Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I'm curious to learn more who people are voting for  this next go around? I love Obama, and will probably go around this next time with him again. I'm a active LDS Memeber of the church, and for some reason, Romney doesn't sit too well with me. Most likely because he doesn't always tell the truth, from what i read in the news.

I don't care that Obama is for abortion, but at the same time, everyone is entitled to there freedom. I am hoping for more comments, as I want to get more educated on these two wonderful canidates:)

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Replies (31-40):
Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:21 PM

No vote is wasted.  If enough people are fed up with the main candidates from the 2 parties then they will vote 3rd party and perhaps they will take the election...at least that is how i hope it goes.

No vote is wasted.  All votes send a message.

Quoting asfriend:

Any vote not for Romney or Obama is of course a wasted vote....Romney! of Course!

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Peanutx3:

Sigh another post for posters to tell me how my vote will be wasted.  I am going to choose not to answer this time.

No vote is wasted, in my opinion. :)

I know, without a doubt, who I will not be voting for...........Romney.

Oddy_Knocky
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Optimus Prime
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I am on the east side.  We mostly vote republican over here but it always go democrat because of the cities on the west side.

Quoting Peanutx3:

I am on the west side.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

Do you live on the left side or the right side of the state...I mean west of the mountains or west of the mountains?

Quoting Peanutx3:

Exactly. Same thing in Washington. It will go for Obama so even if I voted for Romney it wouldn't change the outcome.

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Your vote is never wasted. 

I wonder if those that say it is think anyone who doesn't vote for Obama in California is a wasted vote.  Afterall, California will go to Obama, so with some's reasoning, any vote that isn't for him is wasted.  Some people just don't think logically and are stuck in their emotional reactions.

Quoting Peanutx3:

Sigh another post for posters to tell me how my vote will be wasted.  I am going to choose not to answer this time.

brandydesiree
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:36 PM
I'm voting for Romney. If you're gonna call Romney a liar, you got to call Obama one too. Because we ALL know that he has not done much of what he promised in 08...with the exception of Obamacare andu pulling out of Iraq.

That being said...I'm voting for Romney because I think he has a better chance at turning the economy around. I also believe that Romney will have more success with Foriegn policy, especially in the ME. Obama is weak in that area to me. He gives in and apologizes to them for our rights. Yea, that makes us look weak and pathetic and scared. I think Romney has more backbone.

I do like Obama as a man. I think his a great husband and father. I think he cares for the country and its people. I just don't think he goes about things the right way.

To each his own though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asfriend
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:40 PM
You know why I think it is a wasted vote, Romney or Obama will be the next president. Truth is unless one lives in a swing state you will have no real impact anyway.

I understand the whole vote your conscience thing, I just don't agree with it.

Quoting Peanutx3:

In your opinion why would it be a wasted vote?

Quoting asfriend:

Any vote not for Romney or Obama is of course a wasted vote....Romney! of Course!

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Peanutx3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myboysRmyhero
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Gary Johnson
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilysMom2010
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:48 PM
I used to be a member of the lds church. And I have nothing against mormons at all. But I'm with you. He just doesn't sit right with me. And the more I learned about him the less I liked. Obama has the same beliefs as me when it comes to the issues that are important to me and I think are important for our country. I voted forhim four years ago and I will be voting for him again. Go with your gut. Its usually right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asfriend
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:21 PM
third party has no (zero chance.)

The only message is that you don't want to be involved in politics.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

No vote is wasted.  If enough people are fed up with the main candidates from the 2 parties then they will vote 3rd party and perhaps they will take the election...at least that is how i hope it goes.

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Peanutx3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellaamore
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:22 PM
This

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Gary Johnson

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

And that is your opinion.

I will not vote for the lesser of 2 evils.  And actualy I find both obama and romney to be way to similar for my liking.

So i will vote for someone who stands for what I believe in.  I will send the message with my vote that i will not cave and settle.

Of course a 3rd party would have a chance it more people would not vote for the lesser of 2 evils.

Quoting asfriend:

third party has no (zero chance.)

The only message is that you don't want to be involved in politics.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Peanutx3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN