Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

If Romney wins I am moving to Canada!!!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

frustrated

I will move.  

that is all I wanted to say 

thank you

what do you think?

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Replies (221-230):
Trixi.VonLace
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
They may have a million problems, but Romney ain't one.

Quoting Rbrown72707:

Canada has problems too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

they are nothing compared to Americas. what REAL problems do we have that actually affects us? none i can think of.....we have it good here.

Quoting Rbrown72707:

Canada has problems too.

brandydesiree
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh, Red Deer is so pretty. I used to live in Cougar Ridge in Calgary. We have dear friends in Lethbridge.

Quoting jonnlilithsmom:

Our economy in Alberta is pretty good... lots of jobs in the oil fields, and support sectors...

Calgary and Edmonton aren't terribly pretty, IMO, but they're real cities... where I live, in Red Deer, it's simply gorgeous... a smaller city, with all the amenities, but the feel of a small town  :)

you'd be more than welcome

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rbrown72707
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:33 PM

yay you.

Quoting D.O.E.:

they are nothing compared to Americas. what REAL problems do we have that actually affects us? none i can think of.....we have it good here.

Quoting Rbrown72707:

Canada has problems too.

D.O.E.
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

yay canada, it has been able to keep our dollar steady and keep economic growth, create jobs ect in a time when most other countries are facing a financial crisis. yay canada!

Quoting Rbrown72707:

yay you.

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quoting Rbrown72707:

Canada has problems too.

brandydesiree
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:51 PM
I thought Canadian's voted on the House of Commons , then the Governor General chose a Prime Minister from within parliament, with the support of at least half of the parliament. Is that not how it works? I could very well be wrong, but to my knowledge ( and honestly, its not that in depth with Canada's policies) that's what I thought. So, if I am indeed right, you vote counts for less than ours, because the only thing you vote for is half of the parliament, even the senate is appointed, not elected.

Quoting D.O.E.:

our elections in canada are much different than yours; issues such as gay marriage and abortion are NOT on the table,  votes are NOT  bought, and we don;t have some stupid electoral college that undermines the votes of the citizens.  we vote based on who will actually be best for the country. people here change their political stance based on who is running, and their qualifications. and we have CHOICES! a concept which is foreign to americans, no, our candidates don't give out "freebies" they have to prove to canadians that they have a rock solid plan to better our country, and assholes who are in it for the money and have no concern for the citizens, (like micheal ignatieff) are called on their bullshit and no one votes for them. 

we have an actual democratic system here, our votes count. 

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Well sorry to say this, then you better start packing!  Take ALL the Liberals as well!!  But, the thing is in Canada, they don't give away any 'freebies'.....like American does....ROMNEY CRUSHED OBAMA!!!  Obama was embarassing!!!  He didn't have his teleprompter, ummm maybe that's why he did so poorly!!  The debate was MORE than I EVER could image!!!  How WELL it went!!!  I NEVER in my wildest dreams thought Obama could do that poorly!!  I have NEVER seen a Candidate or President look so unprepared, stupid AND EMBARASSED!!  He looked like he didn't want to be there.  He couldn't use his usual 'racist' remarks.  So, without that he is a NOTHING!!!  American......you saw it!!! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:59 PM

it is actually kind of complicated...lol....we vote based on which party best represent our beliefs and interests, for instance, Stephen Harper, leader of the Conservative Party, was elected to the House of Commons as the Member of Parliament for Calgary Southwest. The party won a majority of seats in the last general election and so forms the government, making Harper the Prime Minister of Canada.

we don;t have the same system you do, and the prime ministers actions have to be approved by the house of commons, they are not allowed to go off on their own agenda.

it is complicated, and hard to explain, but it works

Quoting brandydesiree:

I thought Canadian's voted on the House of Commons , then the Governor General chose a Prime Minister from within parliament, with the support of at least half of the parliament. Is that not how it works? I could very well be wrong, but to my knowledge ( and honestly, its not that in depth with Canada's policies) that's what I thought. So, if I am indeed right, you vote counts for less than ours, because the only thing you vote for is half of the parliament, even the senate is appointed, not elected.

Quoting D.O.E.:

our elections in canada are much different than yours; issues such as gay marriage and abortion are NOT on the table,  votes are NOT  bought, and we don;t have some stupid electoral college that undermines the votes of the citizens.  we vote based on who will actually be best for the country. people here change their political stance based on who is running, and their qualifications. and we have CHOICES! a concept which is foreign to americans, no, our candidates don't give out "freebies" they have to prove to canadians that they have a rock solid plan to better our country, and assholes who are in it for the money and have no concern for the citizens, (like micheal ignatieff) are called on their bullshit and no one votes for them. 

we have an actual democratic system here, our votes count. 

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Well sorry to say this, then you better start packing!  Take ALL the Liberals as well!!  But, the thing is in Canada, they don't give away any 'freebies'.....like American does....ROMNEY CRUSHED OBAMA!!!  Obama was embarassing!!!  He didn't have his teleprompter, ummm maybe that's why he did so poorly!!  The debate was MORE than I EVER could image!!!  How WELL it went!!!  I NEVER in my wildest dreams thought Obama could do that poorly!!  I have NEVER seen a Candidate or President look so unprepared, stupid AND EMBARASSED!!  He looked like he didn't want to be there.  He couldn't use his usual 'racist' remarks.  So, without that he is a NOTHING!!!  American......you saw it!!! 

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Hmmm. I seem to do just fine being nice.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Well I'm finally calling it what it is too. This group is all about hatred, put downs, insults, personal attacks, etc. etc.  That's what this group is all about right?  But, I do agree with you though.  That it is sad.  But, I think that's what we ALL have resorted to.  You can't survive on here, being nice.  I tried that, doesn't work.  I believe & I don't care if others disagree, but since Obama has been in office HE HAS pitted each of us together.

Not just here on CM.  But, the whole Country.  I feel THAT is sad.  I voted for him, because I truly believed in him.  I believe he would help bring us ALL together, but instead Obama has PURPOSELY pitted us against one another.  So, IF it's a war that CM & OBAMA wants..ok here it is!  I'm ready

Quoting Peanutx3:

You know I have not seen a liberal come right out and profess their hatred for conservatives.  Besides I call it like I see it when it hits me.  Really try to understand this.  Life is too short.  I feel sorry for those who harbor so much hate and animosity towards strangers or anyone for that matter. 

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Peanutx3, why don't you tell that to any of your other Liberals or other HORRIBLE CMs on here that?  They are the reason why I hate Liberals, life is FULL of hate.  A perfect example is right here on CM.  I hear it everyday.  The hatred that comes out from moms on here, are shocking!!  So, why don't you tell them that?  Those are the moms that NEEDS to be told that...IF you have the courage to tell them...

Quoting Peanutx3:

Sigh.  Life is really too short to live with hatred.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Well my hatred of Liberals, came from on here.  But, my hatred is no different than you & all the other Liberals on here, that says some of the nastiest things I've ever heard before. I didn't feel this way, until I came to CM. So, it works both ways..  No, my daughter is the exception.  She's young & still has time to learn these things.  She just got brainwashed from living up in Berkeley/San Fran. for the past 5 yrs.  When she gets older, she will smarten up.  But, honestly it doesn't matter if she doesn't.  She at least is a SMART Liberal.  Where as all the other Liberals...........ummmm

Quoting shannonnigans:

Hey I'm just curious, since you earlier talked about how badly you wished all liberals would leave the country (twice in fact), does that apply to your daughter? Your hatred never ceases to amaze me.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Last night my daughter text me to ask me if I'm watching the debates.  Well, I told her I'm recording them.  I told her to let me know how it went, when it's over.  She laughed....& said ok.  Funny, thing is she NEVER got back to me.  My daughter went to Berkeley & lives in the area.  So, she's a Liberal unfortunately.  But, her & I never get into any arguments over it.  Her & I respect one another's opinions & thoughts.  I NEVER force my opinions on her.  Because, I want HER to think for herself. 

I always taught me kids to do that.  I agree, I have to bite my tongue at times.  But, that's how my daughter will learn.  Well she NEVER got back to me.  So, I thought ummmm Obama must of done horrible!  Turns out I was right!  I just didn't realize how GREAT Romney would do.  AND how HORRIBLE Obama would do.  I'm going to just wait to hear from her.  I won't put it in her face, because I love her too much.  But, here on CM......well........I LOVE DOING THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Most do. In addition, if this forum is so horrible and one hates many of the others who participate, why not just avoid the forum? Makes no sense-

Quoting Peanutx3:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Well I'm finally calling it what it is too. This group is all about hatred, put downs, insults, personal attacks, etc. etc.  That's what this group is all about right?  But, I do agree with you though.  That it is sad.  But, I think that's what we ALL have resorted to.  You can't survive on here, being nice.  I tried that, doesn't work.  I believe & I don't care if others disagree, but since Obama has been in office HE HAS pitted each of us together.

Not just here on CM.  But, the whole Country.  I feel THAT is sad.  I voted for him, because I truly believed in him.  I believe he would help bring us ALL together, but instead Obama has PURPOSELY pitted us against one another.  So, IF it's a war that CM & OBAMA wants..ok here it is!  I'm ready

Quoting Peanutx3:

You know I have not seen a liberal come right out and profess their hatred for conservatives.  Besides I call it like I see it when it hits me.  Really try to understand this.  Life is too short.  I feel sorry for those who harbor so much hate and animosity towards strangers or anyone for that matter. 

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Peanutx3, why don't you tell that to any of your other Liberals or other HORRIBLE CMs on here that?  They are the reason why I hate Liberals, life is FULL of hate.  A perfect example is right here on CM.  I hear it everyday.  The hatred that comes out from moms on here, are shocking!!  So, why don't you tell them that?  Those are the moms that NEEDS to be told that...IF you have the courage to tell them...

Quoting Peanutx3:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Well my hatred of Liberals, came from on here.  But, my hatred is no different than you & all the other Liberals on here, that says some of the nastiest things I've ever heard before. I didn't feel this way, until I came to CM. So, it works both ways..  No, my daughter is the exception.  She's young & still has time to learn these things.  She just got brainwashed from living up in Berkeley/San Fran. for the past 5 yrs.  When she gets older, she will smarten up.  But, honestly it doesn't matter if she doesn't.  She at least is a SMART Liberal.  Where as all the other Liberals...........ummmm

Quoting shannonnigans:

Hey I'm just curious, since you earlier talked about how badly you wished all liberals would leave the country (twice in fact), does that apply to your daughter? Your hatred never ceases to amaze me.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Last night my daughter text me to ask me if I'm watching the debates.  Well, I told her I'm recording them.  I told her to let me know how it went, when it's over.  She laughed....& said ok.  Funny, thing is she NEVER got back to me.  My daughter went to Berkeley & lives in the area.  So, she's a Liberal unfortunately.  But, her & I never get into any arguments over it.  Her & I respect one another's opinions & thoughts.  I NEVER force my opinions on her.  Because, I want HER to think for herself. 

I always taught me kids to do that.  I agree, I have to bite my tongue at times.  But, that's how my daughter will learn.  Well she NEVER got back to me.  So, I thought ummmm Obama must of done horrible!  Turns out I was right!  I just didn't realize how GREAT Romney would do.  AND how HORRIBLE Obama would do.  I'm going to just wait to hear from her.  I won't put it in her face, because I love her too much.  But, here on CM......well........I LOVE DOING THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Separation of church and state is for the protection of BOTH church and state.
Leading with hate and intolerance only leads to MORE hate and intolerance.
katy_kay08
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Nope, sense is not her superpower.  

Quoting Sisteract:

Most do. In addition, if this forum is so horrible and one hates many of the others who participate, why not just avoid the forum? Makes no sense-

Quoting Peanutx3:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting Peanutx3:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting Peanutx3:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting shannonnigans:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN