Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Abortion is illegal in my country...not right!!! opinions???

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM
  • 10 Replies

Well abortion is illegal in my country but i found myself pregnant after I was sexually assaulted and the morning after pill failed. i was devestated. Im a single parent already and im a year away from getting my degree and getting off welfare finally wen I can start a career. Another kid would have put me on welfare forever and I mite aswell say goodbye to my career.

anyways I cudnt sleep, eat, work or think about anything else. I knew I cudnt go thru with the pregnancy.I punched my stomach, overdosed on stomach ulcer pills, starved myself, I tryed everything to get rid of it but nothing worked but then I ordered abortion pills online and Im delighted they actually worked!!!!

I am so angry at my government, at the lawmakers and everyone for all the stress I went thru. If these pills didnt work I was going to use the clothes hanger, I was planning to google a method on aborting with a clothes hanger and hoped it worked but thankfully I never had to do it.

My question here is...what is your opinion on legalising abortion in countries or states where it is illegal??

In my opinion the only thing illegal abortion does is make it a viable option for women to perform home abortions that are unsafe and can kill the women.

Im a criminal, a drug smuggler, an abortionist...all these negative things that go with having an abortion in my country. I cant get abortion after care and none of the hospitals or doctors are trained in abortion so if I have an infection I would be terofied of going to the doctors incase there call the police on me

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
preemiemommy
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:09 PM
I could see this gettin very ugly very fast. :(

Ill just say I'm sorry you had to go through that, and walk away :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Agreed. And op, Sorry for what you had to go through.

Quoting preemiemommy:

I could see this gettin very ugly very fast. :(

Ill just say I'm sorry you had to go through that, and walk away :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parentalrights1
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:23 PM
I'm sorry that happened. Ignore the obligatory atupid bitches that will show up. Disregard them completely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry. Which country is it? I think it should be legal everywhere because it is one way to regain control over our own bodies. Even if you never have one or wasn't one, the option should be there because life has a habit of sucking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:07 PM

good lord woman, where do you live?!

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I think abortions should be legal.  It's a choice a woman needs to make for herself and the government should not impede on that choice.

xxbabigurlxx
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Quoting AdrianneHill:

I'm sorry. Which country is it? I think it should be legal everywhere because it is one way to regain control over our own bodies. Even if you never have one or wasn't one, the option should be there because life has a habit of sucking.

Its Ireland I live in, too religious and this topic to too taboo. its not rite that I have to go thru this alone and all the pro lifers in this country protesting and puting billboards up saying abortion tears lives apart etc

D.O.E.
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

i am so sorry, this is one of the reasons i don;t think politics and religion should mix.

Quoting xxbabigurlxx:

Quoting AdrianneHill:

Its Ireland I live in, too religious and this topic to too taboo. its not rite that I have to go thru this alone and all the pro lifers in this country protesting and puting billboards up saying abortion tears lives apart etc

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Making abortion illegal will not stop abortion.

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:56 PM
I'm sorry. I have real problems with Ireland's policies in the first place. A young girl was sexually assaulted and got pregnant. Her parents wanted an abortion and she couldn't get one there. Somehow the government found out and refused to let her leave the country with her parents because they serious she was going to commit murder in the other country by having an abortion. This happened a long time ago and I don't remember if the international outcry was so huge that the government relented or if they dragged it out so long she had to give birth. Either way it was an awful story and I thought they had no right to punish her again for being raped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN