Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

If Romney wins I am moving to Canada!!!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

frustrated

I will move.  

that is all I wanted to say 

thank you

what do you think?

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Replies (261-270):
canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Do you mean Liberal or liberal? Because we have a Conservative Party, a Liberal Party, the New Democratic Party, the Green Party, and the Bloc Québécois. All of whom have had representatives in the House of Commons.

We do have some hardcore conservatives, but politically the Conservatives realise that they represent the whole country, and to win an election they need to appeal to more than just the hard core conservatives.

I think that because of our multi party system, in which we can have a minority gov't, our elected officials are more open to cooperation and compromise.

Quoting colljd02:

What are the similarities and differences? What are the similarities and differences with your liberal party as compared to ours as well?

Quoting Randi02:

LOL

Our conservatives up here are nothing compared to the ones in the states.

Quoting Donna6503:

You understand a conservative is running that country too, not going to change much if you go up there anytime soon.

:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:24 PM
No, not moving. I'm biting for Obama but I will ride it out through Romney's reign.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:26 PM
I think this is great and Canada has gotten it right.

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Do you mean Liberal or liberal? Because we have a Conservative Party, a Liberal Party, the New Democratic Party, the Green Party, and the Bloc Québécois. All of whom have had representatives in the House of Commons.

We do have some hardcore conservatives, but politically the Conservatives realise that they represent the whole country, and to win an election they need to appeal to more than just the hard core conservatives.

I think that because of our multi party system, in which we can have a minority gov't, our elected officials are more open to cooperation and compromise.

Quoting colljd02:

What are the similarities and differences? What are the similarities and differences with your liberal party as compared to ours as well?

Quoting Randi02:

LOL

Quoting Donna6503:

You understand a conservative is running that country too, not going to change much if you go up there anytime soon.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:29 PM
I think this is great and Canada has gotten it right.

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Quoting colljd02:

Quoting Randi02:

LOL

Quoting Donna6503:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GLWerth
by Gina on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I'd never move, I'd just work my butt off to get him and his people out of there.

Besides, moving to Canada is a lot harder than you'd think!

GLWerth
by Gina on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:39 PM

A multi-party system is way better than a two party system. There is reason to compromise and find a middle ground on most issues.

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Quoting colljd02:

Quoting Randi02:

LOL

Quoting Donna6503:

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Please call me,we can caravan and I'll pay for gas!

Erimar23
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:16 PM

we have our passports ready.....Canada or Jamaica

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Okay have fun.....Everyone I know is voting for Romney. Although I will seriously cry if Obama wins another term.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ireallydontcare
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I'll help you pack BUH BYE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)