Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

A genuine question to those who support Romney.

Posted by   + Show Post

I've asked this is a few threads but no one seems to want to answer.

What, in your opinion, did Romney offer last night that should have been helpful to some one undecided?  

I realize the time was restricted but what did he offer to Americans?

Specifics, not just his back and forth on how he feels about the current Administration.

This has nothing to do with the President.

What did I not hear last night that Romney has to offer America?

Notice I said last night................I am speaking specifically of what he offered during the debate.  Not at any other time.

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Replies (31-40):
motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this

People were the best financially during Clinton, true story......I know some people like to toss opinion around and say fact, when it's not, but please check facts....

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Iconoclast:

Quoting Paperfishies:

The only thing Romney has to offer, is that he isn't Obama.

Had a conversation with a friend and pointed out that this is all I have seen Mitt do.  I saw that someone mentioned cutting taxes what president hasn't said that mouthful?  And better question who has actually had the ability to do so?

Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton after he jacked them way up, and was forced to lower them again, or lose re-election, George W. Bush....all lowered taxes.

radioheid
by Libertarian on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:26 AM
9 moms liked this
I haven't met a single undecided voter who was sold on Romney after the debate. If anything, my sister and husband were so disgusted with his inability to follow the rules of debate that they are considering Obama. Can you imagine how his behavior would affect us on the international stage? Interrupting and talking over people constantly, mixed with lies and half-truths? That's all my family has talked about, and we're practically all fiscal conservatives. His personality is sickening. He belongs on one of those conservative talk shows where they all rabble over each other. The GOP needed Jon Huntsman.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danandsamsmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I learned that when he was governor of Massachusetts he was able to work "across the aisle"  with his legislature that was 87% Democrats.

HeathersForever
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:15 AM
Is that enough to "hook" you? Because if it is the only reason you want to vote for someone you should look at the third parties and actually back someone you believe in and not someone you hate just hate less.

Quoting Paperfishies:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

People were the best financially during Clinton, true story......I know some people like to toss opinion around and say fact, when it's not, but please check facts....

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Iconoclast:

Quoting Paperfishies:

Had a conversation with a friend and pointed out that this is all I have seen Mitt do.  I saw that someone mentioned cutting taxes what president hasn't said that mouthful?  And better question who has actually had the ability to do so?

Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton after he jacked them way up, and was forced to lower them again, or lose re-election, George W. Bush....all lowered taxes.

Obviously, you don't know your facts.  Look up the tax rates under each president.  Clinton jacked them up, then finally signed the "Contract for America" which was worked out behind closed doors with Newt Gingrich which reformed welfare, and lowered the taxes....just months before the election.  Otherwise, he wouldn't have gotten re-elected.  Clinton benefited from several things, i.e., there were no wars going on, and it was the height of the tech boom.

And you're ignoring that I corrected your misinformation "who actually had the ability to do so?".  I told you three presidents who did.

grandma B

HeathersForever
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:17 AM
Oops I scrolled down and saw this. Smart move. I can't believe how many people refuse to vote third party simply because they hate Obama and Romney but they hate Obama more. Good for you for standing up for someone you believe in!

Quoting Paperfishies:

Both Romney and Obama are the same. Both empty suits full of empty promises.

I'm voting for Gary Johnson.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Paperfishies:

It may have been that way for a lot of conservatives...until last night.

He hooked me.  I'm fully in his camp now. 

Running to get my checkbook now. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeathersForever
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Well Bush did rich people tax cuts didn't he? I'm sure if Mittens got in office he would try the same while screwing the middle class is apparently at least 200,000 thousand a year lol

Quoting Iconoclast:

Quoting Paperfishies:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeathersForever
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:21 AM
Ehh remember most of his plans are "top secret" they are too good!

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Cutting taxes.

He mentioned doing away with loopholes.  WHICH loopholes?  Does any one know?

Any thing else or is cutting taxes it?  

That is all he had to offer last night???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeathersForever
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:23 AM
State's rights? And yet he wants to make an ammendment making gay marriage illegal in all states which is currently a state's rights issue. Kinda makes him seem like a liar...

Quoting cammibear:

Repeal Obamacare

Emphasis on states rights and 10th Amendment

His Record in a Democratic state working bi-partisanly

His comment about programs/spending criteria - if it's not worth going into debt with China then it should go (something like that)

His ability to understand that government does not create jobs

His focus on job creation and creating revenue through new jobs, not raising taxes

He came across as a leader

He looked directly in the eyes of his opponent

His support of vouchers

His wit and humor

These are just some of the things off the top of my head that I think people liked about him last night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadedcynic
by NerdyJen on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:23 AM
2 moms liked this

The strongest times in our nations economy were when we had top tax rates of 50% and higher.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN