Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I'm not voting Third Party- I'm voting for Big Bird!

Posted by   + Show Post

That's right! I'm voting for Big Bird! 

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Replies (71-80):
OneToughMami
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Yeah viewers and grants make up more of their funding than tax payers' precious pennies.

*facepalm* I know Mr. Rogers is dead but his show was still on PBS for a reason....to reach low income kids

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Yeah that's what I was just thinking...doesn't PBS thrive on contributions from the parents of the children watching it?  I'm guessing a tiny portion of it is funded by the tax payers...and I think Mr. Rogers is dead..just to let ya know.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Well he thinks it is only tax payer funded he should probably look into how PBS is funded and why they are needed. Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers are on public television for a reason

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

ahh...you make a good point.  This really did not occur to me.  Thanks.  I still think it's lame Romney's using PBS as the example of things he would cut.

Quoting OneToughMami:

There are many people who do not have cable. PBS provides a wealth of educational programming and is available without cable.

Quoting asfriend:

can someone explain why in 2012 we need a tv network paid for by taxpayers?

Are there not plenty of stations, available?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Fred Rogers may be dead but his legacy lives in Daniels Neighborhood on PBS today.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Yeah that's what I was just thinking...doesn't PBS thrive on contributions from the parents of the children watching it?  I'm guessing a tiny portion of it is funded by the tax payers...and I think Mr. Rogers is dead..just to let ya know.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Well he thinks it is only tax payer funded he should probably look into how PBS is funded and why they are needed. Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers are on public television for a reason

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

ahh...you make a good point.  This really did not occur to me.  Thanks.  I still think it's lame Romney's using PBS as the example of things he would cut.

Quoting OneToughMami:

There are many people who do not have cable. PBS provides a wealth of educational programming and is available without cable.

Quoting asfriend:

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:23 PM

My take on this, Romney, once again, makes that attempt to hit on those who are less fortunate.  At least in his mind.  Meaning, those poor little poor people do not need to be having a television station funded by others and the Govt.  They will never amount to any thing, do for themselves and get out from under the Govt's aid otherwise.

To me, that seems to be his underlying thoughts.

mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Riiiight I get it.  I hope you didn't hit yourself too hard over that one.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Yeah viewers and grants make up more of their funding than tax payers' precious pennies.

*facepalm* I know Mr. Rogers is dead but his show was still on PBS for a reason....to reach low income kids

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting asfriend:

mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:25 PM

That's what I'm thinking...but do you think he realizes it's for low income children?  I didn't until it was pointed out to me.  I'm guessing he has some advisors who would tell him...but maybe not...or maybe they didn't expect him to bring up PBS during such an important debate lol what a tard.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

My take on this, Romney, once again, makes that attempt to hit on those who are less fortunate.  At least in his mind.  Meaning, those poor little poor people do not need to be having a television station funded by others and the Govt.  They will never amount to any thing, do for themselves and get out from under the Govt's aid otherwise.

To me, that seems to be his underlying thoughts.

OneToughMami
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Face palming shouldn't hurt...you just pointed out something painfully obvious lol yet um earlier you said there were plenty of other channels...those other channels do not play Sesame Street or the quality children's programming many look to PBS for...nor do they have cable...just so you know not everyone in America can afford those "other" channels.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting asfriend:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Hmm I never said that...you should read all this crap again lady.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Face palming shouldn't hurt...you just pointed out something painfully obvious lol yet um earlier you said there were plenty of other channels...those other channels do not play Sesame Street or the quality children's programming many look to PBS for...nor do they have cable...just so you know not everyone in America can afford those "other" channels.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting asfriend:

OneToughMami
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:31 PM
No you didn't say it you just agreed that we have other channels lol my bad

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

While I totally agree with you, I'm thinking if Romney has any idea what trillions mean...why is PBS an example of things he would cut?  What about all those rich assholes who don't deserve all their perks?  I'd rather have Big Bird than those guys.

Quoting asfriend:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Yes, I did agree with her.  Then you pointed out that people who don't have cable can watch PBS.  And I said thanks for pointing that out, I did not know that. 

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

While I totally agree with you, I'm thinking if Romney has any idea what trillions mean...why is PBS an example of things he would cut?  What about all those rich assholes who don't deserve all their perks?  I'd rather have Big Bird than those guys.

Quoting asfriend:

mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:34 PM

And I forgive you :)

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Quoting asfriend:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)