Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

O/T Some yahoo crashed up my car :( UPDATED

Posted by   + Show Post

He pulled directly into the side of my car while I was in a parking lot.  My 4yo was in the car with me...we are both OK but sore.

Lets see, how to make this a discussion other than a blatant bid for sympathy...

If you have had damage to your car, how do you feel about the way your insurance handled it?

Update 10/9: So they did not total my car, they are looking to write me a check.  Though they said my $500 deductible was "waived," they are assessing me $500 for my "fault" in the accident.  It was "mostly" the other guys fault, and apparently $500 worth of my fault.  I smell BS.  

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Replies (31-40):
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Thanks VVV!

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Glad you're both okay!

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Wow!  (My car isn't worth 10g, lol)

Now moving companies I hear a LOT of horror stories about.

Quoting Woodbabe:

Aw man, I'm so glad you're okay! We recently had our two sports cars smashed up by the moving company we hired, almost to the tune of $10,000 in damage between the two of them. Our insurance is covering it and going after THEM for us to recoup the money!

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:00 AM

LOL. The other night I was curling my oldests hair and a friend on fb was talking to me, so she had to be my typist. LOL 

I told her I was going to 'learn' her Arabic yet. LOL. Alhamdulilah, mashAllah, insha'Allah, etc, etc. :P

Quoting stacymomof2:

Thanks, alhamdullillah.  :)  

(Can you tell I hang around with an Egyptian...al hamdullilla and insha allah are the highest frequency words at my house, lol)

Quoting muslimahpj:

Im sorry. Im glad you guys are ok, though.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Weird...why would it matter if it was a private parking lot?  That sucks.  Insurance will always try to deny everything.

Quoting Firenygirl180:

I totalled my first car my senior year of high school.  My dad dealt with the insurance and they covered it even though I wasn't on his policy.  However we only got about 1/2 of what the car was worth because the odometer said 212,000 miles even though we had rebuilt the car and a majority of it was new or had less than 60,000 miles on it.  When I got rear ended the following summer it wasn't my fault at all and insurance took a while but they covered a new back door for my car. 

My ex was in an accident the following year (we were dating at the time of the accident)   in the parking lot where we worked and  the guy who hit hims insurance didn't cover anything because it happened in a privat parking lot.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:02 AM

It sucks because we hired them before and they did a freaking AMAZING job...this time they subcontracted to some yahoo that thought it would be fun to take our Z's off the truck and take em for a drive. They ripped the entire lower body kit away from the car and ripped up the other one. Both needed new windshields, from bumpers and hubs had to have a $1000 rim replaced. Full paint jobs too since they were cherry cars, nearly perfect...and were returned to us crammed in a storage room at the local "stop and lock" monthly rental place. They were just trashed. Heartbreaking.

Quoting stacymomof2:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Aw man, I'm so glad you're okay! We recently had our two sports cars smashed up by the moving company we hired, almost to the tune of $10,000 in damage between the two of them. Our insurance is covering it and going after THEM for us to recoup the money!

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:09 AM

I'm still working on the aphabet but my oldest daughter has a perfect accent.  She kniw several surahs by heart (the short ones) plus the fatha.  (showing off, here, lol)

Quoting muslimahpj:

LOL. The other night I was curling my oldests hair and a friend on fb was talking to me, so she had to be my typist. LOL 

I told her I was going to 'learn' her Arabic yet. LOL. Alhamdulilah, mashAllah, insha'Allah, etc, etc. :P

Quoting stacymomof2:

Thanks, alhamdullillah.  :)  

(Can you tell I hang around with an Egyptian...al hamdullilla and insha allah are the highest frequency words at my house, lol)

Quoting muslimahpj:

Im sorry. Im glad you guys are ok, though.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Unbelievable.  

Of course it would be fun to take a couple of cherry z's off the truck and take them for a spin.  How did you expect him to resist?  lol

Quoting Woodbabe:

It sucks because we hired them before and they did a freaking AMAZING job...this time they subcontracted to some yahoo that thought it would be fun to take our Z's off the truck and take em for a drive. They ripped the entire lower body kit away from the car and ripped up the other one. Both needed new windshields, from bumpers and hubs had to have a $1000 rim replaced. Full paint jobs too since they were cherry cars, nearly perfect...and were returned to us crammed in a storage room at the local "stop and lock" monthly rental place. They were just trashed. Heartbreaking.

Quoting stacymomof2:

Quoting Woodbabe:

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:18 AM

OK!  More good advice!

Quoting NWP:

Also make sure you get an independent estimate from a dealership. If the same insurance company handles both of you, they may try to short you....Just sayin'...Get your own estimate.

survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:27 AM

It has been my experience that they generally settle things quickly.  I am glad you are ok!

Quoting stacymomof2:

Yes, they should.  They already told me that my deductible would probably be waived and that they would probably total it, since both doors and the front and back panels were damaged on the passenger side.

But we shall see.  I had a fire claim on a business several years ago and it was nothing but a nightmare to work with insurance.  I've never claimed on car insurance, though.

Quoting NWP:

Ugh. That is terrible. You shouldn't have to worry about your insurance. Their insurance should cover everything. You just need to go get an independent estimate at your dealership then submit it to their insurance. They should cut you a check. 

And yes, this kind of thing has happened to me. More than once :(

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Screwed cause in some cases you are shit out of luck getting enough to put down on another car or replace it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured