Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

If Romney wins I am moving to Canada!!!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

frustrated

I will move.  

that is all I wanted to say 

thank you

what do you think?

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Replies (231-240):
grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Quoting radioheid:

We can call our piano crate & railroad car villages "Romneyvilles", like the poor did with "Hoovervilles" during the Great Depression. lol Our turned out pockets can be "Romney flags", our empty wallets can be "Romney accounts", and our cemeteries can be "Romney Retirement Villages". Eh? Eh? Whaddaya say? lol

Quoting ChicMommy06:

Quoting radioheid:

If Romney wins, his tax cuts will be paid for on the backs of the poor...so nobody will be moving. We'll all be too busy toiling away on our dirt farms, living in railroad cars. lol 

Lmfao!!! I literally just laughed out loud and woke the baby. Thanks! ;) lol

Wow.  You could probably sell that make believe stuff to a network for a soap opera, miss drama queen.

grandma B

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM
LOL

Quoting katy_kay08:

Nope, sense is not her superpower.  

Quoting Sisteract:

Most do. In addition, if this forum is so horrible and one hates many of the others who participate, why not just avoid the forum? Makes no sense-

Quoting Peanutx3:

Hmmm. I seem to do just fine being nice.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Well I'm finally calling it what it is too. This group is all about hatred, put downs, insults, personal attacks, etc. etc.  That's what this group is all about right?  But, I do agree with you though.  That it is sad.  But, I think that's what we ALL have resorted to.  You can't survive on here, being nice.  I tried that, doesn't work.  I believe & I don't care if others disagree, but since Obama has been in office HE HAS pitted each of us together.

Not just here on CM.  But, the whole Country.  I feel THAT is sad.  I voted for him, because I truly believed in him.  I believe he would help bring us ALL together, but instead Obama has PURPOSELY pitted us against one another.  So, IF it's a war that CM & OBAMA wants..ok here it is!  I'm ready

Quoting Peanutx3:

You know I have not seen a liberal come right out and profess their hatred for conservatives.  Besides I call it like I see it when it hits me.  Really try to understand this.  Life is too short.  I feel sorry for those who harbor so much hate and animosity towards strangers or anyone for that matter. 

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Peanutx3, why don't you tell that to any of your other Liberals or other HORRIBLE CMs on here that?  They are the reason why I hate Liberals, life is FULL of hate.  A perfect example is right here on CM.  I hear it everyday.  The hatred that comes out from moms on here, are shocking!!  So, why don't you tell them that?  Those are the moms that NEEDS to be told that...IF you have the courage to tell them...

Quoting Peanutx3:

Sigh.  Life is really too short to live with hatred.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Well my hatred of Liberals, came from on here.  But, my hatred is no different than you & all the other Liberals on here, that says some of the nastiest things I've ever heard before. I didn't feel this way, until I came to CM. So, it works both ways..  No, my daughter is the exception.  She's young & still has time to learn these things.  She just got brainwashed from living up in Berkeley/San Fran. for the past 5 yrs.  When she gets older, she will smarten up.  But, honestly it doesn't matter if she doesn't.  She at least is a SMART Liberal.  Where as all the other Liberals...........ummmm

Quoting shannonnigans:

Hey I'm just curious, since you earlier talked about how badly you wished all liberals would leave the country (twice in fact), does that apply to your daughter? Your hatred never ceases to amaze me.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Last night my daughter text me to ask me if I'm watching the debates.  Well, I told her I'm recording them.  I told her to let me know how it went, when it's over.  She laughed....& said ok.  Funny, thing is she NEVER got back to me.  My daughter went to Berkeley & lives in the area.  So, she's a Liberal unfortunately.  But, her & I never get into any arguments over it.  Her & I respect one another's opinions & thoughts.  I NEVER force my opinions on her.  Because, I want HER to think for herself. 

I always taught me kids to do that.  I agree, I have to bite my tongue at times.  But, that's how my daughter will learn.  Well she NEVER got back to me.  So, I thought ummmm Obama must of done horrible!  Turns out I was right!  I just didn't realize how GREAT Romney would do.  AND how HORRIBLE Obama would do.  I'm going to just wait to hear from her.  I won't put it in her face, because I love her too much.  But, here on CM......well........I LOVE DOING THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:16 PM

someone clearly has anger management issues.  

Quoting NWP:

Wow.....just....wow :(

grandmab125

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:21 PM

And deep issues with our good neighbors to the north.

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting NWP:

grandmab125

New World Peace

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:43 PM

If you include depression, nearly 26% of the adult US population meets the criteria for having mental illness.

Clearly, many are also mothers and perhaps, grandmother too.

People calling others biotches- some who HATE entire groups of people. WTH.

Get some help folks- log off and get some professional help. Some need far more help than online chatting is able to provide.

Quit the sauce and take your prescription meds, if applicable.

shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Don't even equate me with you. I don't hate conservatives. In fact, I don't hate anyone here. And if I was on a website that really made me feel that way (a pathetic rationalization if ever there was one) I'd get off of it as soon as possible. Anyone who celebrates the fact that they hate others who don't share the same views, precisely because they don't share the same views, wow, I'm just stunned. By the way, I'd love to show your daughter some of the stuff you've written and see her cringe. Oh, and it's extremely unlikely she will change her views, get used to it.

Your hostility is just so overwhelming its amazing but I applaud you for at least being honest about it this time, unlike your overt racism.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Well my hatred of Liberals, came from on here.  But, my hatred is no different than you & all the other Liberals on here, that says some of the nastiest things I've ever heard before. I didn't feel this way, until I came to CM. So, it works both ways..  No, my daughter is the exception.  She's young & still has time to learn these things.  She just got brainwashed from living up in Berkeley/San Fran. for the past 5 yrs.  When she gets older, she will smarten up.  But, honestly it doesn't matter if she doesn't.  She at least is a SMART Liberal.  Where as all the other Liberals...........ummmm

Quoting shannonnigans:

Hey I'm just curious, since you earlier talked about how badly you wished all liberals would leave the country (twice in fact), does that apply to your daughter? Your hatred never ceases to amaze me.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Last night my daughter text me to ask me if I'm watching the debates.  Well, I told her I'm recording them.  I told her to let me know how it went, when it's over.  She laughed....& said ok.  Funny, thing is she NEVER got back to me.  My daughter went to Berkeley & lives in the area.  So, she's a Liberal unfortunately.  But, her & I never get into any arguments over it.  Her & I respect one another's opinions & thoughts.  I NEVER force my opinions on her.  Because, I want HER to think for herself. 

I always taught me kids to do that.  I agree, I have to bite my tongue at times.  But, that's how my daughter will learn.  Well she NEVER got back to me.  So, I thought ummmm Obama must of done horrible!  Turns out I was right!  I just didn't realize how GREAT Romney would do.  AND how HORRIBLE Obama would do.  I'm going to just wait to hear from her.  I won't put it in her face, because I love her too much.  But, here on CM......well........I LOVE DOING THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:53 AM
No, that's not how it works. Each party chooses their own leader, any member of the party gets to vote in who will be the leader.

In a federal election each riding has candidates from all the main parties, and quite often fringe parties like the Communist Party. The party who has the most members elected, who wins the most seats (in the House of Commons), has their leader be Prime Minister.

So, the Conservative Party won our last federal election and since Stephen Harper is the leader of that party, he became PM. I personally, not being in his riding, didn't vote for him, but I did vote for our local Conservative candidate.

Where it really gets complicated is when you throw in our multi party system. Before our last federal election we had several years of minority gov't. Basically, the Conservatives had more seats than any other party, but not more than the other parties combined.

That alone makes our politicians more open to compromise and cooperation.

Our senate is appointed, but they also don't have the power yours does. It's a different entity.

Quoting brandydesiree:

I thought Canadian's voted on the House of Commons , then the Governor General chose a Prime Minister from within parliament, with the support of at least half of the parliament. Is that not how it works? I could very well be wrong, but to my knowledge ( and honestly, its not that in depth with Canada's policies) that's what I thought. So, if I am indeed right, you vote counts for less than ours, because the only thing you vote for is half of the parliament, even the senate is appointed, not elected.

Quoting D.O.E.:

our elections in canada are much different than yours; issues such as gay marriage and abortion are NOT on the table,  votes are NOT  bought, and we don;t have some stupid electoral college that undermines the votes of the citizens.  we vote based on who will actually be best for the country. people here change their political stance based on who is running, and their qualifications. and we have CHOICES! a concept which is foreign to americans, no, our candidates don't give out "freebies" they have to prove to canadians that they have a rock solid plan to better our country, and assholes who are in it for the money and have no concern for the citizens, (like micheal ignatieff) are called on their bullshit and no one votes for them. 

we have an actual democratic system here, our votes count. 

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Well sorry to say this, then you better start packing!  Take ALL the Liberals as well!!  But, the thing is in Canada, they don't give away any 'freebies'.....like American does....ROMNEY CRUSHED OBAMA!!!  Obama was embarassing!!!  He didn't have his teleprompter, ummm maybe that's why he did so poorly!!  The debate was MORE than I EVER could image!!!  How WELL it went!!!  I NEVER in my wildest dreams thought Obama could do that poorly!!  I have NEVER seen a Candidate or President look so unprepared, stupid AND EMBARASSED!!  He looked like he didn't want to be there.  He couldn't use his usual 'racist' remarks.  So, without that he is a NOTHING!!!  American......you saw it!!! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ivory_Mom1
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:26 AM

It is not true.  I am a resident of Canada and I can make up to 90k before having to pay taxes to the US. I DO have to file, but I also file a form that exempts that first 90,000.  Not that I make that much, but it DOES exist.

Quoting Sunshine257:

True. Which makes me confused I thought there was an international double tax law. But I have also heard if you make over 95 k in another country you also have to pay taxes to the states.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

You will still owe taxes to the United States.

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Quoting Sisteract:

Sadly, no bump in polls for MR-

Sorry, you struck out there.  They won't have new post debate poll numbers out until Sunday.

grandma B

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting NWP:

grandmab125

It's called getting ticked off when someone from another country sticks her nose into our business, tries to tell us how our country should be run, and and how superior her country is to ours.  I don't go around telling her or any other Canadian that their country is severely deficient and inferior.

Stuck up, know it all snobs always get under my skin.

grandma B

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)