Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wonder what it would be like to have an all atheist govt.

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: How do you feel? (don't mind my humorous response choices, just wanna bring a little light heartedness to a serious post)

Options:

That would be tight yo'

Hell naw shawty, that would be whack! Fo sho yo'

Mayen I dont even know

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 71

View Results

Well....answer the question 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Replies (61-65):
12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:40 AM
I was referring to your comment about worshipping on my time and space. The first amendment gives me the freedom to practice my religion ANYTIME and in ANYPLACE.

I agree it does not give the government the right to dictate with religion and take away people's rights including their right to religious liberty.

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

You may want to read what the first amendment Acctually says. I'll give you a hint the words religion and free exercise come BEFORE speech...

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

In response to your worshipping my God on my time, in my space.

Do you also check your freedom of speech except when it's on your time and in your space?

Quoting Aislinn:

Could they do any worse? No. No, they couldn't. At least I would not have their religious crap shoved down my throat. That would be a bonus. I have no issues worshipping my God on my time, in my space.

I see you do not know what Freedom of Speech really means. Freedom of Speech means the GOVERNMENT cannot take action against me for the speech against them. It has nothing to do with citizen to citizen. And, it is FREEDOM OF SPEECH. I can freely use speech, as you can freely use religion. You just cannot demand laws in the name of your religion. I love it when people actually think Freedom of Speech pertains to what we say to each other. History class, stat.

Yes, it gives you the freedom to EXERCISE your religion. It does not give the government the right to DICTATE with religion and take away peoples rights in the name of religion. And who cares what comes first in the First Amendment? Did you really just say that? How absurd! They all count, equally and the same no matter which words came first. And, all your rambling still does not change the fact you do not know what Freedom of Speech or Religion, for that matter, means.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

No need to reference religion or lack there of - Obviously religion or lack there of  does not influence my vote.

Change, no.

Take the MONEY out of elections and politics- now that would be a change.

tooptimistic
by Kelly on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting tooptimistic:

There is always room for improvement, and a few bad apples in the barrel.. but I like our government for the most part.  I love we have freedom of speech and freedom of religion, along with all of our other freedoms.  I think an atheist government would suppress politician and government employees freedom of religion.  Not to sure about the idea. 

You mean, like the way the  current Christian based government suppresses the rights of non Christians and homosexuals in the name of religion? Hmmm.

It isn't government that is shooting down same sex marriage.  Its voters.  Voters vote sometimes according to their religious beliefs.  If someone is a registered voter and can vote, you can't tell them how to vote. 

tooptimistic
by Kelly on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Yeah, that is the much bigger issue.

Quoting Sisteract:

No need to reference religion or lack there of - Obviously religion or lack there of  does not influence my vote.

Change, no.

Take the MONEY out of elections and politics- now that would be a change.

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, yes it was

Quoting tooptimistic:

I am thinking that was more for absolute control..

Quoting AdrianneHill:

Meh, they moved the government to take the place of god. Mao became god like and in the Soviet Union they even attributed miracles and the like to Lenin and other founding fathers to more easily into that "we need gods" part of their population's brains.

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting cammibear:

Absolutely NOT! History gives us plenty of examples of where atheistic worldviews lead a nation. No thanks!

China comes to mind. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured