Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Morning News...poll

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:32 AM
  • 32 Replies

Poll

Question: For those that watch a broadcast channel morning news show, which one do you prefer?

Options:

CBS This Morning

ABC Good Morning America

NBC Today

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

For those of you who watch a morning news program (CBS, ABC, NBC), which one do you prefer and why? Are you committed to one show, or do you switch depending on the content that day? I'm just curious as to what the moms here prefer. It's been in the news lately about how Good Morning America has beaten the Today show in ratings consistently since after the Olympics. The Today show had previously led in the ratings for well over a decade.
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
colljd02
by Julia on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I listen to PRI :-)

During the fires last summer, I watched ABC, which consisted mostly of local updates with occassional cuts to Good Morning America.

polyhymia
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Most of the time i watch GMA, but i do watch the others.  i just like GMA better haha. 

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:34 PM

I work full time so i don't watch tv in the morning because i'm getting ready. I listen to NPR on the way to work.

Lizardannie1966
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:35 PM

After Ann Curry left The Today Show, I quit watching it. If I do watch a national morning news show, it's CBS This Morning.

Primarily I watch one of our local morning news shows--News Channel 3's, Arizona Family.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:39 PM

I like The Today Show.

smileber
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:45 PM
2 moms liked this

If I watch the news, I typically watch Fox News or stations like such. I use to prefer the Today Show, but it has become too wrapped up in celebrities and products/advice I do not really agree with. they do still have some good episodes, but mostly I just can not get in to it.

tooptimistic
by Kelly on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

After Ann Curry left The Today Show, I quit watching it. If I do watch a national morning news show, it's CBS This Morning.

Primarily I watch one of our local morning news shows--News Channel 3's, Arizona Family.

I used to watch the Today Show too, until they fired Ann.  Now I don't watch any of them.  :)

The Sprout Good Morning Show is on first thing in the morning at our house!!

colljd02
by Julia on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:47 PM
I hate what they did to Ann Curry. Do you think Matt Lauer had a hand in getting her off Today?

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SLTmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Me too.

I miss Charlie Gibson. He was my favorite.

Quoting polyhymia:

Most of the time i watch GMA, but i do watch the others.  i just like GMA better haha. 

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief"  Gerry Spence

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)