Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Update! Please pray for my baby (piog)

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:59 AM
  • 7 Replies
Brandon is out of surgery and in the PICU, he did well but is in a lot of pain and is NOT happy. So now we watch for any signs of post surgical complications and pray for pain relief for Brandon!

Thank you ladies!

Im posting this for a friend of mine who is on cafemom you know her as notdown4games. Her son is just amazing, he is 8 years old and has already fought more that many adults ever will. Im posting this in a couple of different groups, so forgive me if you see this a couple times.. but the more good wishes and prayers the better! also here I will include some links. Here is her message:

My son is having a very invasive surgery right now. They're inserting a catheter through his spinal column, and into his skull/brain to drain excess cerebro-spinal fluid(and I pray to God finally stop his headaches). It'll take about 2 hours is all goes well. I know ku med is a good hospital, but I'm kind of freaking out. Could everyone please pray that he'll come through this ok? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

What they are doing:
http://www.medtronic.eu/your-health/normal-pressure-hydrocephalus/device/our-shunts/lp-shunts/

Here is a link on the possible complications. bear in mind baby boy does have mild scoliosis so paralysis is something momma is already stressing about :(
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17538378
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

*sending best wishes*

GLWerth
by Gina on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Sending best wishes for him and his mama.

survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Father, be with this mother and her son through this dangerous surgery.  In Jesus name, Amen.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Best wishes!

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM

pagan 2I'll light a candle for him.

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:49 PM

praying!

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:28 PM

praying and good thoughts going out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN