Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I'm not voting Third Party- I'm voting for Big Bird!

Posted by   + Show Post

That's right! I'm voting for Big Bird! 

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Replies (61-70):
mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:02 PM

While I totally agree with you, I'm thinking if Romney has any idea what trillions mean...why is PBS an example of things he would cut?  What about all those rich assholes who don't deserve all their perks?  I'd rather have Big Bird than those guys.

Quoting asfriend:

can someone explain why in 2012 we need a tv network paid for by taxpayers?

Are there not plenty of stations, available?

mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:04 PM
2 moms liked this

ahh...you make a good point.  This really did not occur to me.  Thanks.  I still think it's lame Romney's using PBS as the example of things he would cut.

Quoting OneToughMami:

There are many people who do not have cable. PBS provides a wealth of educational programming and is available without cable.

Quoting asfriend:

Pema_Jampa
by SxyTaco on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Note : Adult language

stephjohn
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:07 PM

LMAO!

viv212
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Isn't it just pennies that get taken out of our checks? I never watch the show but there are people I know that don't have cable and regularly watch PBS.

Quoting asfriend:

We have the Discovery channel, the learning channel, we have many intelligent channels one can order, why should our neighbors pay for us to have intelligent tv?

Quoting lga1965:

PBS is intelligent.

Not your kind of network, huh.

Quoting asfriend:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OneToughMami
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Well he thinks it is only tax payer funded he should probably look into how PBS is funded and why they are needed. Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers are on public television for a reason

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

ahh...you make a good point.  This really did not occur to me.  Thanks.  I still think it's lame Romney's using PBS as the example of things he would cut.

Quoting OneToughMami:

There are many people who do not have cable. PBS provides a wealth of educational programming and is available without cable.

Quoting asfriend:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Yeah that's what I was just thinking...doesn't PBS thrive on contributions from the parents of the children watching it?  I'm guessing a tiny portion of it is funded by the tax payers...and I think Mr. Rogers is dead..just to let ya know.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Well he thinks it is only tax payer funded he should probably look into how PBS is funded and why they are needed. Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers are on public television for a reason

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting asfriend:

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:19 PM
2 moms liked this

If cutting funding to PBS is minimal, why would Romney use PBS as an example?

This is what frustrates me. He has opportunity to really speak about what it is he is all about and he uses PBS as an example of how to cut? *sigh*

mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I'm guessing it's way less than pennies from us.  That's why I think it is so ridiculous of Romney to even mention it.  He's just looking for people to nod their heads in agreement.  Like a cult.

Quoting viv212:

Isn't it just pennies that get taken out of our checks? I never watch the show but there are people I know that don't have cable and regularly watch PBS.

Quoting asfriend:

We have the Discovery channel, the learning channel, we have many intelligent channels one can order, why should our neighbors pay for us to have intelligent tv?

Quoting lga1965:

PBS is intelligent.

Not your kind of network, huh.

Quoting asfriend:

mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:21 PM

lol right?!?  We have some pretty major issues to address.  The American people have questions for these guys...and he's talking about PBS???!!??

Quoting FromAtoZ:

If cutting funding to PBS is minimal, why would Romney use PBS as an example?

This is what frustrates me. He has opportunity to really speak about what it is he is all about and he uses PBS as an example of how to cut? *sigh*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)