Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Obama: "We don't believe anybody is entitled to success in this country."

Posted by   + Show Post

Quote  Like Reply to Post

President Obama, speaking in Virginia, said, "We don't believe anybody is entitled to success in this country."

"This country doesn't just succeed when just a few are doing well at the top. It succeeds when the middle class gets bigger. Our economy doesn't grow from the top down -- it grows from the middle out. We don't believe that anybody is entitled to success in this country," said Obama. "But we do believe in opportunity. We believe in a country where hard work pays off and responsibility is rewarded, and everybody is getting a fair shot and everybody is doing their fair share and everybody is playing by the same rules."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-we-dont-believe-anybody-entitled-success-country_653749.html

grandma B

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Replies (41-50):
Iconoclast
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:44 AM
3 moms liked this
Anyone find it funny that the opening sentence is,"We don't believe anybody is entitled to success in this country." Yet it is read, by OP, as everyone is entitled to success. Hell, OP wrote the post and didnt even read it. And had the nerve to flip shit when someone agreed with the actual quoted words. LOL! I think that OP may need a little help with reading and comprehension.
Sheraymonet
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:50 AM
2 moms liked this
Cherry picking at its best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:51 AM
3 moms liked this

Yeah, Grandma there's many Liberals that just don't educate themselves.  All they know is they are voting for Obama.  Which is quite scary!  It always amazes me, just how little they know.  Also, how they can ignore all the facts/figures.  It's like Obama could do no wrong, IF America was in ruins, they'd still vote for him.tsk tsk

Quoting grandmab125:

banging head into wall

Quoting muslimahpj:

going crazy

Iconoclast
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:59 AM
4 moms liked this
Epic fail grandma b! Go you!
Iconoclast
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:00 AM
3 moms liked this
Quoting Naturewoman4:

Hee, hee. It's funny that you mentioned what others know. I remember that last post you did and it seems others know a lot about you, LOL.
grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Quoting Iconoclast:

Anyone find it funny that the opening sentence is,"We don't believe anybody is entitled to success in this country." Yet it is read, by OP, as everyone is entitled to success. Hell, OP wrote the post and didnt even read it. And had the nerve to flip shit when someone agreed with the actual quoted words. LOL! I think that OP may need a little help with reading and comprehension.

Look again, I didn't write the post.  Check the link.  I took the name from the quote of Obama's own words.  I just noticed I did leave out the word "that".  So before you preach your prejudice towards me, you should check links before you make ignorant comments.

grandma B

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Iconoclast:

Not at all.  This is a  very liberal left wing forum, so I don't expect much support from people like you.  But that won't stop me in my attempts to educate the lemmings.

grandma B

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:23 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Iconoclast:

Not at all.  This is a  very liberal left wing forum, so I don't expect much support from people like you.  But that won't stop me in my attempts to educate the lemmings.

now wait.. you get upset over something she said and you go and call names. Wow, so, it is all right if you do it?

shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:04 AM
4 moms liked this
What is your deal already? That is the third time now in like the past month I've seen you threaten to report somebody. I'm gonna tell! I'm gonna tell! God damn, do it already, nobody cares. You can start with me, report me. You'll be about the 100th person who has. It's meaningless.

Oh, and nobody is just entitled? They have to earn it? Sounds like the same ingeminations you guys love to bring out whenever you rail against any form of PA. Which seems to be always.

What a post.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Iconoclast:

It really does chafe your ass when someone agrees with him doesn't it?  That has to hurt since your head usually resides there, huh?

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Sheraymonet:

I agree with his statement.

I'm sure you're one of the millions who think they are "entitled" to the success of others, though.

Aren't you sweet?  And I get accused of being a b..ch.  Maybe I should report you for this one.  I'm sure it violates CM rules.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:07 AM
3 moms liked this
The irony of this coming from those that have great difficulty with subject-predicate is delicious!

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Yeah, Grandma there's many Liberals that just don't educate themselves.  All they know is they are voting for Obama.  Which is quite scary!  It always amazes me, just how little they know.  Also, how they can ignore all the facts/figures.  It's like Obama could do no wrong, IF America was in ruins, they'd still vote for him.tsk tsk

Quoting grandmab125:

banging head into wall

Quoting muslimahpj:

going crazy

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)