Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obama: "We don't believe anybody is entitled to success in this country."

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:49 PM
  • 272 Replies
2 moms liked this

Quote  Like Reply to Post

President Obama, speaking in Virginia, said, "We don't believe anybody is entitled to success in this country."

"This country doesn't just succeed when just a few are doing well at the top. It succeeds when the middle class gets bigger. Our economy doesn't grow from the top down -- it grows from the middle out. We don't believe that anybody is entitled to success in this country," said Obama. "But we do believe in opportunity. We believe in a country where hard work pays off and responsibility is rewarded, and everybody is getting a fair shot and everybody is doing their fair share and everybody is playing by the same rules."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-we-dont-believe-anybody-entitled-success-country_653749.html

grandma B

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
radioheid
by Libertarian on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:28 AM
24 moms liked this
Well...yeah. People are entitled to basic emergency medical care. They are entitled to food. They are entitled to a basic public school education through grade 12. They are entitled to many things, but success isn't one of them---success must be earned. I'm a Libertarian and even I agree with that. Survival is one thing, success is a different story.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ButterMeUp
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:31 AM
2 moms liked this

IMO, EVERY HUMAN BEING HAS THE ENTITILMENT TO SUCESS. 

Now if they want to shit all over that entitlement and self destruct, that's on them. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

afwifeandmommy3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:32 AM
3 moms liked this
Oh boy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little.worthen
by Tess on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:34 AM
11 moms liked this
Nobody is entitled. You have to work for what you have.. Everyone should get a fair chance, but it shouldn't be everyone giving handouts to everyone else.. Nobody should have to work hard and give up what they've earned to someone who didn't want it as bad as them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saphira1207
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:37 AM
3 moms liked this

There are sooooo many things wrong in that statement.  I don't even know where to begin.

sadbanging head into wall

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM
5 moms liked this

Success (n):  accomplishment of an aim; favorable outcome...attainment of wealth, fame or position.

Succeed (v):  have success, be successful

So, Obama is telling everyone that they are not entitled to success, ergo, not to succeed in their goals.  Everyone is entitled (the right) to the success that they earn for themselves.

He really put his foot in his mouth on this one.  Why should people aim for success, when the president tells you you aren't entitled to it....

It's one of the more ludicrous demeaning statements he's made yet.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:27 AM
9 moms liked this
Upon examination of what Obama said and the context in which he said it, I agree with the sentiment.

Oh and this just in: Obama is NNNNNNNNNNOOOOTTTTTTTT the antiChrist (emphasis mine, for...emphasis).
Sheraymonet
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:29 AM
4 moms liked this
I agree with his statement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Upon examination of what Obama said and the context in which he said it, I agree with the sentiment.

Of course you do.  I wouldn't expect anything different. sigh.....

grandma B

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM
Quoting Sheraymonet:

I agree with his statement.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured