Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

A genuine question to those who support Romney.

Posted by   + Show Post

I've asked this is a few threads but no one seems to want to answer.

What, in your opinion, did Romney offer last night that should have been helpful to some one undecided?  

I realize the time was restricted but what did he offer to Americans?

Specifics, not just his back and forth on how he feels about the current Administration.

This has nothing to do with the President.

What did I not hear last night that Romney has to offer America?

Notice I said last night................I am speaking specifically of what he offered during the debate.  Not at any other time.

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Replies (161-170):
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this

More on what Romney has to offer America:

Obama plans to increase taxes from 35% to 40% on small businesses.  Romney will cut taxes for small businesses.  Under Obama small businesses are looking to move their business out of this Country. Nat. Business Assoc. said Obamacare kills 700K jobs with the tax on small businesses. Romney's priorities is JOBS.  Romney wants us 'Energy Independant', so he wants to invest in Coal Clean Energy.  Education is key & training programs for Romney.  He wants schools to be 'graded' & to have parents be able to take their kids to schools that are better.  Obama wants to raise taxes on the Middle Class.  Where as Romney doesn't want to raise taxes on ANYONE.  He will eliminate loopholes & deductions on the higher income people. 

Romney wants us energy independant.  Creating 4M jobs.  More trading to Countries in Latin America.  Crack down on China if they cheat.  Make sure we have the best training in the world, great jobs, higher salaries. Balance the budget.  Help small businesses.  

Energy - Oil Co's get tax breaks, 2.8B a yr. from the Dept. of Energy.  In 1 yr. tax break for Obama's Green Energy Co's got 90B. Which 1/2 went out of business.  Romney will have good programs be more efficient, drop the programs that aren't working.  Gov. workers cutbacks & combine depts. 

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:56 AM

I'll take Fantasyland for 100, Alex:

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Well Sister, obviously the way Obama has done things hasn't worked.  Given 4 more yrs. will just get us into more debt & borrowing from China.  Obama has offered NO PLAN AT ALL!!  Obama knows NOTHING about the Economy, Jobs and how it works.  That's why we are in the shape we are in now.  Because, of HIS politices.  You know one doesn't have to just look at the facts/evidence/stats. on all this.  Just look around you & that tells the story.  Millions & millions of people are out of work. 

So, you can debate me all your want, but it doesn't change that fact.  Obama just fixes it, with spending more & more money.  Our Credit Rating has drop within 1 yr!!  Romney won the debate Sister.  You can argue all you want, but he won.  Even in our State Sister, Liberals are agreeing that Romney won.  He my "Liberal" daughter from up North has said Romney won.  SO, Romney surely got A LOT of people listening.

All he needs us the Independant Voters in order to win.  Within 5 mins. or so into the Debate, people went on to Reg. as a REP!!  That to me, says a lot.  Romney makes perfect sense in EVERYTHING he has said, that's why Obama had NOTHING to say.  That's why Obama just stood there & listen.  HE KNEW Romney was on to something.  Ryan is going to CRUSH Biden.  Romney will also do WELL in the other 2 debates.  & why?  Because, Romney understands how the Economy & jobs work.  Obama doesn't. 

Quoting Sisteract:

Mathematically impossible.

Global economy-

Job growth expands because of customer/consumer demand for goods and service- Presidents do not produce jobs- lowering taxes does not cause job growth.

American Labor is not competitve in a global market.

MR blew smoke and some bought it.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Facts on why Obama is not good for America: & what Romney said in the Debates that he will do to turn things around.

14.6% - IS the true number of our unemployment.  Obama doesn't include all those that have given up looking.  Plus, all those that their unemployment benefits ran out. 

23.2M - People are looking for jobs

Less jobs were created in 2012 (so far) than in 2011.  Less jobs were created 2011, then in 2010.  Each yr. is getting worse.  If things continue on this path, it will take UNTIL 2025 to get caught up, under Obama.  Obama DIDN'T have a plan while talking in the debates.  Romney clearly laid out his plan.  Balance Budget, helps our economy grow, more jobs, more people working, paying taxes helps our economy, more jobs/more competition, raises wages.  More jobs, fewer people needing PA, more taxes, helps us pay back our debt.

63.6% Americans are working, lowest since Carter. Worse economy since WWII. 

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:07 AM

You joke & attack all you want Sister, because that's ALL you have.  That's all Obama has.  He has his BASE voters, & you & I know who that is.  Obama has been a complete failure as a President.  Whether or not he wins or loses.  He IMO will go down to the worse President ever.  That was quite obvious during the Debate & I don't think he will do much better in the next 2. 

The only way Obama can improve, is by lies & dirty politics.  Which that's all he has.  But, Romney will be prepared for that.  Romney will continue to CRUSH Obama in debates & the American people are going to REALLY SEE Obama for once.  I think my daughter is beginning to see that.  She saw the debates.  She had nothing to say, except that Romney was good. 

Quoting Sisteract:

I'll take Fantasyland for 100, Alex:

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this

NW- you refuse to debate this topic.

I have asked you multiple ?s that you ignore- these require thinking and processing information and reaching a plausible conclusion- you ignore such.

Copy and pasting fabricated, fake, non mathematically plausible information only makes you look uneducated, sorry.

Econ 101- take a class, google the subject, get a book from your LL- read up.

MR is blowing smoke and you're buying it.

His plan is akin to W's plan- remember what happened to the economy on W's watch?

We're still digging out 4 years later.

HeathersForever
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Good answer. Ya know if the republicans had actually picked him they may not have hung themselves this election. As it is I am betting Obama is gonna win, I want him to win, I'm just saying the republicans had a decent candidate but what did they do? They passed on him for a moron!

Quoting funnymommy71:

RON PAUL.........

Quoting HeathersForever:

Is that enough to "hook" you? Because if it is the only reason you want to vote for someone you should look at the third parties and actually back someone you believe in and not someone you hate just hate less.

Quoting Paperfishies:

The only thing Romney has to offer, is that he isn't Obama.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Corporate Tax Cuts Don't Stimulate Job Growth

June 20, 2011 RSS Feed Print

Prevailing conservative wisdom dictates that businesses need tax cuts—and investors need capital gains tax cuts—to get the economy moving. But two very well-executed articles on wages and taxes published recently suggest that targeting tax cuts at business executives may do little to improve the dismalunemployment picture.

[Check out a roundup of political cartoons on the economy.]

The Washington Post offers a startling analysis of income disparity, noting that the gap between the very rich and the rest of us has grown dramatically in the past few decades, reaching current levels that have not been seen since the Great Depression. In 2008, thePost reports, the top one-tenth of one percent of earners took in more than a tenth of the personal income in the United States. But the moneyed class is not dominated by professional athletes or big-name artistic performers or even hedge fund managers, thePost found. Instead, it is due to a big increase in executive compensation, even as real wages for some of their workers have dropped:

The top 0.1 percent of earners make about $1.7 million or more, including capital gains. Of those, 41 percent were executives, managers and supervisors at non-financial companies, according to the analysis, with nearly half of them deriving most of their income from their ownership in privately-held firms. An additional 18 percent were managers at financial firms or financial professionals at any sort of firm. In all, nearly 60 percent fell into one of those two categories.

The New York Times has a fascinating story that serves as an unwitting companion piece to thePost story. Corporate executives, the paper reports, are clamoring for a tax holiday to encourage them to bring their offshore profits back to the United States. And the money in question is big, the Times notes: Apple has $12 billion in offshore cash, while Google has $17 billion, and Microsoft, $29 billion. The companies with money sitting offshore argue that if the federal government were to offer them a huge tax break—say, a one-year drop from 35 percent to 5.25 percent—the businesses would bring the money home and operate as a private-sector economic stimulus. [See a slide show of the top 10 cities to find a job.]

However, the Times notes:

(T)hat’s not how it worked last time. Congress and the Bush administration offered companies a similar tax incentive, in 2005, in hopes of spurring domestic hiring and investment, and 800 took advantage. Though the tax break lured them into bringing $312 billion back to the United States, 92 percent of that money was returned to shareholders in the form of dividends and stock buybacks, according to a study by the nonpartisan National Bureau of Economic Research.

Who needs a tax cut, then? The U.S. economy is very much consumer-driven; companies aren’t hiring, many business owners say, because people aren’t buying. The past behavior of corporations that have received huge tax cuts has not necessarily been to use the money to hire more people; the Bush-era tax cuts have been in place for a decade, and the unemployment rate is still 9.1 percent. And executive compensation has grown. Executives may feel entitled to earn more and more if their companies are doing well and expanding. But without customers, those companies will go bust.

Corporate Tax Cuts Don't Stimulate Job Growth

June 20, 2011 RSS Feed Print

Prevailing conservative wisdom dictates that businesses need tax cuts—and investors need capital gains tax cuts—to get the economy moving. But two very well-executed articles on wages and taxes published recently suggest that targeting tax cuts at business executives may do little to improve the dismalunemployment picture.

[Check out a roundup of political cartoons on the economy.]

The Washington Post offers a startling analysis of income disparity, noting that the gap between the very rich and the rest of us has grown dramatically in the past few decades, reaching current levels that have not been seen since the Great Depression. In 2008, thePost reports, the top one-tenth of one percent of earners took in more than a tenth of the personal income in the United States. But the moneyed class is not dominated by professional athletes or big-name artistic performers or even hedge fund managers, thePost found. Instead, it is due to a big increase in executive compensation, even as real wages for some of their workers have dropped:

The top 0.1 percent of earners make about $1.7 million or more, including capital gains. Of those, 41 percent were executives, managers and supervisors at non-financial companies, according to the analysis, with nearly half of them deriving most of their income from their ownership in privately-held firms. An additional 18 percent were managers at financial firms or financial professionals at any sort of firm. In all, nearly 60 percent fell into one of those two categories.

The New York Times has a fascinating story that serves as an unwitting companion piece to thePost story. Corporate executives, the paper reports, are clamoring for a tax holiday to encourage them to bring their offshore profits back to the United States. And the money in question is big, the Times notes: Apple has $12 billion in offshore cash, while Google has $17 billion, and Microsoft, $29 billion. The companies with money sitting offshore argue that if the federal government were to offer them a huge tax break—say, a one-year drop from 35 percent to 5.25 percent—the businesses would bring the money home and operate as a private-sector economic stimulus. [See a slide show of the top 10 cities to find a job.]

However, the Times notes:

(T)hat’s not how it worked last time. Congress and the Bush administration offered companies a similar tax incentive, in 2005, in hopes of spurring domestic hiring and investment, and 800 took advantage. Though the tax break lured them into bringing $312 billion back to the United States, 92 percent of that money was returned to shareholders in the form of dividends and stock buybacks, according to a study by the nonpartisan National Bureau of Economic Research.

Who needs a tax cut, then? The U.S. economy is very much consumer-driven; companies aren’t hiring, many business owners say, because people aren’t buying. The past behavior of corporations that have received huge tax cuts has not necessarily been to use the money to hire more people; the Bush-era tax cuts have been in place for a decade, and the unemployment rate is still 9.1 percent. And executive compensation has grown. Executives may feel entitled to earn more and more if their companies are doing well and expanding. But without customers, those companies will go bust.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Terrible GOP choice, again!

Quoting HeathersForever:

Good answer. Ya know if the republicans had actually picked him they may not have hung themselves this election. As it is I am betting Obama is gonna win, I want him to win, I'm just saying the republicans had a decent candidate but what did they do? They passed on him for a moron!

Quoting funnymommy71:

RON PAUL.........

Quoting HeathersForever:

Is that enough to "hook" you? Because if it is the only reason you want to vote for someone you should look at the third parties and actually back someone you believe in and not someone you hate just hate less.

Quoting Paperfishies:

The only thing Romney has to offer, is that he isn't Obama.

Separation of church and state is for the protection of BOTH church and state.
Leading with hate and intolerance only leads to MORE hate and intolerance.
motherslove82
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Actually, he was talking about the loopholes that the rich use to pay lower taxes. It's not raising taxes, it's just keeping them from wiggling out of what they are already supposed to pay.

Quoting Sisteract:

Nope-

He wouldn't state the loopholes because:

That would be admitting that he's raising taxes on some

He'd PO more potential voters.

So does he really have a facts based, mathematically viable plan or not?

He is a fabricator (dishonest)- having NO plan or

Is he afraid to PO people because of his plan- is that a character asset?

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Cutting taxes.

He mentioned doing away with loopholes.  WHICH loopholes?  Does any one know?

Any thing else or is cutting taxes it?  

That is all he had to offer last night???

Meadowchik
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sisteract:

NW- you refuse to debate this topic.

I have asked you multiple ?s that you ignore- these require thinking and processing information and reaching a plausible conclusion- you ignore such.

Copy and pasting fabricated, fake, non mathematically plausible information only makes you look uneducated, sorry.

Econ 101- take a class, google the subject, get a book from your LL- read up.

MR is blowing smoke and you're buying it.

His plan is akin to W's plan- remember what happened to the economy on W's watch?

We're still digging out 4 years later.

You still have Obama running trillion dollar deficits every year with the same projected for the next 4 years.  Between his plan and Romney's, Obama's is proven to be mathematically impossible.

Where's your anger?

The most pressing social issue today is the economy

Visit Mitt Romney for President, CafeMom Group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN