Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Chick-fil-A chief: 'We support biblical families'

Posted by   + Show Post

Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy voiced his support for "biblical families" in one of his first interviews since his earlier comments caused controversy regarding "gay marriage."

Cathy told Atlanta TV station WXIA in an interview released Wednesday that families are important to "those of us who are concerned about being able to hang on to our heritage." 

He added "we support biblical families, and they've always been a part of that."

Cathy made the comments over the weekend at an event at his family's Georgia ranch. 

Cathy kicked up a storm of protest and support this summer with comments opposing same-sex marriage. Tens of thousands of people lined up for hours outside Chick-fil-A restaurants on an "appreciation day."

Homosexuals attempted to counter with their own "kiss-in"protests, but very few showed up to support their effort.

source

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
Billiebeth
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Oh noes! He isn't backing down!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:21 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm glad we don't have a chicken church here. It's a bit creepy.

rfurlongg
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:25 AM
I am completely flabbergasted. Shocked I tell you. Shocked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parentalrights1
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:27 AM
I don't know if he has stopped funding hate groups or not but if he has I would still eat there. Everyone has a right to be stupid
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadedcynic
by NerdyJen on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Don't forget about daughters seducing dad because they think he's the last man on Earth like Lot's daughters.

Quoting mikiemom:

which version of the biblical family the man who marries the woman he raped?

the man who marries his sister-in-law after his brother is dead?

the man who has multiple wives?

It's not really relevant his chicken is still nasty and not good for you.

If someone wants to eat that shit based on his policy of bigotry and hatred, I say go right ahead, as the health problems they will get is a form of Karma.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh yes, I'm sure there are a multitude of biblical marriage scenarios that I have left out.

Quoting jadedcynic:

Don't forget about daughters seducing dad because they think he's the last man on Earth like Lot's daughters.

Quoting mikiemom:

If someone wants to eat that shit based on his policy of bigotry and hatred, I say go right ahead, as the health problems they will get is a form of Karma.

jadedcynic
by NerdyJen on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Quoting mikiemom:

Oh yes, I'm sure there are a multitude of biblical marriage scenarios that I have left out.

Quoting jadedcynic:

Quoting mikiemom:

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Quoting radioheid:

I don't know why people are kicking up such a fuss. This is a private, non-union business. They are free to spew all the bigoted remarks and spend their profits on all the bigoted organizations they want. Don't like it? Don't eat there. Their food is nasty anyway. 

lol

true

p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Eh, the guy who founded it was an old traditional christian. They can support Christian families if they want to, but do not fund hate groups. 

candlegal
by Judy on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:05 PM
2 moms liked this

You are right, just look at some of the comments on here.

Quoting parentalrights1:

I don't know if he has stopped funding hate groups or not but if he has I would still eat there. Everyone has a right to be stupid

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN