Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A genuine question to those who support Romney.

Posted by   + Show Post

I've asked this is a few threads but no one seems to want to answer.

What, in your opinion, did Romney offer last night that should have been helpful to some one undecided?  

I realize the time was restricted but what did he offer to Americans?

Specifics, not just his back and forth on how he feels about the current Administration.

This has nothing to do with the President.

What did I not hear last night that Romney has to offer America?

Notice I said last night................I am speaking specifically of what he offered during the debate.  Not at any other time.

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Replies (171-180):
Meadowchik
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Naturewoman4:

More on what Romney has to offer America:

Obama plans to increase taxes from 35% to 40% on small businesses.  Romney will cut taxes for small businesses.  Under Obama small businesses are looking to move their business out of this Country. Nat. Business Assoc. said Obamacare kills 700K jobs with the tax on small businesses. Romney's priorities is JOBS. 

I don't know about the underlined but I agree with the rest.

Romney wants us 'Energy Independant', so he wants to invest in Coal Clean Energy.  Education is key & training programs for Romney.  He wants schools to be 'graded' & to have parents be able to take their kids to schools that are better.  Obama wants to raise taxes on the Middle Class.  Where as Romney doesn't want to raise taxes on ANYONE.  He will eliminate loopholes & deductions on the higher income people. 

Agree on all counts.

Romney wants us energy independant.  Creating 4M jobs.  More trading to Countries in Latin America.  Crack down on China if they cheat.  Make sure we have the best training in the world, great jobs, higher salaries. Balance the budget.  Help small businesses.  

Agree.

Energy - Oil Co's get tax breaks, 2.8B a yr. from the Dept. of Energy.  In 1 yr. tax break for Obama's Green Energy Co's got 90B. Which 1/2 went out of business.  Romney will have good programs be more efficient, drop the programs that aren't working.  Gov. workers cutbacks & combine depts. 

I think that the some is mistated regarding the 90 bill.  Romney said 90 billion was spent on green jobs, then that half of businesses invested in failed.  Romney's point was that Obama invested badly in many businesses, where crony capitalism was also at issue regarding Obama's contributers. 

I do agree that because of his business sense Romney will be smarter than Obama about issuing federal loan guarantees and grants.  The major difference here between the two is Obama's head for business, that he would be less likely to throw money away at bad business models. 

The most pressing social issue today is the economy

Visit Mitt Romney for President, CafeMom Group

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this

What I realize, is that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting Sisteract:

NW- How will MR himself increase the number of jobs in America? What kind of jobs? What will the wages be? Will there be any benefits involved? Please explain what stimulates job creation and growth. Thanks-

Great questions.

To the Romney supporters who cite his business experience as one of the reasons why you think he will do a better job with the economy, here is my question:

Do you know what kind of business Mitt was actually in, where he gained his "experience?"  Do you realize he specialized in the OPPOSITE of job creation?

Element5
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:17 AM
I trust a man that's good at his job a lot faster then a group organizer.

If current president couldn't even stop for a day campaigning to give a briefing on the death of 4 Americans ... This is just a spit in the face!! And did everyone forget the church he attended..?! Pastor Wright?! This doesn't piss people off??!! He attended the church for 20 years.. And feeding us bull that he never heard a "hate" speech??!! Maybe he should check his ears!
Donna6503
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:19 AM
Nice try Sweetie, nice try.

;)

Quoting Lissa0985:

Gee, Whatever Donna .... Too darn silly to respond to such nonsense.

Quoting Donna6503:

This is how I feel, as a democrat

Yes Romney won the debate; he did what had to be done. I'll give him credit, most of the "fact checks" done by different news organizations have a basic 50/50 split between the two candidates in regards to actually "facts." which means rhetoric on each side can find a silver lining of truth.

Still, for some years now; the right has been telling us, just because Obama is a good speaker and seems nice doesn't make him a good president; well, just because Romney won a debate doesn't mean he will give US a good government.

While tax reform, isn't the same as a tax cut, than why tell me it will provide the same benefits as a tax cut.

So you want clean coal; but sorry, Romney becoming president isn't going to magically turn the coal clean. I wonder how many "winners" Romney will pick in getting the coal clean.

I could go on; but, the point being ... It was a debate and it will be soon forgotten. I don't think you or anyone should expect the next three debates ( one being the VP debate ) to produce the same results as the last one.

In the end: when (if) Obama wins none of you folks on the right better say, "Oh, we just needed a better candidate." Because; the way you folks are gloating, there is no better guy out there for you

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Cutting taxes historically has created booms, as evident in 1925, 1965 and 1985.  The problem is that the government tends to forget the other half of the equation.  Cutting spending.  No matter how you slice it,  America is still the best place in the world to do business.  We have relative security, an educated work force, and a large consumer base.  The tax code and strangling regulations are what keep business away.

Quoting Sisteract:

Mathematically impossible.

Global economy-

Job growth expands because of customer/consumer demand for goods and service- Presidents do not produce jobs- lowering taxes does not cause job growth.

American Labor is not competitve in a global market.

MR blew smoke and some bought it.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Facts on why Obama is not good for America: & what Romney said in the Debates that he will do to turn things around.

14.6% - IS the true number of our unemployment.  Obama doesn't include all those that have given up looking.  Plus, all those that their unemployment benefits ran out. 

23.2M - People are looking for jobs

Less jobs were created in 2012 (so far) than in 2011.  Less jobs were created 2011, then in 2010.  Each yr. is getting worse.  If things continue on this path, it will take UNTIL 2025 to get caught up, under Obama.  Obama DIDN'T have a plan while talking in the debates.  Romney clearly laid out his plan.  Balance Budget, helps our economy grow, more jobs, more people working, paying taxes helps our economy, more jobs/more competition, raises wages.  More jobs, fewer people needing PA, more taxes, helps us pay back our debt.

63.6% Americans are working, lowest since Carter. Worse economy since WWII. 

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Quoting colljd02:

Are you saying Obamacare will cost everyone 2.5 grand a year through raised taxes, or cost the ones who are signing up for it?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting starry_dreamer:

Don't they both want to do that?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Cut taxes in order to grow the economy.  That's what he said

CUT TAXES!

Are you kidding?! Honey, Obama said he plans to INCREASE taxes! I cannot afford 4 more years of him. And that Obamacare you're waiting for? You realize that's gonna cost ya another 2 and a half grand a year, don't you?

It will be for all.  I am opting out of Obamacare and will pay the FINE. 

PurdueMom
by Sherri on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Quoting toomanypoodles:

[...]   I am opting out of Obamacare and will pay the FINE. 

..... So you are dropping your health insurance just to make a point?

Sherri

jesusismyfriend
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Quoting toomanypoodles:

Cut taxes in order to grow the economy.  That's what he said

CUT TAXES!

Yup Andrew Jackson did this. He allowed the free market to work and because of that more jobs were created and the debt got paid off.
Gracesgma
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

And when Romney cuts taxes, what happens to those things, like infrastructure, that are supported by taxes? We've seen what cutting taxes without viable revenue alternatives does to the economy. What Romney did in Massachusetts was to cut taxes.  However, when it became apparent that the state was running into financial trouble, Gov. Romney then imposed "fees" on services and people who used those services. I guess if you use the word "fees" it's better than "taxes" but I don't see it.  Ever check your utility bill and see all the "fees" you have to pay. What I did see was a glimmer of the bully that held a student down and cut his hair, his refusal to "play by the rules" of the debate. The real eye opener was his veiled threat to Jim Lehrer and BIG BIRD. "I'll cut off NPR funding!" The bully implying that if Lehrer doesn't do what Romney wants he will be without a job. 

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Quoting Carpy:

What I realize, is that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting Sisteract:

NW- How will MR himself increase the number of jobs in America? What kind of jobs? What will the wages be? Will there be any benefits involved? Please explain what stimulates job creation and growth. Thanks-

Great questions.

To the Romney supporters who cite his business experience as one of the reasons why you think he will do a better job with the economy, here is my question:

Do you know what kind of business Mitt was actually in, where he gained his "experience?"  Do you realize he specialized in the OPPOSITE of job creation?

Really?  Then why don't you tell us what his business specialized in, then?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured