Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

How do you feel about Ohians

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:40 PM
  • 30 Replies

Knowing that we'll probably decide the election. I just saw a usatoday commercial that had people standing on a map of the US wearing red, right and blue. They pulled out people wearing red and blue away and just left the people in white standing in the swing states. I usually complain about all the phone calls and mailings I get but I guess it's nice that my state is being fought over where others are being ignored. Just curious on how people in red or blue states feel about this election and do you feel like your vote means less depending on the state you're in? 

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I already know who will win California, but I'm still voting for who I think is best. 

As for Ohioans... I love Ohio... My family are all Ohioans :)

rfurlongg
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:43 PM
4 moms liked this
Honestly? I think we should have direct elections. Electoral colleges are antiquated. If we had direct elections, swings states would not be such a big deal and 3rd parties would have a bigger voice. Jmho.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

I already know who will win California, but I'm still voting for who I think is best. 

I use to live in California and I must admit, voting didn't seem quite as special when I was out there. 

survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting rfurlongg:

Honestly? I think we should have a direct elections. Electoral colleges are antiquated. If we had direct elections, swings states would be such a big deal and 3rd parties would have a bigger voice. Jmho.

I totally agree.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

radioheid
by Libertarian on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I'm an Ohioan. 

I'm voting for Gary Johnson.

No one has asked me or anyone I know for our opinions or feedback. All this election has done thus far is clog up traffic when one of the two (or their VP) shows up. People could hardly get a damn hotdog at the Original Hot Dog Shoppe when Ryan came through there last month...lol

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Quoting rfurlongg:

Honestly? I think we should have direct elections. Electoral colleges are antiquated. If we had direct elections, swings states would not be such a big deal and 3rd parties would have a bigger voice. Jmho.

It does seem like people are a lot angrier when they find out that you're not only voting third party but you're also in a swing state. I should find out the link from my friend but he gave me a site that said Ohio has a 30% chance of deciding this election. 

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

I use to live in California and I must admit, voting didn't seem quite as special when I was out there. 

Yeah, it's not like election results are really a big surprise out here...

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Quoting radioheid:

I'm an Ohioan. 

No one has asked me or anyone I know for our opinions or feedback. All this election has done thus far is clog up traffic when one of the two (or their VP) shows up. People could hardly get a damn hotdog at the Original Hot Dog Shoppe when Ryan came through there last month...lol

You're not getting all the phone calls for polls or automated messages? 

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Yeah, it's not like election results are really a big surprise out here...

At least youre not up too late on election night. :)

radioheid
by Libertarian on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Negative.

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting radioheid:

I'm an Ohioan. 

You're not getting all the phone calls for polls or automated messages? 

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)