Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Obama: "We don't believe anybody is entitled to success in this country."

Posted by   + Show Post

Quote  Like Reply to Post

President Obama, speaking in Virginia, said, "We don't believe anybody is entitled to success in this country."

"This country doesn't just succeed when just a few are doing well at the top. It succeeds when the middle class gets bigger. Our economy doesn't grow from the top down -- it grows from the middle out. We don't believe that anybody is entitled to success in this country," said Obama. "But we do believe in opportunity. We believe in a country where hard work pays off and responsibility is rewarded, and everybody is getting a fair shot and everybody is doing their fair share and everybody is playing by the same rules."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-we-dont-believe-anybody-entitled-success-country_653749.html

grandma B

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Replies (31-40):
grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Quoting grandmab125:

He is changing his wording to "fair shot" from "fair share", because he finally figured out that tactic was costing him support.  And as Gov. Romney so eloquently said in the debate, "Gov't trickle down economics doesn't work."  And for those of you who weren't paying attention, when the mod asked Obama what he thought of gov't trickle down economics, Obama mumbled something, asked the mod to change the topic, and went off on the Obamacare rant.

If you don't have the successful employers creating jobs, the middle class have no jobs.  The success of one can affect the success of the one under him.

Life isn't fair, suck it up.  It's about time someone told Obama that.   

HE even called Obamacare - Obamacare..........lol Not ACA or whatever the official name of the thing is...

A great moment in time lol

Yeah, he made a stab at humor during the debate when Romney called it Obamacare.  He said that he actually liked the name.  Maybe, it's finally hit him, that he can't put the blame for that monstrosity on anyone else.  He can't convince anyone any more that it is affordable health care, since insurance rates have already shot up through the roof.  Then those hidden taxes, etc.....a nightmare exploding before our very eyes.

grandma B

Iconoclast
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:12 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Healthystart30:

I must be missing something, just see him answering all the republicans saying that democrats feel entitled to hand out without work, what he is saying is, No we don't believe that we are entitled to anything, but everyone deserves the same chance?

And what he said about the middle class is so true, and has been true in every civilization in history I believe.

You're not missing anything other than the OP deciding that since Obama said it fault must be found, even when the fault is only in her imagination.   

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Iconoclast:

It really does chafe your ass when someone agrees with him doesn't it?  That has to hurt since your head usually resides there, huh?

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Sheraymonet:

I agree with his statement.

I'm sure you're one of the millions who think they are "entitled" to the success of others, though.

Aren't you sweet?  And I get accused of being a b..ch.  Maybe I should report you for this one.  I'm sure it violates CM rules.

grandma B

opal10161973
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:16 AM
4 moms liked this

No, we are not entitled to success, we are only deserving of the success that our hard work brings to us.

Sheraymonet
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:16 AM
2 moms liked this
You don't know what I believe. You can think that about me...but you'd be wrong.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Sheraymonet:

I'm sure you're one of the millions who think they are "entitled" to the success of others, though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:18 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

WHO determines what's a "fair share"?

Enquiring minds want to know.........

Goodness, where have you been the past four years?  Why Obama gets to decide what's a fair share for everyone.

grandma B

Iconoclast
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:23 AM
6 moms liked this

I don't think you are a bitch, I think that you have a physical condition.  Report me if you like.  Seriously, this is CM and that is a sorry threat.  Oh no! I'm going to get an email (pats head) At least you think the threat means something.  Reporting me doesn't cure your condition at all. 

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Iconoclast:

It really does chafe your ass when someone agrees with him doesn't it?  That has to hurt since your head usually resides there, huh?

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Sheraymonet:

Aren't you sweet?  And I get accused of being a b..ch.  Maybe I should report you for this one.  I'm sure it violates CM rules.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:24 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Iconoclast:

Quoting Healthystart30:

I must be missing something, just see him answering all the republicans saying that democrats feel entitled to hand out without work, what he is saying is, No we don't believe that we are entitled to anything, but everyone deserves the same chance?

And what he said about the middle class is so true, and has been true in every civilization in history I believe.

You're not missing anything other than the OP deciding that since Obama said it fault must be found, even when the fault is only in her imagination.   

remember.. Obama is EVIL!!!! lol Even when he is right... he is wrong

Iconoclast
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:27 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting Iconoclast:

Quoting Healthystart30:

The funny thing is that some of the people who have disagreed with the statement have said some variation of the same. 

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:28 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Iconoclast:

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting Iconoclast:

Quoting Healthystart30:

The funny thing is that some of the people who have disagreed with the statement have said some variation of the same. 

exactly. When he says it, he's wrong. If Romney or one of those others were to say it, it would be all good. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN