Quoting lga1965:

LOL> I think the President has always looked very Presidential and he is calm and dignified. Romney,on the other hand, looks like a Stepford Man.

As far as looks go ( if you want to be shallow) Obama wins. No contest.

But I prefer action, plans and concern for all Americans and that's where Obama shines. We have no idea what Mitt's plans are, except to get Obama out of the White House . Big whoop.

Quoting candlegal:

Are you actually serious?   I don't think you watched the same debate I did.

Calm cool and Presidential, REALLY?    Thanks, I really needed a good laugh this morning.

Obama hasn't appeared  presidential since the beginning of his term and now he is trying to be, lol   Yeah, okay

Quoting MomTiara19:

Good morning,

I watched the debate last night and I understand what Chris Mathews(love Chris so passionate:) was saying.I am a democrat and understand what strategy Obama was coming from.He was calm,cool,and presidential.

Obama was told not to attack Romney because he would appear to aggressive,unstable,and unpresidential.Remember Obama is the president until the end of his term and must appear so.

Romney held alot of his policies under wraps in detail which is a great strategy for throwing his opponent off at the debate.Obama has always showed his plans in detail for our country openely.Romney threw out his plans and policies in a more generalized point at the debate which left the president having to think quickly and figure out and explain why Romneys figures and fluff still dont match or add up.Romneys approach was just to attack and look more confident.....never mind the full details.Just look at me and believe my big bold ideas so I can get the ax out if I am president.

Romney did alot of flip floping...and to me seemed inconsistent.Are you for medicaid or not,medicaire or not,education or not ...first you arent then you are....his treatment plan is Obama care just with a different name that he created in MA.

If you noticed Obama never once attacked Romney and has alot of ammunition left to do so.You will see a very different debate next time.I feel Obama will bring out the big guns in the next two debates.Romney showed his radical plans.

~Tia

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly!!

Quoting candlegal:

Calm cool and Presidential, REALLY?    Thanks, I really needed a good laugh this morning.

Obama hasn't appeared  presidential since the beginning of his term and now he is trying to be, lol   Yeah, okay

Quoting MomTiara19:

Good morning,

~Tia

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ann7227
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

hahaha Ronmey won big time.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:05 AM
4 moms liked this
That is my only concern getting that ass hat out of office!! I would vote for cookie monster if it meant Obama wouldn't be our president any longer. Although I do love Romney anyways.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting lga1965:

LOL> I think the President has always looked very Presidential and he is calm and dignified. Romney,on the other hand, looks like a Stepford Man.

But I prefer action, plans and concern for all Americans and that's where Obama shines. We have no idea what Mitt's plans are, except to get Obama out of the White House . Big whoop.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting MomTiara19:

Good morning,

~Tia

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I can see his reasoning; because Chris is correct.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:10 AM
3 moms liked this

What is wrong with you? You never make sense.

Quoting asfriend:

Try to have a nice day in Iga's world today, after that bloodletting, you must feel a little queasy.

Quoting lga1965:

MSNBC and Fox are NOT news channels. Fox is a right wing propaganda machine.MSNBC is tilting to the Left.

WHy anyone watches either of those "News" shows is a mystery.

Don't watch them.

Quoting asfriend:

You seem like a sweet person, but you really have no clue here, at least look at some alternate sources, even Chris Mathews doesn't think MSNBC is a news channel, as he made clear last night, if anyone didn't already know.

Quoting MomTiara19:

Good morning,

~Tia

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:14 AM
4 moms liked this

I don't know what is more entertaining....the debate last night....or hand wringing this morning!  I can hardly wait until blunderbuss Biden hits the stage with Ryan.

lga1965
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:17 AM

The photo didn't show up. But, I don't think I care.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting MomTiara19:

Good morning,

~Tia

Karen_Dover
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

That's actually not true. The impending tax increases are large, but not anywhere near as large as the largest tax increase in history, which happened right after World War II, to pay for the war. It was Rush Limbaugh who originally stated it was the largest tax increase in history, and we all know he's an idiot. http://www.factcheck.org/2012/07/biggest-tax-increase-in-history/

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Romney came on and lied. His own advisor already admitted his plan will NOT cover pre existing conditions

Just like Barry is telling people this is affordable health care, but in reality his lawyers argued that is was, in fact, a tax in front of SCOTUS? And, in reality, this will be the largest TAX ever to be FORCED upon the American people? Seriously, now... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN