Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I'm curious to learn more who people are voting for  this next go around? I love Obama, and will probably go around this next time with him again. I'm a active LDS Memeber of the church, and for some reason, Romney doesn't sit too well with me. Most likely because he doesn't always tell the truth, from what i read in the news.

I don't care that Obama is for abortion, but at the same time, everyone is entitled to there freedom. I am hoping for more comments, as I want to get more educated on these two wonderful canidates:)

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Replies (21-30):
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Pedro

shadenn766
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:39 PM

me...

shadenn766... 2012

american flag ribbon

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:44 PM

In your opinion why would it be a wasted vote?

Quoting asfriend:

Any vote not for Romney or Obama is of course a wasted vote....Romney! of Course!

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Peanutx3:

Sigh another post for posters to tell me how my vote will be wasted.  I am going to choose not to answer this time.

No vote is wasted, in my opinion. :)

I know, without a doubt, who I will not be voting for...........Romney.

Ziva65
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Probably Romney. The religion thing is my stumbling block. I am though a Republican through and through, at least I see it as a vote against Obama.

radioheid
by Libertarian on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Didn't you know this is a horse race with a big prize for the winner? lol

Quoting Peanutx3:

In your opinion why would it be a wasted vote?

Quoting asfriend:

Any vote not for Romney or Obama is of course a wasted vote....Romney! of Course!

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Peanutx3:

Sigh another post for posters to tell me how my vote will be wasted.  I am going to choose not to answer this time.

No vote is wasted, in my opinion. :)

I know, without a doubt, who I will not be voting for...........Romney.

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

lga1965
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Quoting james8mar:

I'm curious to learn more who people are voting for  this next go around? I love Obama, and will probably go around this next time with him again. I'm a active LDS Memeber of the church, and for some reason, Romney doesn't sit too well with me. Most likely because he doesn't always tell the truth, from what i read in the news.

I don't care that Obama is for abortion, but at the same time, everyone is entitled to there freedom. I am hoping for more comments, as I want to get more educated on these two wonderful canidates:)

Obama is Pro-CHOICE. That is a whole lot different than being "For abortion".

I am voting for him too because, as you said,I don't thonk Romney is telling the truth and he tailors his speeches to appeal to whatever audience he is speaking to. He's wishy-washy , changes his mind, looks uncomfortable most of the time and his debate style this week was an attempt to look "strong". He didn't do that very well.He just looked  arrogant and he smirked when the president spoke. Smirking is not a good look for him.

Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Do you live on the left side or the right side of the state...I mean west of the mountains or west of the mountains?

Quoting Peanutx3:

Exactly. Same thing in Washington. It will go for Obama so even if I voted for Romney it wouldn't change the outcome.

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Your vote is never wasted. 

I wonder if those that say it is think anyone who doesn't vote for Obama in California is a wasted vote.  Afterall, California will go to Obama, so with some's reasoning, any vote that isn't for him is wasted.  Some people just don't think logically and are stuck in their emotional reactions.

Quoting Peanutx3:

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I am on the west side.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

Do you live on the left side or the right side of the state...I mean west of the mountains or west of the mountains?

Quoting Peanutx3:

Exactly. Same thing in Washington. It will go for Obama so even if I voted for Romney it wouldn't change the outcome.

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Your vote is never wasted. 

I wonder if those that say it is think anyone who doesn't vote for Obama in California is a wasted vote.  Afterall, California will go to Obama, so with some's reasoning, any vote that isn't for him is wasted.  Some people just don't think logically and are stuck in their emotional reactions.

Quoting Peanutx3:

mrsjksimmons
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I am voting for Obama. I am a moderate Democrat but that doesn't always mean I will vote Democratic. I may vote for a Republican if I feel like they'd do a better job. To me, Romney just doesn't seem to be able to tell the truth on a lot of issues. It's like he can't make up his mind on what to think so he's always going off saying things that contradicts something else he said.

Now I'm not saying that Obama is perfect either. He has his flaws. But for me, his flaws just seems the lesser of two evils.

GOBryan
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Obama. I believe he'll do less damage than Romney. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN