Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I wonder what it would be like to have an all atheist govt.

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: How do you feel? (don't mind my humorous response choices, just wanna bring a little light heartedness to a serious post)

Options:

That would be tight yo'

Hell naw shawty, that would be whack! Fo sho yo'

Mayen I dont even know

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 71

View Results

Well....answer the question 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Replies (41-50):
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Quoting radioheid:

I think we'd see an accurate representation of the US Constitution in law. The religious would lose no rights, as you suggested; they simply wouldn't enjoy the privilege and positive bias they currently do.

This. Exactly this.
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting caito:

I just wet my panties with excitement at the thought.

Thanks for the lol!
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:27 AM

I just got a giggle from the answers.. but, it would be all good.
I just want someone who can leave their religion out of the decisions that would affect ME! lol 

shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:12 AM
Works for me! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wickedfiress
by Kellie on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:06 AM
This!

Quoting radioheid:

I think we'd see an accurate representation of the US Constitution in law. The religious would lose no rights, as you suggested; they simply wouldn't enjoy the privilege and positive bias they currently do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Such as?

Quoting radioheid:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Can you further explain what exactly you mean by leave their religion out of the decisions that would affect me?

Quoting Sekirei:

I just got a giggle from the answers.. but, it would be all good.
I just want someone who can leave their religion out of the decisions that would affect ME! lol 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:15 AM
So someone Was a coward. Aha!

Quoting turtle68:

I didnt vote LOL 

Quoting AdrianneHill:

Cause I thought that you had voted but not made a comment. And I was trying to prod the post out of someone because I had no idea who it was. It was like the third vote or something. And I must have seen it during that minute or so between vote and response. Sorry.

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting AdrianneHill:

Someone a coward

Doh, must have caught you in that in between moment. Sorry. Edited it again to direct it at turtle.

why?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Quoting 12hellokitty:

In response to your worshipping my God on my time, in my space.

Do you also check your freedom of speech except when it's on your time and in your space?

Quoting Aislinn:

Could they do any worse? No. No, they couldn't. At least I would not have their religious crap shoved down my throat. That would be a bonus. I have no issues worshipping my God on my time, in my space.

I see you do not know what Freedom of Speech really means. Freedom of Speech means the GOVERNMENT cannot take action against me for the speech against them. It has nothing to do with citizen to citizen. And, it is FREEDOM OF SPEECH. I can freely use speech, as you can freely use religion. You just cannot demand laws in the name of your religion. I love it when people actually think Freedom of Speech pertains to what we say to each other. History class, stat.

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Does the constitution guarantee that the churches won't be taxed? I'm actually asking without snark, I don't remember.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN