Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mitt slight of hand...

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:42 PM
  • 53 Replies
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=hTE1Y3bvqwM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DhTE1Y3bvqwM

Please someone make clicky... I'm mobil.

No one was allowed any notes, charts or othe things of that sort... Rhey were allowed to take notws on the paper of their choice (which you can see is already on the podium. Thoughts??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM
2 moms liked this

[Edit]
I am torn on this.

I would rather focus on the fact that he lied with nearly every statement  and flipped flopped on the statements that were not lies.

I almost look at this as a distraction. But on the other side it is illegal (Or maybe just against the rules-not sure how that all works) to bring notes of any kind to the debate. Shady

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

Luv2BaMommy9809
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Nothing in the rules saying they couldn't bring their own snot rag.... GOOD GRIEF!!

survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting brookiecookie87:

[Edit]
I am torn on this.

I would rather focus on the fact that he lied with nearly every statement  and flipped flopped on the statements that were not lies.

I almost look at this as a distraction. But on the other side it is illegal (Or maybe just against the rules-not sure how that all works) to bring notes of any kind to the debate. Shady

Its cheating!

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

_Kissy_
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

[Edit]
I am torn on this.

Its cheating!

Yeah. That's pretty clear. But what does that mean?

Do we all look at Romney and go, "Shame Shame! You are a shady guy!" or is there some form of Punishment for the cheating?

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

Billiebeth
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM
You guys accusing him of breaking rules do realize he picked up his "notes" to wipe his face later during the debate?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

It was win or go home.

He still did not present a viable plan {economic or hc].

How about he pay PBS for broadcast time and divulge his entire, superior, business plan for curing a failing global economy, job growth, HC reformation and....

I'd watch. He has the money- he should put it where his promises are-

If he has all the answers and is so confident, educate the rest of us- convince the populace instead of his old cronies-

Oh, that's right,he has disdain for 47% and if you're not greasing his palm, he has no use for you.

terpmama
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Quoting Billiebeth:

You guys accusing him of breaking rules do realize he picked up his "notes" to wipe his face later during the debate?

I didn't watch the debates that closely (I listened while folding laundry) so I have no idea what it was I was simply looking for other peoples thoughts. But if it is a hanky, why pull it out and put it there... Gross, why not just leave it in your pocket til you need it?
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Quoting Luv2BaMommy9809:

Nothing in the rules saying they couldn't bring their own snot rag.... GOOD GRIEF!!

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/10/05/upon-further-review-mitt-romney-may-have-cheated-to-win-the-debate/

Quote:

But not so for Romney. The Presidential challenger goes back to his lectern to retrieve his items. It is clear that the only thing that Romney takes is paper. Not a handkerchief. Not a white flag. Nothing but paper

Not that it really matters. Why someone would need a note card to lie, and flip flop is beyond me. I imagine he won't try the same thing next debate. I guess we will see if there are any changes in his confidence.

Billiebeth
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:12 PM
What is gross about using a clean hanky to dry your face after being under those lights for 90 minutes?

Quoting terpmama:

Quoting Billiebeth:

I didn't watch the debates that closely (I listened while folding laundry) so I have no idea what it was I was simply looking for other peoples thoughts. But if it is a hanky, why pull it out and put it there... Gross, why not just leave it in your pocket til you need it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN