Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Cry baby Chris Matthews accidentally tells the truth

Posted by   + Show Post

While crying about Obama's lackluster performance in the debate last night Chris Matthews accidentally told the thruth about MSNBC.

"Tonight wasn't an MSNBC debate tonight, was it?" Chris Matthews said after the first Obama-Romney presidential debate concluded on Wednesday night.

"I don't know what he was doing out there. He had his head down, he was enduring the debate rather than fighting it. Romney, on the other hand, came in with a campaign. He had a plan, he was going to dominate the time, he was going to be aggressive, he was going to push the moderator around, which he did effectively, he was going to relish the evening, enjoying it," Matthews said.

"Here's my question for Obama: I know he likes saying he doesn't watch cable television but maybe he should start. Maybe he should start. I don't know how he let Romney get away with the crap he throughout tonight about Social Security," Matthews complained.

Matthews then demanded that President Obama start watching cable news, specifically his program.

"Where was Obama tonight? He should watch -- well, not just Hardball, Rachel, he should watch you, he should watch the Reverend Al [Sharpton], he should watch Lawrence. He would learn something about this debate. There's a hot debate going on in this country. You know where it's been held? Here on this network is where we're having the debate," Matthews said.

"We have our knives out," Matthews said, admitting his network is trying their best to defend Obama and his policies. "We go after the people and the facts. What was he doing tonight? He went in there disarmed."

(continued)

Matthews admit that at MSNBC they attack the people, and the facts, that don't agree with their narrative.  He also admits, with encouragement from Rachel Maddow and Ed Schultz, that MSNBC is in the tank for Obama.   He also indicates that the MSNBC moderators woud be less than impartial, taking a more active role int he debate... perhaps he should learn about debates and the role of the moderator.  

However, his accidental truth is hidden in the litany of lies about Romney and the way he dominated the time and bullied the moderator, when in fact he was respectful.  If you can stomach Chris Matthews in his whiny meltdown the video shows shows it live on air... a far cry from "I've got tingles running down my leg".

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:18 AM
Replies (31-40):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Do you have any numbers to back that up?

Swing state polls from today?

When you get into politics, let me know.

Quoting asfriend:

As it turns out, he is about to send Barack home.

Quoting Sisteract:

It was win or go home for Romney- There's your answer.

Separation of church and state is for the protection of BOTH church and state.
Leading with hate and intolerance only leads to MORE hate and intolerance.
gammie
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
The debates at like watching wrestling, we know the fight is fake they already know who will win and still you think by supporting your guy you will make a difference?

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/156571_429222273803425_1697594787_n.jpg

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

No surprise you love Romney...

Quoting fullxbusymom:

That is my only concern getting that ass hat out of office!! I would vote for cookie monster if it meant Obama wouldn't be our president any longer. Although I do love Romney anyways.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting lga1965:

LOL> I think the President has always looked very Presidential and he is calm and dignified. Romney,on the other hand, looks like a Stepford Man.

As far as looks go ( if you want to be shallow) Obama wins. No contest.

But I prefer action, plans and concern for all Americans and that's where Obama shines. We have no idea what Mitt's plans are, except to get Obama out of the White House . Big whoop.

Quoting candlegal:

Are you actually serious?   I don't think you watched the same debate I did.

Calm cool and Presidential, REALLY?    Thanks, I really needed a good laugh this morning.

Obama hasn't appeared  presidential since the beginning of his term and now he is trying to be, lol   Yeah, okay

Quoting MomTiara19:

Good morning,

I watched the debate last night and I understand what Chris Mathews(love Chris so passionate:) was saying.I am a democrat and understand what strategy Obama was coming from.He was calm,cool,and presidential.

Obama was told not to attack Romney because he would appear to aggressive,unstable,and unpresidential.Remember Obama is the president until the end of his term and must appear so.

Romney held alot of his policies under wraps in detail which is a great strategy for throwing his opponent off at the debate.Obama has always showed his plans in detail for our country openely.Romney threw out his plans and policies in a more generalized point at the debate which left the president having to think quickly and figure out and explain why Romneys figures and fluff still dont match or add up.Romneys approach was just to attack and look more confident.....never mind the full details.Just look at me and believe my big bold ideas so I can get the ax out if I am president.

Romney did alot of flip floping...and to me seemed inconsistent.Are you for medicaid or not,medicaire or not,education or not ...first you arent then you are....his treatment plan is Obama care just with a different name that he created in MA.

If you noticed Obama never once attacked Romney and has alot of ammunition left to do so.You will see a very different debate next time.I feel Obama will bring out the big guns in the next two debates.Romney showed his radical plans.

~Tia

lga1965
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

On our noon ABC News today, they quoted a poll showing that the President won the debate last night.:-) But others , on the Internet, say that it was a tie. A few say Romney won.

LOL. It looks like the first debate was all for nothing!

But I don't care about polls. I do care that Romney has no actual plans.And that he is just a pretentious snob.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Candle, I'm just TOO happy to even take these Liberals serious!!  Things couldn't of turned out any better last night!!  I'm actually still in shock over how embarassing it was to watch Obama.  Liberals here now are going to just say things like this.  But, it's actually SO funny to hear everything that Liberals are saying on here now.  I LOVE IT!!  Attack on Liberals, but it doesn't change the fact, that OBAMA totally embarassed himself, I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the man.  Keep it going Romney!!! YOU can do it!!!!!!!!!!!  If Chris Matthews can say what he said here, WOW that SAYS A LOT!!

Quoting candlegal:

Are you actually serious?   I don't think you watched the same debate I did.

Calm cool and Presidential, REALLY?    Thanks, I really needed a good laugh this morning.

Obama hasn't appeared  presidential since the beginning of his term and now he is trying to be, lol   Yeah, okay

Quoting MomTiara19:

Good morning,

I watched the debate last night and I understand what Chris Mathews(love Chris so passionate:) was saying.I am a democrat and understand what strategy Obama was coming from.He was calm,cool,and presidential.

Obama was told not to attack Romney because he would appear to aggressive,unstable,and unpresidential.Remember Obama is the president until the end of his term and must appear so.

Romney held alot of his policies under wraps in detail which is a great strategy for throwing his opponent off at the debate.Obama has always showed his plans in detail for our country openely.Romney threw out his plans and policies in a more generalized point at the debate which left the president having to think quickly and figure out and explain why Romneys figures and fluff still dont match or add up.Romneys approach was just to attack and look more confident.....never mind the full details.Just look at me and believe my big bold ideas so I can get the ax out if I am president.

Romney did alot of flip floping...and to me seemed inconsistent.Are you for medicaid or not,medicaire or not,education or not ...first you arent then you are....his treatment plan is Obama care just with a different name that he created in MA.

If you noticed Obama never once attacked Romney and has alot of ammunition left to do so.You will see a very different debate next time.I feel Obama will bring out the big guns in the next two debates.Romney showed his radical plans.

~Tia

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Asfriend, I don't know about you, but I'm LOVING this!!  At this point, I don't care what the Liberals are saying on here.  Because, WE ALL know the truth, & they know it too.  So, they have to try to say anything, due to the embarassing debate Obama did.  Ryan will crush Biden!!  It's going to be SO much fun!!  Then, Romney WILL crush Obama again!!  Obama should go back to debating 6th grade level.  For the first time, I'm actually feeling sorry for Obama.

I mean, my gosh it was SO painful to watch Obama debate with Romney.  He seemed lost without his teleprompter!   I recorded it so I can watch it over & over.  I'm SO HAPPY today, that not even CM can spoil that.  I don't have the time to even read any of THEIR posts, because they are just sore losers..and they can't admit how bad Obama is.  I am SO happy......SO happy.....

Quoting asfriend:

I'm sorry, which words did you not know the meaning of?

Quoting lga1965:

What is wrong with you? You never make sense.

Quoting asfriend:

Try to have a nice day in Iga's world today, after that bloodletting, you must feel a little queasy.

Quoting lga1965:

MSNBC and Fox are NOT news channels. Fox is a right wing propaganda machine.MSNBC is tilting to the Left.

WHy anyone watches either of those "News" shows is a mystery.

Don't watch them.

Quoting asfriend:

You seem like a sweet person, but you really have no clue here, at least look at some alternate sources, even Chris Mathews doesn't think MSNBC is a news channel, as he made clear last night, if anyone didn't already know.

Quoting MomTiara19:

Good morning,

~Tia

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:09 PM

NW- Where will the > 1 trillion dollar cuts come from in MR's economic plan? How do those cuts dovetail with the Republican platform and in particular the beliefs regarding taxes? How will those cuts affect the debt load? How does debt affect deficits? Will there be shortfalls? If so, where will that money come from? How does any of this affect jobs?

What causes job formation and business growth?

How competitive is US labor on the global stage?

How about MR's healthcrae plan.

Please explain how MRs healthcare plan is better and more economical for all citizens.

Please supply sources to reinforce your beliefs.

Thanks.

asfriend
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Could you link that, not a single poll out there that isn't at least 65/35 for Romney.

Has anybody heard someone say the country hates Obama, or there is no path to victory for Obama, or he won't win a single swing state,

Wait those were all me.

tick, tick,tick

Quoting lga1965:

On our noon ABC News today, they quoted a poll showing that the President won the debate last night.:-) But others , on the Internet, say that it was a tie. A few say Romney won.

LOL. It looks like the first debate was all for nothing!

But I don't care about polls. I do care that Romney has no actual plans.And that he is just a pretentious snob.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asfriend
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Slip sliding away, slip sliding away.............
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asfriend
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:26 PM
You need help gammie.

Ron Paul is retiring soon, you have to move on.

Quoting gammie:

The debates at like watching wrestling, we know the fight is fake they already know who will win and still you think by supporting your guy you will make a difference?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN