Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Tax rate story the Republicans ignore

Posted by   + Show Post

Most Republicans wish for a return to the values of the 50's. Do they realize that the top income tax rate during the 50's was 90% and that middle class and low income families did not have to pay income tax? It wasn't until millionaires started moaning about being persecuted that the tax rate crept down for millionaires and up for the middle class. Not so coincidentally, the economy tends to tank every time millionaires get their corporate welfare.

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Replies (11-15):
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:21 PM

There are many folks who worship at the alter of the Uber Wealthy...Just look how popular Romney is and listen to those in here who will support the wealthy at any cost to themselves.

Quoting Sisteract:

It's easier it seems to get $1 from 100 people than to get $100 from 1 person.

Smoke and mirrors I tell you.

I do not think the Middle is supposed to know about all the unique advantages that are afforded those in the other groups.

I do find it interesting that many in the middle complain ad nauseum about the entitlements for the lower groups, while virtually ignoring the advantages that only those at the tip top enjoy. WHY is that? Are people so in awe with the wealthy? Do they worship at the altar? Or are the poor an easy target? Does shite always flow downhill?

Seems a rather "bullyish" approach-

New World Peace

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:27 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL- Do folks not realize that the ubers and megas do NOT want any more people in their ranks? Particularly not people who are self made, hard workers and new money? The 250,000-1mil/yr is the target group- the tax shield for the ubers.

WAKE UP FOLKS!!!!

Quoting NWP:

There are many folks who worship at the alter of the Uber Wealthy...Just look how popular Romney is and listen to those in here who will support the wealthy at any cost to themselves.

Quoting Sisteract:

I do not think the Middle is supposed to know about all the unique advantages that are afforded those in the other groups.

I do find it interesting that many in the middle complain ad nauseum about the entitlements for the lower groups, while virtually ignoring the advantages that only those at the tip top enjoy. WHY is that? Are people so in awe with the wealthy? Do they worship at the altar? Or are the poor an easy target? Does shite always flow downhill?

Separation of church and state is for the protection of BOTH church and state.
Leading with hate and intolerance only leads to MORE hate and intolerance.
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I am not sure if it is that...or a bastardization of the Christian belief that God blesses those who help themselves...I think there are folks who believe that these people are Uber Wealthy because they are favored by God and therefore should be exalted and protected. It is the only explanation I can fathom. :/

Quoting Sisteract:

LOL- Do folks not realize that the ubers and megas do NOT want any more people in their ranks? Particularly not people who are self made, hard workers and new money? The 250,000-1mil/yr is the target group- the tax shield for the ubers.

WAKE UP FOLKS!!!!

Quoting NWP:

Quoting Sisteract:

New World Peace

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:25 PM

GOOD Lord.

Quoting NWP:

I am not sure if it is that...or a bastardization of the Christian belief that God blesses those who help themselves...I think there are folks who believe that these people are Uber Wealthy because they are favored by God and therefore should be exalted and protected. It is the only explanation I can fathom. :/

Quoting Sisteract:

WAKE UP FOLKS!!!!

Quoting NWP:

Quoting Sisteract:

Separation of church and state is for the protection of BOTH church and state.
Leading with hate and intolerance only leads to MORE hate and intolerance.
jadedcynic
by NerdyJen on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:23 PM

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts/displayafact.cfm?Docid=213

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Source?

Quoting jadedcynic:

Most Republicans wish for a return to the values of the 50's. Do they realize that the top income tax rate during the 50's was 90% and that middle class and low income families did not have to pay income tax? It wasn't until millionaires started moaning about being persecuted that the tax rate crept down for millionaires and up for the middle class. Not so coincidentally, the economy tends to tank every time millionaires get their corporate welfare.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured