Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Is this the only way to pick our President of the US?

Posted by   + Show Post
By fear?
Most people I have talked to that have voted for Obama can agree is has made things worse, but they can't stand Mitt.

The other side people who are voting for Mitt don't like him or trust him, but they don't want Obama to win.

How can you think we will get the change we need with these two guys that we can all agree they will destroy our country?

I say don't not vote to show the bankers that they can not buy our presidents or vote for 3rd party.

Just don't vote on fear, that will hurt your family and our country.

I'm not voting by the way!

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/156571_429222273803425_1697594787_n.jpg

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
_Kissy_
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
2 party system or 500 party system it does not matter who's elected as president, its the Congress thats voted in.

Once a 3rd party gets elected he/she will be corrupted by Washington politics.
Its easy to look inside from the outside. It changes once they're in the oval office.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gsprofval
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I will admit that originally my vote was for Romney just to get obummer out of office.

However, the more I learn about Romney, the more I like him and what he stands for, so now my vote really IS for Romney, but I still truly want obama out of office. He has been horrible as president.

gammie
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Quoting Bookwormy:

Although I didn't & don't think Obama was the best Dem for the job 4 years ago, I absolutely don't agree that he has hurt the US or will. That assumption is bunk.

Not bunk a all. He hurt the poor with cash for klunkers. People that could not afford a new went and got one, less than a year they lost the new car because they could not afforded it! Now they have NO car.

Bailouts went to the very rich that you hate and they went to the banks with millions. How did this help the poor?
Should I o on?

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/156571_429222273803425_1697594787_n.jpg

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:02 AM

What should I do when the choices aren't appealing?

gammie
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

What should I do when the choices aren't appealing?

Only vote if you think the change will be a big difference. I believe there will be NO difference that is why I will not vote.
And yes I'm not the only that feels this way, most people that I have talk to say they do not trust both candidates so they are not voting.
I have spoken to people who feel they HAVE to vote for someone so they will vote for lesser of two Evils. I believe this way of thinking is how we will never get the change we need.

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Not voting is too passive of a path for me to take

gammie
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Not voting is too passive of a path for me to take

Vote 3rd party, Not evil yet!

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't hate the very rich. I may not like some individuals who are very rich. I know & like some very rich individuals very much. I don't like the politics of some very rich individuals. I do like the politics of a few very rich individuals.

I am an advocate for the poor because I was once very poor. I've been a poor child who was so hungry I ate a raw onion dipped in ketchup. I'm also solidly middle class now. This has been a difficult transition & I've tried to mentor others making this class move. I'm a huge advocate for the working poor. I fight against violence against women & children. And I see a huge problem with poverty & poor/no healthcare in our society & am unclear why we are considered a "1st world" country because of this. My mother died at 47yo because she was an uninsured, tax paying working poor citizen of the US.

Gammie, you don't know me.

Quoting gammie:

Quoting Bookwormy:

Although I didn't & don't think Obama was the best Dem for the job 4 years ago, I absolutely don't agree that he has hurt the US or will. That assumption is bunk.

Not bunk a all. He hurt the poor with cash for klunkers. People that could not afford a new went and got one, less than a year they lost the new car because they could not afforded it! Now they have NO car.

Bailouts went to the very rich that you hate and they went to the banks with millions. How did this help the poor?

Should I o on?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

If some one feels they are voting out of fear they are not informed enough.

Do your research.  If the two candidates do not fit your bill, do your research on the 3rd party.  

Not voting isn't some thing I can agree with.  There are more than the two obvious options available.

Regardless of who says why people are voting they way they are, listen to  yourself and not them.  Make up your own mind.  Do not fall for the 'fear' people are throwing out there much more than the candidates are.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Quoting gammie:

Quoting Bookwormy:

Should I o on?

Explain to me, please............. how is it the President's fault if a person makes the choice to purchase a vehicle they could not afford?

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)